• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.3.2.2 Forgetting the Default Audio Language

Mine looks exactly like yours but when I try that very same film it chooses English, I just tried it again. Lets see if someone else can try it.

I'm the same as you RF1...English at the top and the default choice.

Mine as well. Please see the OP in this thread! I'll add some more to the mix. Most of the APV movies and TV Series that are 1080P for me have only 224 kbs stereo audio. But yet I'm seeing 640 kbs DD+ 5.1 for movies that are 960x520 video resolution. "Hang 'Em High" is a good example. Seems odd to me! :banghead:
Cheers

Audio is completely at the discretion of the provider and will vary. You might find it stereo on one source and 6 channel on another.
In your example though...Hang'em High is 1080p...just not on Anystream at the moment.

Any Stream 1322 has often changed the default language (English US) to The Czech Republic. I downloaded several episodes of Black Mirror (on Netflix) several times and the language came out wrong despite being set to English in settings and when downloading costing me many wasted downloads. This has happened several times with different titles in Amazon and Netflix.

The uploaded dump file is unrelated to this issue but was created after an Any Stream 1322 crash .

Attachments

• netflix-Black Mirror_S01E01_The National Anthem.astlog
    580.9 KB · Views: 1
  • netflix-Black Mirror_S02E02_White Bear.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • netflix-Black Mirror_S01E03_The Entire History of You.astlog
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Any Stream 1322 has often changed the default language (English US) to The Czech Republic. I downloaded several episodes of Black Mirror (on Netflix) several times and the language came out wrong despite being set to English in settings and when downloading costing me many wasted downloads. This has happened several times with different titles in Amazon and Netflix.

The uploaded dump file is unrelated to this issue but was created after an Any Stream 1322 crash .

Just out of curiosity....does it happen when you download single episodes or when you add whole seasons to the queue. Does it actually have Czech checked instead of English or is English checked and you still get Czech?

I haven't downloaded anything with the latest version...just wondering if there is a way to avoid it from happening.

RF1. I tried "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" TV Series on AP again and the download default language for Episodes correctly defaults to English and 640kbs DD+ 5.1 on audio version 1.3.2.2. However, the PC that I reported the original behavior from is not the same one and I'm also on a different ISP as well! Weird.. :cautious:

When I get back to that location I'll retry and let you know.

Thanks for getting back to me.:dance:

Cheers!
Update, RF1. Tried it on the original PC (see my original OP) and it is still defaulting to Czech Audio language. Repeat.. AS+ still defaulting to the wrong language. :(
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried it on the original PC (see my original OP) and it is still defaulting to Czech Audio language. Repeat.. AS+ still defaulting to the wrong language. :(
No reason to repeat, I learned English when I was 12 years old, I believe you but I cannot reproduce it, but I will take it to the developers again, until then the smart thing to do would be to check the the language you want until we can find the reason its happening to you. I do not see a lot of people complaining about this so it must happen under a special circumstance. I think if peoples videos were in Czech audio they would report it. I see MCalca1706 reported it also.I see Jimc115 asked the next question I was going to ask? Can you answer that, please? I have noticed some weird issues from the queue of late so that would be helpful. Thank you for reporting.

Just to add to this, for me AP is the only provider this happens on, and it's "show" specific - for me, The Expanse defaults to Arabic. Alex Rider defaults to English (United States), Mrs Maisel defaults to Czech. Now I check, but it's a pain to go through each episode changing the language to English by hand.

Should add AS running on Windows 11 latest build.

Just to add to this, for me AP is the only provider this happens on, and it's "show" specific - for me, The Expanse defaults to Arabic. Alex Rider defaults to English (United States), Mrs Maisel defaults to Czech. Now I check, but it's a pain to go through each episode changing the language to English by hand.
If you are going to report an issue, please include a logfile. No logfile we cannot help you.

Redfox 1 - yes I understand, but AFAIK no logfile gets generated until I actually perform the download. I have no use for an episode of The Expanse in Arabic:)

This behavior is repeatable for any given "show", and only happens on AP.

Redfox 1 - yes I understand, but AFAIK no logfile gets generated until I actually perform the download. I have no use for an episode of The Expanse in Arabic:)

This behavior is repeatable for any given "show", and only happens on AP.
Well then the next you have an issue like this, please post a logfile. Thanks. I cannot reproduce this error and I have tried many times.

Nope. When you encounter the error go to File/Create Log and the log file will be created. It contains all interaction with the providers.

<<Just out of curiosity....does it happen when you download single episodes or when you add whole seasons to the queue. Does it actually have Czech checked instead of English or is English checked and you still get Czech?

I haven't downloaded anything with the latest version...just wondering if there is a way to avoid it from happening.>>

It happens when I download single episodes and whole seasons. English is checked as default in the settings and it still often downloads Czech instead of English. I am currently fearful of downloading full seasons because of ending up with so many useless episodes in the wrong language. Currently I usually download a few episodes and check the language to make sure they are in English before continuing.

<<Look in your FILE / SETTINGS / GENERAL / REGION and tell me what Country you have your program set to please.>>
upload_2022-2-13_20-8-37.png

Only a very few people are having this issue and I was trying to rule out simple solutions. I also want to rule out regions, one guy said he was getting Arabic or something. This doesn't just happen, there has to be an underlying issue. I am just ruling out the obvious.

Last edited:
Look in your FILE / SETTINGS / GENERAL / REGION and tell me what Country you have your program set to please.

Got it!! I swear this used to be "United States" (I'm actually in Canada, but that's not an option), have no idea when it became "Other". I'll see if it still happens, and yes, I'm the guy that was reporting Arabic :).

Got it!! I swear this used to be "United States" (I'm actually in Canada, but that's not an option), have no idea when it became "Other". I'll see if it still happens, and yes, I'm the guy that was reporting Arabic :).
Please remember to push the okay button in the settings when changing. Just changing the option will not take effect unless you push OK in the bottom right.

OK, now I remember - it's always been set to "Other", because if it's set to "United States", then AP expects me to use an "amazon.com" account, whereas I actually use an "amazon.ca" account. The ".com" assumption messes up everything, since I don't have US credit cards or a US address. I do have English set as my language of choice.

So when I temporarily set my "country" to US, AS still chose "Arabic(World)" to download the Expanse. In other words, that behavior hasn't changed.

If it helps with tracking down the "bug", for me this happens whether I'm downloading a single episode or an entire series, and the "wrong" language is actually checked and that's the same whether my country is OTHER or UNITED STATES.

Back