• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.3.2.2 Forgetting the Default Audio Language

SAF

Downloaded the 2 seasons of "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" TV Series on AP. The download default language for every Episode defaults to "Czech (Czech Republic)". I had to manually change the Audio Language for each episode to "English (United States)" before downloading. AS+ however, selected the correct English Subtitles for each Episode. My AS+ configuration under the general tab is set to English, region United States. The audio track also chances from "640kbs DD+ 5.1" to a lower stereo resolution for random Episodes after manually changing the audio language to English. For these Episodes, there is no higher resolution that can be manually selected in the pulldown tab.

I also checked the AP original series "Reacher" and it is doing the same language thing. However, "Sanford and Son" (which AS+ says it's available in SD only) has the correct download language selected
Logfile and Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2.astlog
    527.6 KB · Views: 0
  • AS 1.3.2.2 Screen.jpg
    AS 1.3.2.2 Screen.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 10
Hi SAF, can you check it now, mine absolutely defaults to English, it just so happens that Czech is the second language in the stream. I cannot replicate it, but I will bring up. Sorry about this. I already downloaded Reacher and its in English, I usually don't even look, but I will from now on I will look, I made the devs aware of your issue. lJack Ryan.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SAF
RF1. I tried "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" TV Series on AP again and the download default language for Episodes correctly defaults to English and 640kbs DD+ 5.1 on audio version 1.3.2.2. However, the PC that I reported the original behavior from is not the same one and I'm also on a different ISP as well! Weird.. :cautious:

When I get back to that location I'll retry and let you know.

Thanks for getting back to me.:dance:

Cheers!

RF1. I tried "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" TV Series on AP again and the download default language for Episodes correctly defaults to English and 640kbs DD+ 5.1 on audio version 1.3.2.2. However, the PC that I reported the original behavior from is not the same one and I'm also on a different ISP as well! Weird.. :cautious:

When I get back to that location I'll retry and let you know.

Thanks for getting back to me.:dance:

Cheers!
Well, I reported it to the developers, LOL, they will take a look, it cant hurt.;)

Thank you, Sir! The log will tell all..

RF1. Update. I tried to redownload the episodes of "Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan" TV Series on AP that didn't default to 640kbs DD+ 5.1 audio but instead defaulted to a lower res audio. I found out that there's no high res audio exists for certain episodes. That part of the problem still persists with some but not all of the episodes. Seems random. S01E03 is an example of low res..

I didn't attach another astlog because this should have been captured in the previous astlog.
Cheers

I had some downloads with the wrong language as well. Had to download again in English (also in the US) Upload Season1 Ep 1 was one. In the future I will try and keep track of which videos when this happens.

I used over 100 token trying replicate this, even with the same TV series. I cannot, but I will bring it up again.

This isn't a new problem with 1.3.2.2 - it's been happening for a while. What seems to be new(er) is that it's now happening on AP as well. I downloaded Reacher last night and every episode selected Czech as the default language.

It only happens on some series sometimes, so it's possible to not notice this problem, or to think it has been fixed, for some time. But it's still happening.

This isn't a new problem with 1.3.2.2 - it's been happening for a while. What seems to be new(er) is that it's now happening on AP as well. I downloaded Reacher last night and every episode selected Czech as the default language.

It only happens on some series sometimes, so it's possible to not notice this problem, or to think it has been fixed, for some time. But it's still happening.
Czech is the second language in the string, does this just happen with the queue or single downloads also.

Czech is the second language in the string, does this just happen with the queue or single downloads also.

In the language box I was seeing the languages were alphabetized, making Czech the first choice, and it seemed the program was always just picking the first choice. This was with single downloads.

I've also seen the behavior where English is selected, but sometimes it selects normal English, and sometimes Audio Description English (this is on N, I don't think I've seen AD English on AP). So I always use single downloads to make sure I get the correct language.

I would have to see a log file from that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would have to see a log file from that

Log attached, from the AP Reacher download I mentioned earlier. Also screenshots showing Czech as the first language, and my Settings showing the program set to the System/English language setting. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.2.2.astlog
    223.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AP.jpg
    AP.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 6
Log attached, from the AP Reacher download I mentioned earlier. Also screenshots showing Czech as the first language, and my Settings showing the program set to the System/English language setting. I hope this helps!
EDIT, I didn't look at the second screenshot before I posted, you are correct that's an error. I guess you are in the USA then right
I just looked its like that on mine also but it chooses English first.

Last edited:
Mine looks exactly like yours but when I try that very same film it chooses English, I just tried it again. Lets see if someone else can try it.

I guess you are in the USA then right

Yes, I'm in the USA, and not using an proxies on my downloads. If anyone else in the USA is seeing the same behavior, hopefully they can chime in as well.

I might try messing around with my language settings. Maybe specifically picking English over System/English will make some type of difference?

Yes, I'm in the USA, and not using an proxies on my downloads. If anyone else in the USA is seeing the same behavior, hopefully they can chime in as well.

I might try messing around with my language settings. Maybe specifically picking English over System/English will make some type of difference?
Thats what mine is set at.

Thats what mine is set at.
Mine as well. Please see the OP in this thread! I'll add some more to the mix. Most of the APV movies and TV Series that are 1080P for me have only 224 kbs stereo audio. But yet I'm seeing 640 kbs DD+ 5.1 for movies that are 960x520 video resolution. "Hang 'Em High" is a good example. Seems odd to me! :banghead:
Cheers

I tried changing around my language settings, including explicitly selecting "English (American English)" but I'm still seeing the same behavior on certain titles. That is, sometimes AS just picks the first language on the alphabetized list.

I will report it thank you very much for your feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back