• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Warner goes Blu-ray exclusive

Oh well, I'll just console myself and go watch my latest HD-DVD purchase: Pan's Labyrinth (the Blu-ray release is inferior with no web-enabled content).

i dunno, i really enjoyed this, was a stunning transfer (bluray), that captain has to be one of the most horrible characters in a long time

as far as extras and web stuff, not a biggie here...

I don't even have my HDTV yet, but will be getting one after tax return, but already purchased AnyDVD-HD and a Xbox360 drive awhile ago. I always follow along in these forums to keep up to date on whats the latest with the HD stuff.

I know Slysoft will take care of BD+ and it will take time to do so, but man would it be a perfect time to release a crack and put Blu-Ray and it's "un-Breakable" protection back where it belongs...in the rubbish. :bowdown:

I am glad that no matter who "wins", there is always a loser for every winner. I like some others own both formats. This is where I spend my extra money, it's all entertainment. Just like the banter going on here.

For me, this was well timed prior to the beginning of the CES in Las Vegas. I will be curious to see how the HD DVD supporters scramble just as the show is set to begin. And on the flip side, who the Blu-Ray camp will be blowing there own horn.

To me, there is still much to be decided. This is only one battle in the war. Toshiba, Microsoft and all the companies that have sunk millions into this technology will not just fold up and go away. I do believe there is much more to come and many more battles to be fought before any one side will waive the white flag.

IMHO!

Cheers

i dunno, i really enjoyed this, was a stunning transfer (bluray), that captain has to be one of the most horrible characters in a long time

as far as extras and web stuff, not a biggie here...

The transfer, audio, everything is exactly the same--except the HD-DVD version offers web enabled content.

It's a sad day for the customers! It doesn't matter if you prefer BD or HD - the competition is what makes each party giving the best they could. Without competition there's at least a lot less motivation.

I'm a big HD DVD supporter and this does not sound like a good thing. I hate to say it, but I believe having HD DVD hacked probably is enough to push a studio over. They are paranoid about perceived losses from piracy. I don't think they understand that most people wouldn't have purchased 98% the stuff they pirated anyway.

In some ways one format is a good thing. Instead of having to deal with keeping two formats running, SlySoft will be able to focus on one. Further, it may encourage more players to enter the decryption market. It comes down to economics. If there is enough money to be made (legally or illegally) copy protection will be broken.

As for the uninformed people that keep asking for a date... This isn't like building a house. There are no plans. It's trial and error. It would be like asking the Wright brothers, "How long before that plane flies?" Further, there are people intentionally trying to keep it on the ground. :)

well...I am glad I only paid $99 for my Toshiba A-3....for me I have no real interest in HD yet....and I think the studios see that most people (the general public that is) are not interested.....yet. So what not go with the most secure source? I think that is behind it.

I am disappointed, but not surprised.

NOW is the perfect time for Slysoft to implement the BD+ crack if they actually have it (I tend to doubt it lately). They now get more money for AnyDVD HD and after HD DVD is probably finished now they can hit BDA where it really hurts and maybe give HD-DVD a last push. They need it.

It is delayed, but it is coming.

As for the uninformed people that keep asking for a date... This isn't like building a house. There are no plans. It's trial and error. It would be like asking the Wright brothers, "How long before that plane flies?" Further, there are people intentionally trying to keep it on the ground. :)

Amen to that. :)

The only problem some of you have with bluray is the forced aacs and region coding.
No those aren't the only problems. Bluray doesn't have a protective layer of plastic over the data layer, all they do is spray on a "hard coat" which is so thin that if your disc was ever to become scratched your data layer would be permanently damaged. Furthermore, BD has lower specs for their players, discs take longer to load, etc. There are many reasons why HD-DVD is a better format.
So to say anything more than "we're working on it" would be to do a great disservice to them and their customers.
Look, Slysoft has a choice to announce expected release dates, to give updates on progress - as do their individual developers (in accordance with any relevant company policy/agreements); so it's not like they shouldn't be giving release dates - or that they should. It's their decision to make. It doesn't affect me I don't own BD, I just like to follow the progress as an observer here; but those who it does effect have the right to express their feelings on whether they should be provided more in the way of product updates.

With this said, you are also welcome to your opinion that Slysoft shouldn't announce release dates.
They obviously have no interest in giving a release date on this particular addition to AnyDVD HD.
Actually, they have interests in making that decision; and as already mentioned by no means does Slysoft seem to consistently employ the policy of not announcing release dates.
You can ask and whine all you want, but, it's not going to change anything. They have chosen to remain silent on this issue. In the end, none of this speculation, arguing, and whining is going to make one bit of difference. It's not going to get anyone to release a product faster. It's going to have ZERO affect on anything substantial.
And who are you to make these claims? Slysoft may well decide to give more in-depth updates on the progress of their BD+ crack if there's demand for it. Supply and demand. You can't say it won't affect their decisions as you are not in a position to know that.

Last edited:
Look, Slysoft has a choice to announce expected release dates, to give updates on progress - as do their individual developers (in accordance with any relevant company policy/agreements); so it's not like they shouldn't be giving release dates - or that they should. It's their decision to make. It doesn't affect me I don't own BD, I just like to follow the progress as an observer here; but those who it does effect have the right to express their feelings on whether they should be provided more in the way of product updates.

With this said, you are also welcome to your opinion that Slysoft shouldn't announce release dates.

What's the point of giving an artificial date and then not making it? When cracking an encryption there's no possible way to know how long it's going to take. See their answer....it's coming but delayed. That still doesn't give a firm day, only what we already knew...that they're working on it. Anyone can express any opinion they want. I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Actually, they have interests in making that decision; and as already mentioned by no means does Slysoft seem to consistently employ the policy of not announcing release dates.

The problem with announcing a release date prematurely, as would be the case for a BD+ crack that hasn't been developed yet, is that customers are then going to hold you to it. And they'll crucify you when you miss it. So unless you are REASONABLY sure that you can meet a release date, then don't give one. I believe that's what they're doing in this case, is it not?

And who are you to make these claims? Slysoft may well decide to give more in-depth updates on the progress of their BD+ crack if there's demand for it. Supply and demand. You can't say it won't affect their decisions as you are not in a position to know that.

Who am I to make those claims? Um, someone with eyes and a brain?? Do you REALLY think whining and REPEATEDLY asking for a date will really change the fact that it's not finished yet? By asking over and over will that somehow make the process of developing one go faster? Give me a break.

Wow, I didn't expect this. This is indeed a death stroke for HD DVD.

The pull of Disney is stronger than you might imagine. What the hell does Disney have to do with this? A lot, I think. If HD DVD had Disney I don't think things would be swaying in this direction. I still think Paramount's kicking themselves now. And God knows what Universal's going to do now. But I really do think that Disney being Blu-ray exclusive has really helped the format more than Sony will ever acknowledge.

The pull of Disney is stronger than you might imagine. What the hell does Disney have to do with this? A lot, I think. If HD DVD had Disney I don't think things would be swaying in this direction. I still think Paramount's kicking themselves now. And God knows what Universal's going to do now. But I really do think that Disney being Blu-ray exclusive has really helped the format more than Sony will ever acknowledge.

Let's not forget FOX Studios too. :D I really expect BD to prevail by the looks of it.

Let's not forget FOX Studios too. :D I really expect BD to prevail by the looks of it.

Certainly FOX being on Blu-ray is also helping the cause, but, it's not like they've released their top titles on the format yet. Neither has Disney for that matter, I suppose, but, with both studios backing Blu-ray, there is an expectation that both will release their top titles on the format at some point in the near future. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Finding Nimo, Aladdin, etc, etc, etc. That's a pretty big enticement to those with kids as to which format to choose. And for the parents, as well, who want things like Predator(GRIN), Aliens, ID4, and all the other Fox titles. Add Sony in the mix(cough cough) and you have a compelling format with titles. HD DVD has some good titles to be sure, but, nowhere's near the draw of Blu-ray.

Certainly FOX being on Blu-ray is also helping the cause, but, it's not like they've released their top titles on the format yet. Neither has Disney for that matter, I suppose, but, with both studios backing Blu-ray, there is an expectation that both will release their top titles on the format at some point in the near future. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Toy Story, Finding Nimo, Aladdin, etc, etc, etc. That's a pretty big enticement to those with kids as to which format to choose. And for the parents, as well, who want things like Predator(GRIN), Aliens, ID4, and all the other Fox titles. Add Sony in the mix(cough cough) and you have a compelling format with titles. HD DVD has some good titles to be sure, but, nowhere's near the draw of Blu-ray.

Very true I personally want the war over so I can just go out and get what's needed.

Very true I personally want the war over so I can just go out and get what's needed.

I think that's become the prevailing attitude of both consumers and finally now studios. Everyone's about had enough. I TRULY thought we'd hold out until combo players became cheap enough but I don't see that happening now. If Universal turns, it's over. Paramount will then have to decide what to do and it won't be pretty.

What's the point of giving an artificial date and then not making it? When cracking an encryption there's no possible way to know how long it's going to take. See their answer....it's coming but delayed.
Exactly. Delayed - which would suggest they did have an expected release date in mind. You don't say something is delayed unless it's "late".
So unless you are REASONABLY sure that you can meet a release date, then don't give one. I believe that's what they're doing in this case, is it not?
I don't know Slysoft's policy on announcing release dates, but it may be compatible with that.
The problem with announcing a release date prematurely, as would be the case for a BD+ crack that hasn't been developed yet, is that customers are then going to hold you to it. And they'll crucify you when you miss it.
That's your opinion. Some customers may react like that, sure, others may react differently and I wouldn't be prepared to "guess" where the majority may lie.
Who am I to make those claims? Um, someone with eyes and a brain?? Do you REALLY think whining and REPEATEDLY asking for a date will really change the fact that it's not finished yet? By asking over and over will that somehow make the process of developing one go faster? Give me a break.
As I said, supply and demand. If enough people ask for a release date then the Slysoft team may say "well, who thinks we should announce a release date at this point? here are the pro's, here are the con's, let's take a vote". You seem to suggest that what the customer-base at the forums ask for won't be considered. You don't speak for slysoft, and yet your posts make it sound like you do.

As for the news, yes I think at this stage I would be prepared to say that BluRay is ahead in the war, and is looking to be the victor.

Back