• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.9.0 is a crap release

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'all hail to the developers no matter what' attitude of many respondents in this thread, and numerous other threads, merely presents a section of the Anystream customer-base as a collective of timid mice who will accept any compromise dished-out to them and then prostrate themselves in grateful supplication..

DRM is a constantly moving target and programs like this WILL by the nature of the evolving technology be broken occasionally. Understanding this and having patience for the developers as they strive to iron out the latest wrinkles doesn't mean one is a timid mouse. It means they're a well-adjusted, mature consumer with reasonable expectations.

It doesn't matter how much you pay: If you buy a program of this sort and think it's going to work as intended 100% of the time, you're kidding yourself.

DRM is a constantly moving target and programs like this WILL by the nature of the evolving technology be broken occasionally. Understanding this and having patience for the developers as they strive to iron out the latest wrinkles doesn't mean one is a timid mouse. It means they're a well-adjusted, mature consumer with reasonable expectations.

It doesn't matter how much you pay: If you buy a program of this sort and think it's going to work as intended 100% of the time, you're kidding yourself.
100% .. most people don't understand any of the DRM stuff, all they see is "Download Netflix/Amazon movies/tv shows and watch them anytime on any device" lol. Better to know what you're getting into before you make that jump.

Truer words were never spoken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

100% .. most people don't understand any of the DRM stuff, all they see is "Download Netflix/Amazon movies/tv shows and watch them anytime on any device" lol. Better to know what you're getting into before you make that jump.

If there's room for improvement, it might be in setting the expectations of the customer more realistically before the sale.

Still, the people who come into these forums with guns a-blazing and think that's going to make anything better are for the most part extremely silly.:ROFLMAO:

I don't doubt that.. but the abuse they sometimes gotta just take and not fire back in rage... just sayin'... glad it's not me.

It’s all part of the job, you can’t take anything personal here. I have been here quite a while and I’ve learned that there are all kinds of people. But I understand where you’re coming from lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I never understand why the providers always need to update there protection when its just going to be broken by like redfox etc. To me there just throwing money away.

I never understand why the providers always need to update there protection when its just going to be broken by like redfox etc. To me there just throwing money away.
It keeps the people they have to answer to happy/calm. It's always about $$$$$.

So is 1.2.9.0 a forced upgrade, i.e. does AnyStream actually let you to download using 1.2.8.4? I haven’t actually tried yet. If not, my earlier suggestion isn’t exactly helpful in this case.

The 'all hail to the developers no matter what' attitude of many respondents in this thread, and numerous other threads, merely presents a section of the Anystream customer-base as a collective of timid mice who will accept any compromise dished-out to them and then prostrate themselves in grateful supplication.
I'll bet you're a pussycat in real life. :ROFLMAO:

Then you should complain to the streaming services and tell Netflix and Co that it is a cheek on the part of the provider to make it so difficult for us:bowdown:

:ROFLMAO:
Why do I get the feeling that NOBODY here has told their content provider to shove it & end their billing. They made the undocumented system change. But, if they keep getting their money, they will continue to abuse us.

For the same reason why we have police departments.

Installed 1.2.9.0 in a new folder and also have 1.2.8.4 on the same machine.

I am now able to DL some films that I had tried to get on AP and failed. They were only available in SD and are quite classic. And I can obtain many HD offerings as well.

This is working just fine.

Thank you, RF for the progress!

Now for a steak and nice Rhone wine....

Honestly I think people wouldn't get as up set if AS had better customer support and or communication. Also, they had to know removing HD support was going to piss people off.

This is no headphone jack on an iPhone territory

Please feel free to rattle off the list of software companies you know of that give you support at all hours with an active strong community , actual employees and direct access to developers. The only times I know of where that is the case in today's world (outside of RedFox) is if it is something you pay through the arse for at an Enterprise level. That is my experience and opinion on it.

Doesn't inspire confidence when they have the wrong year for the last two release. Guess it's an easy mistake to make.

I don't understand why they couldn't have left Netflix working in 1080.

My TV is 4k and it does a good job of up-scaling 1080 but SD would look crappy. I'm going to go back to the previous version and wait until they get the HD working. I can't see anyone being happy with SD these days.

Also when I search for shows on Amazon most of the time the screen is gray and never has links! This is after waiting for 30 minutes, re-starting, etc.

upload_2022-1-7_23-28-56.png

upload_2022-1-7_23-30-8.png

Last edited:
On the main site the only version a new customer will see is the 1.2.9.0 and it will only be able to download in SD. I think there will be a lot of new people that won't realize your working to restore HD and might not buy it. You might want to have 1.2.9.0 as a beta and put the HD version back on the site for new customers?

Doesn't inspire confidence when they have the wrong year for the last two release. Guess it's an easy mistake to make.

My TV is 4k and it does a good job of up-scaling 1080 but SD would look crappy. I'm going to go back to the previous version and wait until they get the HD working. I can't see anyone being happy with SD these days.

Also when I search for shows on Amazon most of the time the screen is gray and never has links! This is after waiting for 30 minutes, re-starting, etc.

For your example of Hanna (the picture you attached). Maybe you have that earlier "45%" load issue. Try doing a search for Hanna, then hit the "Play Now" button. Should get a pop-up error box...close it and the screen and download button (green near the top) should load.

I assumed it might be due to difficulties detecting/predicting whether Netflix content will be affected by the post-2minute corruption problem. Reverting to SD for the time being does seem like a safer option. A toggle to allow attempting HD downloads would be nice in the future.

On the bright side, I've finally been able to get a few older, obscure documentaries from AP that had been inaccessible since early December. HD AP downloads would've been nice, but I'm happy to see some progress being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back