• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD (4K-HDR)

@general1 I would be grateful for your advice as to how I locate and activate HDR in Windows 10 version 1703. Thanking you in anticipation.
You need a graphics card that can do HDR. If you have on update Windows creator update then right click on desktop and select display properties then advanced display options then set HDR tab to on. In HDMI set it to 422 or 420 color and the HDR will work. Your screen will go dim and your LCD TV if HDR compatible will switch to HDR. Load HDR material that has HDR metadata in it in Windows Media movie player and you will see the correct HDR and colors and saturation and contrast.

You can also use madvr HDR with nvidia or my mpc custom presenter with color options if your UHD material is missing metadata and need HDR with AMD Rx cards with GPU acceleration.

I new they stuck fingerprint code in video. I read this online when researching the UHD news about rips circling the net. I'm sure they can track your IP as well. Anyone doing this should be careful. I'm sure my UHD player would call out too like the TV. I've also heard they the DRM guys can blacklist your UHD hardware player so be careful testing your backups. Watch out for powerdvd 17 as well . Mpc is the only safe option for UHD. Wonder if Microsoft movie medai player detects the fingerprint. Microsoft is in bed with Intel so I would not pass it by them.
Is it really that big of a problem though? I would assume that if you rip the disk, the tracking that you are referring to would be stripped.

Some might want to steam UHD to other devices.....not sure how this will work out
Is it really that big of a problem though? I would assume that if you rip the disk, the tracking that you are referring to would be stripped.
Not necessarily.
We rip discs with Cinavia and that remains intact.
Why not some DRM fingerprint ?

IMG_9434.JPG IMG_9432.JPG IMG_9433.JPG IMG_9432.JPG We have HDR switching
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U cant see this properly
But u Canot select the HDR or auto picture
Once HDR kicks in from your file!!!
And it kicks in automatically
Quality better than a bluray running on 1080p-lg & looking at the pictures from my phone its not flat or no longer flat as may have been lead to believe, at least not on a 1080p or in the file proper UHD structure

IMG_9433.JPGIMG_9432.JPG

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
There is a way to strip cinavia from raw audio.
And I didn't say touch the audio.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
I suppose that's true, but the reason that Cinavia remains intact is because it requires modifying the audio. Presumably, anything that James could possibly do to crack AACS2.0 would remove the fingerprint unless doing so would harm the resulting rip. Obviously we won't know until James pushes it out. Keep watching the beta AnyDVD releases. It'll happen. I've got a good feeling about it. :dance:

Edit: It looks like @Jeff R 1 beat me to the Cinavia thing.

I suppose that's true, but the reason that Cinavia remains intact is because it requires modifying the audio. Presumably, anything that James could possibly do to crack AACS2.0 would remove the fingerprint unless doing so would harm the resulting rip. Obviously we won't know until James pushes it out. Keep watching the beta AnyDVD releases. It'll happen. I've got a good feeling about it. :dance:

Edit: It looks like @Jeff R 1 beat me to the Cinavia thing.
:banghead:
o_OPlus developing a ripping tool that preserves HDR is going to take some serious coding I assume.
But u don't need to preserve something u can add back!

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
The fingerprint should go away now bc it plays like an official file ill test that too..;)
And away it went!!!!! I was correct!
All banding is now gone with the correct color matrix.

Last edited:
You can also use madvr HDR with nvidia or my mpc custom presenter with color options if your UHD material is missing metadata and need HDR with AMD Rx cards with GPU acceleration.
Thanks General1

Time for a tutorial for those who may be interested which probelly be far & few In between.
The 2 steps after capturing will also come in handy
WHEN red fox finally does their thing.
Bc I don't think many of us want a 65gig ISO's.
& it's not 20hour process ofcourse that depends on your system.

Time for a tutorial for those who may be interested which probelly be far & few In between.
If you want I can do a video tutorial for HDR capture using non copywrite material which will basically be used for any and show how to do this. Seem to be handy with how to videos.....

What I would do is take raw capture and encode it with rxgpu h265 hevc and add 7.1. Good with files ....

& it's not 20hour process ofcourse that depends on your system.
If you want I can do a video tutorial for HDR capture using non copywrite material which will basically be used for any and show how to do this. Seem to be handy with how to videos.....
I wouldn't mind that from either one of you. :)

View attachment 33426 View attachment 33420 View attachment 33424 View attachment 33420 We have HDR switching
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U cant see this properly
But u Canot select the HDR or auto picture
Once HDR kicks in from your file!!!
And it kicks in automatically
Quality better than a bluray running on 1080p-lg

View attachment 33424View attachment 33420
Tom cruise and that flying ball movie. Forgot the name of that one but have in in my movie collection. Got Morgan freeman in there too.

I think Hollywood is reading this post and thinking time for another version of hdcp lol.....

Picked up HDR:

Fantastic beasts
John wick
Magnificent 7
Deep water horizon
Lone survivor
Revenant

Most movies on sale 19.99

I'll give blurays to my daughter.......

Back