• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD (4K-HDR)

Just finish testing playback from shield to Sony & the test file triggers HDR on Sony playback on nvidia shield kodi app as would the life off pie HDR test clip.

@imhh1
With your configurations, all content are in HDR. Because HDR Widows Switch is enable. It's true?
HDR mode don't turn on automatically when you play an HDR file. With your configurations, if you play a non HDR videos,your TV recognize an HDR content.

@imhh1
With your configurations, all content are in HDR. Because HDR Widows Switch is enable. It's true?
HDR mode don't turn on automatically when you play an HDR file. With your configurations, if you play a non HDR videos,your TV recognize an HDR content.
yes this is correct, the hdr slider must be on to play HDR correctly and off for SDR content.

Madshi ( the author of madVR) said he will had an auto switch to hdr/sdr eventually. For now we have to manually activate HDR.

*Also the latest version of madVR now fully support hdr metadata passthrough.
Capture.PNG

ok, thanks. but i have setup to use nVidia's API. Why you use Windows 10 API?

@imhh1
I'm sure in Windows registry is the key dword value to control that slider. Could be useful with a front end GUI with kodi to simply add it and load the reg file as hidden so no prompts come up to switch HDR automatically is HDR is detected in the metadata. Then after you exit have it switch off upon exit. I'll have to find the HDR dword value in Windows 10 registry

If it's 1080p then it aint HDR, plain and simple. Just because you're using the color scheme and codec mandated by UHD doesn't mean it's UHD. Resoltion isn't UHD, thus the file isn't uhd.

If it's 1080p then it aint HDR, plain and simple. Just because you're using the color scheme and codec mandated by UHD doesn't mean it's UHD. Resolution isn't UHD, thus the file isn't uhd.
1080p hdr is coming to tvs in the future! I know this sounds funny but most older tvs can enable hdr with 1080p. Reason 1080p is due to hdmi 1.4 bandwith.

If it's 1080p then it aint HDR, plain and simple. Just because you're using the color scheme and codec mandated by UHD doesn't mean it's UHD. Resoltion isn't UHD, thus the file isn't uhd.
Actually i can play Resident evil 7 in 1080p HDR.
So 1080p hdr is possible YES.

Of course it isn't UHD, but Full-HD. But why not Full-HD with BT2020 colors and HDR? I bet "the best media player in the world (tm)" (Nvidia Shield with Kodi) will play it upscaled to UHD without problems.

Yes & yes!!!
And it becomes UHD on my bd player & at 60fps
Upscaled UHD 4K
That was 1080p
Actual watching now

Last edited:
Now this is something I would use with my htpc. But lets see how this plays out....

IMG_9481.JPG
Yes & yes!!!
Yes & yes!!!
Upscaled UHD 4K
That's was 1080p
Actual watching now
same on the shield.
Test file 800mib of MR j wick. Spinz tv kodi shield
HDR tested HDR switching works like a charm
U can also trick the Sony tv to apply vivid over the HDR playing file.

Last edited:
Yes & yes!!!
Upscaled UHD 4K
That's was 1080p
Actual watching now
Tes
if your orignal Capture is from the 4K .but in 1080p simple along with the HDR .

U Canot apply UHD HDR color scheme to regular captured footage or regular bd movie,
Well u can but I'll let The General tell it.

''This update will allow u to capture true 5.1hd & db atmos 7.1 from your embedded hdmi source.
IMG_9539.JPG

yes this is correct, the hdr slider must be on to play HDR correctly and off for SDR content.

Madshi ( the author of madVR) said he will had an auto switch to hdr/sdr eventually. For now we have to manually activate HDR.

*Also the latest version of madVR now fully support hdr metadata passthrough.
View attachment 33471
I'm surprised no one has coded a function for kodi to switch hdr tab then launch the file. It cant be that hard.

I'm surprised no one has coded a function for kodi to switch hdr tab then launch the file. It cant be that hard.
Get to work. :sneaky: Just kidding. Anyway, it will get done as soon as someone wants such a feature.

Back