• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Sad news for Cyberlink's PowerDVD users.

Interesting. PowerDVD 23 has just been released, and I was offered an upgrade for 50 dollars. This time, Cyberlink explicitly stated that PowerDVD 23 will play 4K Blu-Rays, in the features list. Actually, they claim that version 23 will play up to 8K video.

I know that Intel users complained a lot about SGX deprecation and lack of Intel CPUs support to Cyberlink. Perhaps these people were never aware of AnyDVD HD, and what they can do to end this suffering.

I got suckered by the same false advertising. I tried PowerDVD 23. It will NOT play 4K blu-rays, not even unencrypted ones.

Always remember to scan all downloads with the latest anti-virus scanner, not responsible for any changes or damages to your machine, etc.

Now, saying all of that, once your machine is cleared and good to go, unless someone on here with more technical knowledge says otherwise, don't ever update your version of PowerDVD after this.
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. The file is digitally signed by Cyberlink - so no risk at all.

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. The file is digitally signed by Cyberlink - so no risk at all.
Glad to help.

:)

A good Forum member was the one that uploaded the file to that website, @SamuriHL.

Please make sure to personally thank him the very next time he posts anything anywhere on this Forum.

I simply copied and pasted the weblink into this Forum thread so that you could download the file into your machine for you to use.

Glad to help.

A good Forum member was the one that uploaded the file to that website, @SamuriHL.

Please make sure to personally thank him the very next time he posts anything anywhere on this Forum.

I simply copied and pasted the weblink into this Forum thread so that you could download the file into your machine for you to use.

There might be even a newer patch with Ultra 4K Blu-Ray functionality - build 22.0.3403.62

If I will get it, I will upload it and post the link.

Or does anybody have it already?

There might be even a newer patch with Ultra 4K Blu-Ray functionality - build 22.0.3403.62

If I will get it, I will upload it and post the link.

Or does anybody have it already?
According to the official Cyberlink website, the latest build for PowerDVD 22 Ultra is 3526, which came out on Monday the 22nd, and not version 3403 as of right now.

Please check to make sure that it came from official the Cyberlink website.

An additional note for those that have purchased PowerDVD 22, and don't want to inadvertently download patch 3526 and above which will remove any and all 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV playback, please check out the image that I've posted below to show how to not get the update installed on your PC/laptop by accident (note that you have to go into player settings in PowerDVD):

Change PowerDVD 22 settings 1-27-2024.jpg

Uncheck that, and you'll never have to worry about losing your ability to playback any 4K Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV.

An additional note for those that have purchased PowerDVD 22, and don't want to inadvertently download patch 3526 and above which will remove any and all 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV playback, please check out the image that I've posted below to show how to not get the update installed on your PC/laptop by accident (note that you have to go into player settings in PowerDVD):

View attachment 77202

Uncheck that, and you'll never have to worry about losing your ability to playback any 4K Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder/MKV.
Thank you very much for the tip. It never occurred to me that I ha this option in the settings. I removed the check update option just now. Perhaps it will stop asking me to update it every time I start the application.

Thank you very much for the tip. It never occurred to me that I ha this option in the settings. I removed the check update option just now. Perhaps it will stop asking me to update it every time I start the application.
You're welcome.

I'm glad to help out in this situation.

According to the official Cyberlink website, the latest build for PowerDVD 22 Ultra is 3526, which came out on Monday the 22nd, and not version 3403 as of right now.

Please check to make sure that it came from official the Cyberlink website.
Yes, build 3526 is the latest patch and the first without 4K UHD support.

The question is, if there was a patch with build number 3403 and with 4K UHD support released in October 2023?

Quite frankly, I don't know why Cyberlink is so keen in removing users from the right to watch a 4K Blu-Ray, unless they have to pay for the rights to do so. PowerDVD is a nice player, with proper disc playback, why spoil it?

I am always looking for software updates and improvements, but in this case it will do more harm than good!

Quite frankly, I don't know why Cyberlink is so keen in removing users from the right to watch a 4K Blu-Ray, unless they have to pay for the rights to do so. PowerDVD is a nice player, with proper disc playback, why spoil it?

I am always looking for software updates and improvements, but in this case it will do more harm than good!
Blame the contract Cyberlink has with the AACS LA.

Their contract forced Cyberlink to first have all versions of PowerDVD check for Cinavia since PowerDVD 11, and now, their contract forced them to remove playback ability for 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders because Intel stopped production of the computer chips that allowed all Blu-ray discs to be encrypted via the AACS method unless you had a licensed software player such as PowerDVD.

Cyberlink really doesn't care for the consumer; they only care for the coin that they get from the AACS LA.

Their contract forced Cyberlink to first have all versions of PowerDVD check for Cinavia since PowerDVD 11, and now, their contract forced them to remove playback ability for 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders because Intel stopped production of the computer chips that allowed all Blu-ray discs to be encrypted via the AACS method unless you had a licensed software player such as PowerDVD.

Cyberlink really doesn't care for the consumer; they only care for the coin that they get from the AACS LA.
nowadays it's about money for almost everyone when big companies are waving money almost everyone is bought by an honest person they don't care after that it's sad we humans are now just slaves and money machines for most companies :(

AACSLA have always been just lousy thieves and they call us pirates we are honest buyers and love the digital content of the physical box if there is anyone from AACSLA here you are just evil thieves we have always bought DVDs and BLURAYs we just want deposits of our money and you are complicating our life :( that you have no shame, we are honest movie lovers and you are taking away our right to play them and give ourselves a bonus from the likes of AACSLA for nothing :(

nowadays it's about money for almost everyone when big companies are waving money almost everyone is bought by an honest person they don't care after that it's sad we humans are now just slaves and money machines for most companies :(
Don't worry, @Lukas. After what I told you elsewhere you're still going to be able to watch 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/whatever with your copy of PowerDVD.

Simply lock down your copy of PowerDVD so that your version won't go online for any 'update' i.e. downgrade, and you'll be fine.

Don't worry, @Lukas. After what I told you elsewhere you're still going to be able to watch 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/whatever with your copy of PowerDVD.

Simply lock down your copy of PowerDVD so that your version won't go online for any 'update' i.e. downgrade, and you'll be fine.
I know, it's just a matter of principle, I don't like it when someone robs someone :( times are bad and those who should help us are doing more evil :(

AACSLA have always been just lousy thieves and they call us pirates we are honest buyers and love the digital content of the physical box if there is anyone from AACSLA here you are just evil thieves we have always bought DVDs and BLURAYs we just want deposits of our money and you are complicating our life :( that you have no shame, we are honest movie lovers and you are taking away our right to play them and give ourselves a bonus from the likes of AACSLA for nothing :(
Speaking to the choir here though, @Lukas.

(y) :)

Like I said earlier, simply lock down your copy of PowerDVD 20/22 (If you decide to upgrade) and you'll be fine.

Any patch after September of last year you don't want on your machine anyway.

And besides, the last good patch for PowerDVD 22 Ultra is on media fire, which I've posted already, and is on this page, but I'm posting again right below:

Make sure whether you're using PowerDVD 20 Ultra or PowerDVD 22 Ultra that you lock down your copy of it so that you'll get any 'upgrade' from Cyberlink that'll break your right and ability to play 4K UHD Blu-rays.

I know, it's just a matter of principle, I don't like it when someone robs someone :( times are bad and those who should help us are doing more evil :(
I agree, but cases like this mean we have to make sure that our rights aren't trampled on like it has been in the recent decision by Cyberlink.

Once you've locked your copy of PowerDVD down, when you turn on it again with a 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/etc., give Cyberlink a symbolic middle finger while you're enjoying watching whatever you want.

🤣

I agree, but cases like this mean we have to make sure that our rights aren't trampled on like it has been in the recent decision by Cyberlink.

Once you've locked your copy of PowerDVD down, when you turn on it again with a 4K UHD Blu-ray disc/etc., give Cyberlink a symbolic middle finger while you're enjoying watching whatever you want.

🤣
however, I will also show that I will not buy anything from them again and I hope that many will do the same

There's no reason to buy any further versions. Keep the one that allows you to play UHD's and call it a day.

Back