• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion 4k availability for Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianG79

Hi Redfox team,

This may have been answered before. But I was wondering if it was possible for us to have Amazon 4k download capability. I know Amazon provides it on certain titles. But we end up with FHD. Was this to not get undue attention if I recall? Thanks for an insight. I really like how HBO/Max allows it.

Hi Redfox team,

This may have been answered before. But I was wondering if it was possible for us to have Amazon 4k download capability. I know Amazon provides it on certain titles. But we end up with FHD. Was this to not get undue attention if I recall? Thanks for an insight. I really like how HBO/Max allows it.
Not with Amazon, we already can download 4K with MAX and HULU on many titles as you said.

Hi Redfox team,

Nope!

I am surprised that any of the streaming services offer 4K downloads because downloads are targeted for smartphone or tablets. Such devices don't benefit from 4K resolution. 720p looks just as good on smaller screens and don't take up a massive amount of storage on the device.

4k has a higher protection the devs where not able to fix so far. Whilst I would like it too, it is very unlikely to happen.

Interesting. Why would 4K videos have a higher level of protection and not apply that same level of protection to all downloads?

Interesting. Why would 4K videos have a higher level of protection and not apply that same level of protection to all downloads?
4K video is more valuable and some streamers charge more for 4K access. In addition, some content providers may require a higher level of encryption in order to license a 4K version.

Encryption at the highest level is expensive/time-consuming. It's a good business move to NOT encrypt everything at the highest level.

Why would 4K videos have a higher level of protection and not apply that same level of protection to all downloads?
As gdc333 said, it probably would cost more if they would apply it to all streams. Also, they would loose basically any user in here, costing them even more money.

As gdc333 said, it probably would cost more if they would apply it to all streams. Also, they would loose basically any user in here, costing them even more money.
Yeah, like how Netflix's DVD rentals by mail significantly benefited from having DVD encryption broken. They even intentionally slowed down DVD shipments to accounts where DVDs were consistently being returned too quickly. :)

Last edited:
I am surprised that any of the streaming services offer 4K downloads because downloads are targeted for smartphone or tablets. Such devices don't benefit from 4K resolution. 720p looks just as good on smaller screens and don't take up a massive amount of storage on the device.
They do if your phone is connected to an AR or VR headset.

Yeah, but TVs have preprogrammed apps for Prime, Netflix, Disney+, etc
My 4K oled has all of these and a couple more.
So, streaming is not geared strictly for phones or tablets

Yeah, like how Netflix's DVD rentals by mail significantly benefited from having DVD encryption broken. They even intentionally slowed down DVD shipments to accounts where DVDs were consistently being returned too quickly. :)
I was a Netflix disc subscriber for the whole 20 years. I did not notice this, like, ever. I ripped then returned for two decades.
I can tell you that turnaround time went from 2-3 days in my metro area (Seattle, WA USA) to 6 days, apparently as a result of DeJoy's USPS destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back