• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.2.3.0 64bit on Windows 7 64 bit question

Shoozleboy

I see in the update log that the 64 bit should work now on systems running Windows 7 - 64bit.

Should the 32 bit version be uninstalled prior to this update to 64 bit or no?

Will the 1.2.3.0 32 bit still work on Win7-64bit?

Thanks!

Please provide a reasonable answer why you are still on Win7.

Doesn't answer my question.

I have a ton of software set up that runs on Win7 and I'm not purchasing the Win10/11 versions. For what it's worth, I dual boot between Win7 Pro 64bit and Win10 Pro 64bit.

I tried a straight install of AS 64bit on Win7 64 bit and got the following log - AS 64bit errored out when I attempted to run it.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.3.0_Dump_20211026231608.astdmp
    6.9 MB · Views: 1

Will the 1.2.3.0 32 bit still work on Win7-64bit?

Thanks!

It's highly advisable to uninstall the 32bit version first ... for any software having both versions available.
I don't think, both versions will run in parallel.

Doesn't answer my question.

I have a ton of software set up that runs on Win7 and I'm not purchasing the Win10/11 versions.

@ Shoozleboy:
you are not alone
I have the same situations like you
I just uninstall version 1.2.2.4 beta 32-bit and install version 1.2.3.0 64-bit wokrs fine(like cartman0208 said)
But i not try 1.2.3.0 32-bit version
Hope can help

Because I continue to use my Win7 x64 Pro machine as 24/7 HTPC, running Windows Media Center. Supports (a) Ceton 6-tuners/cablecard for Spectrum cable, (b) Hauppauge Quad-HD 4-tuners for OTA/ATSC, and (c) four Linksys DMA2100 extenders/HDTV around the house. Runs with EPG123 for electronic program guide, supported by data service provided through Schedules Direct subscription, replacing MS's no-longer-existing Rovi-based EPG which replaced their no-longer-existing Zap2it-based EPG.

Best thing MS invented with Win7, no longer available with Win10/11. And now supported by EPG123 and Schedules Direct. Has saved me a fortune over renting cable company hardware and provided me with infinitely more enjoyable quality and performance reliability, not to mention recorded TV storage capacity.

Unrelated to Anystream, but to answer your question that's why I still have one Win7 desktop machine.

If it wasn't for security updates, I'd still be on Win 7 too as I just prefer the look and feel of it over Win 10 (I like colors and not everything in a bland "modern" UI).
This being said, I also have my HTPC on dual boot with 7/10 as there is no win 10 driver that does support the 3D mode of my Video Projector.

Don't judge people for their preferences

If it wasn't for security updates, I'd still be on Win 7 too as I just prefer the look and feel of it over Win 10 (I like colors and not everything in a bland "modern" UI).
This being said, I also have my HTPC on dual boot with 7/10 as there is no win 10 driver that does support the 3D mode of my Video Projector.

Don't judge people for their preferences

Open-Shell is your friend, Win7 start menu, lots of customizations. I have it on my work laptop and a customers IT guy asked if I was still running Win7 on his network. :ROFLMAO:

Open-Shell is your friend, Win7 start menu, lots of customizations. I have it on my work laptop and a customers IT guy asked if I was still running Win7 on his network. :ROFLMAO:

That's what I'm using on all my win 10 PC's/VM's and I love it :dance:

I think 10 can do it now too, but I also still use Display Fusion to have different backgrounds on my monitors.
There are still a few things I'd like to change permanently (e.g. rounded window edges, more 3D like system icons and most of all window transparency), but I guess I've gotten tired to redo my settings every time M$ decides to update and reset my add on's.

but I guess I've gotten tired to redo my settings every time M$ decides to update and reset my add on's.

HAHA! My wife (and most of my co-workers) have gotten used to my favorite saying on the Wednesdays after Patch Tuesdays - "Thanks Bill!" - because of all the things that get messed up.

I think 10 can do it now too, but I also still use Display Fusion to have different backgrounds on my monitors.
There are still a few things I'd like to change permanently (e.g. rounded window edges, more 3D like system icons and most of all window transparency), but I guess I've gotten tired to redo my settings every time M$ decides to update and reset my add on's.

Windows 11 has rounded window edges but probably has other changes you won't like. ;-)

Honestly, that's none of our business and irrelevant. If someone is running Win98, because they simply like the thing, up to them.

We're not forced to support win7, but we do, because a number of people refused to switch to Windows 10, for whatever reasons.

There is only one single, very weak reason why you may want to do that.
A fresh install of the 32bit version will go into the "Program Files (x86)" folder.
If you install the 64bit version over that, it will go into that directory as well, simply because we wanted to avoid the complications arising from parallel 32bit and 64bit installations.
If you uninstall and then install the 64bit version, it will go into the proper 64bit "Program Files" folder.

That's all. Has absolutely zero effect on the reality you live in. It's merely a matter of things ending up where they ought to be. But you won't feel the difference.

Back