• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

1.1.1.1 still freezing on d/loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron003

Hello,

I tried to new beta (1.1.1.1.) this morning after having (1.1.1.0) stop d/ling on an episode (@48%).

1.1.1.1 stopped d/ling on the same episode, but at a different point (@24%).

It appears it is the d/l that stops. AS is still responding and I can still create a log etc.

There are several logs for various versions of AS - including some for 1.1.0.0, which also had the same problem.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another issue is when there are two subtitle streams available, they are both checked to d/load - for example [english CC UK] and [english CC US].

1.0.9.1 was d/loading these as it should've - giving me two files. I was getting "episode_name_en.gb.srt" and "episode_name_en.us.srt" for example.

Both 1.1.1.0 and 1.1.1.1 do not d\load both and I end up with a single file with "episode_name_cc.en.srt" as an example.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.1.1_XF_s05e12.astlog
    275.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyStream_1.1.1.0_XF_s05e09.astlog
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.0.0_XF_s04E06.astlog
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.1.0.0_XF_s04e07.astlog
    298.6 KB · Views: 0
One thing I did notice...I was using AS for movies yesterday without any issues.

Came back to the XF's tvshow and i had several d/l's freeze. All the logs are for the same tvshow (not sure if this has any bearing)??

I just got a d/l halt with

Code:
... - [Error] [Pump:video:disney] Got an empty fragment from server

too.

Manually getting the file does result in a zero sized file, but kicking over to a different node gets a good file and completes the download. For me, it's more of a "hanging" problem, than not getting the file...

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.1.1.halt.astlog
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I just got a d/l halt with

Code:
... - [Error] [Pump:video:disney] Got an empty fragment from server

too.

Manually getting the file does result in a zero sized file, but kicking over to a different node gets a good file and completes the download. For me, it's more of a "hanging" problem, than not getting the file...

Is that the windows log you are getting those readings from? Where do I find that? Thx

I've had a stall with an epi on prime, recalling that many moons ago changing speed made a difference, tried that, still no cigar. Incidentally, can we have slightly more verbose logging for prime, currently once the download starts there's no way to tell if there's a stall or something is happening other than by watching the nic graph or by passage of time?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.1.1.stall.multispeed.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
@Prospere, it might not actually be a stall, but more of a brownout (for lack of a better word). Just had two episodes that looked like a stall, on the first one the download looked like it stalled, and I was right up against the token bucket limit, so let it sit and simmer there while I went and made coffee... When I got back, the download seemed to recover... Then a stall seemed to happen with the second one, and just as an experiment I let it simmer again, and it recovered, just took (at least) twice as long for both to get pulled through than the ones that don't "stall"...

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.1.1.brownout.astlog
    887.7 KB · Views: 1
@Prospere, it might not actually be a stall, but more of a brownout (for lack of a better word). Just had two episodes that looked like a stall, on the first one the download looked like it stalled, and I was right up against the token bucket limit, so let it sit and simmer there while I went and made coffee... When I got back, the download seemed to recover... Then a stall seemed to happen with the second one, and just as an experiment I let it simmer again, and it recovered, just took (at least) twice as long for both to get pulled through than the ones that don't "stall"...

I second that - Just thought AS crashed as it wasn't responding after it was done with the post processing, however it came back after a min or so saying completed.
Sorry, not hijacking this thread, but I also noticed that when downloading Shows from Prime AS does not go back to the episode download list any longer. You have to open it again by selecting "Downloadable Videos" for the next episode within the season.

Prime video never had the episode popup, it's z limitation of the browser based design for which there currently is no solution.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Prime video never had the episode popup, it's z limitation of the browser based design for which there currently is no solution.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I thought it had but didn't want to go back to the previous version to test - Thanks for clarifying Ch3vr0n

@0x0x0x0x0 I do not see any anomaly in the log. Perhaps a slow server response, but we have no control over that.

@0x0x0x0x0 I do not see any anomaly in the log. Perhaps a slow server response, but we have no control over that.

That never happened with 1.0.9.1, something must be going on underneath, maybe throttling scheduler interfering in a weird way. The longest drop-out (down to <340kbps on the wire overall) I had was in excess of 10 minutes, I doubt that sort of delay would be tolerable for content delivery in a CDN. And the change in behaviour is observed not just by me: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/as-1-1-1-0-slowness.80877/ Something somewhere is doing something, as the saying goes ;)

@Prospere I've hooked process explorer and process monitor to AS (as I'm getting the "brownouts" with a d/l now), and it seems the time when the brownout occurs AS is left with a single cdn connection that trickles at 56k-modem rates. Eventually (in the present case several minutes later) two additional cdn connections are created to the same cdn addresses (cf. names) as the trickling one and the rate jumps back up...

PS: at the start, there are four connections to the same CDN IPs.
PPS: this is on prime.

Last edited:
We cannot know for sure what would and what would not be tolerable for their CDN servers. Especially taking into account the fact that CDNs may be switched on the fly by Amazon/Netflix players (functionality that is on my list, but has not yet been implemented in AnyStream).

The amount of connections (or occurrence thereof) to a single CDN server may not be used for measuring the speed or, let's put it differently, this would not provide you with exact results. However, the speed of any given connection is dictated by that specific CDN alone. AnyStream does not limit the speed in any way. The download rate (the one configurable in the Settings dialog) is implemented differently.

For what I see - certain titles are downloaded faster, others at a slower speed. The rate of a direct download (using the URL and a browser) is always consistent with what I see in AnyStream. Trust me, there's no bug that causes this, except, perhaps, the currently existing inability to switch CDN on the fly.

On the first title I downloaded (Amazon Prime) since the forced upgrade, it is repeatedly stalling. Never had this before. The title is 50 minutes long, so far 50 minutes elapsed and estimated time left is 46 minutes. I want to emphasise this never happened before. I am on a very fast connection here. I'm just watching in the browser the next episode in the series simultaneously with the anystream downloading, in the browser it's perfect. Sorry Prospere something's not right.

On the first title I downloaded (Amazon Prime) since the forced upgrade, it is repeatedly stalling. Never had this before. The title is 50 minutes long, so far 50 minutes elapsed and estimated time left is 46 minutes. I want to emphasise this never happened before. I am on a very fast connection here. I'm just watching in the browser the next episode in the series simultaneously with the anystream downloading, in the browser it's perfect. Sorry Prospere something's not right.

Not that it solves or identifies the root issue but I have had this once however it was prior to the current version. Closing/reopening AS did not solve it but rebooting my PC did.

Not that it solves or identifies the root issue but I have had this once however it was prior to the current version. Closing/reopening AS did not solve it but rebooting my PC did.
Some titles from different providers take a longer or shorter time, I chalked it up to the resolution and length of the movie or episode, they all are successful downloads.

Some titles from different providers take a longer or shorter time, I chalked it up to the resolution and length of the movie or episode, they all are successful downloads.

Sorry I should have been more clear. In my case I was having multiple titles from different providers hang at different spots. Once they hung they did not progress. And as mentioned a reboot solved it as I was able to go back and pull down the hung titles no problem after that. That is probably not the same issue mentioned here but I just wanted to introduce the idea that a reboot might be worth a try as it helped me previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back