• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Sad news for Cyberlink's PowerDVD users.

This is not true for PowerDVD 23.
I'm using AnyDVD to decrypt the disc, but PowerDVD 23 would not play it, complaining that "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive F:"

Nor did I say it was. I've repeatedly told people NOT to buy PowerDVD 23 and to NOT update PowerDVD 22 if they have UHD working. As has been mentioned, Cyberlink decided to remove ALL support for UHD discs, protected or not. Idiots. As you can likely tell, I'm not amused with them.

yes but the discussion was that this was just the ability to decrypt the uhd that has been removed, not the ability to play it.
At least for PowerDVD 22.
Now for PowerDVD 23, the ability to play decrypted UHD has been removed, too. I think it is worth mentioning it

Cyberlink removed UHD support completely in PowerDVD 22, as well. This is why they've pissed me off.

For me PowerDVD 19 (the last one with 3D support) is "it". :)
True.

That's the only reason why I still use it, and it actually works on my Win 11 Pro laptop.

The only good thing about Cyberlink is that their programs are top notch -- usually.

Is CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra ->22.0.3214.62<- the last version that can play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs?

Is CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra ->22.0.3214.62<- the last version that can play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders/MKVs?
Yes and No.

From version 3526 (dated January 22, 2024) onwards, the ability to play any and all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders have been officially removed by Cyberlink.

You'll still be able to playback via PowerDVD 22 Ultra any and all 4K UHD MKVs without any issue though.

Yes and No.

From version 3526 (dated January 22, 2024) onwards, the ability to play any and all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders have been officially removed by Cyberlink.

You'll still be able to playback via PowerDVD 22 Ultra any and all 4K UHD MKVs without any issue though.
Really, why the WOW and somewhat cryptic answer?
Please, what is the last version of Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra that will play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders?

Edit: My CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 22.0.3214.62 version works fine, fuggetaboutit...

the-sopranos.gifand-now-for-something-completely-different.gif

Last edited:
Really, why the WOW and somewhat cryptic answer?
Please, what is the last version of Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra that will play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders?

Edit: My CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra 22.0.3214.62 version works fine, fuggetaboutit...

View attachment 78419View attachment 78420
I'm glad that you found out what I meant in my reply to you.

I wasn't trying to be cryptic or anything of that sort.

I put the blame squarely where it belongs: Cyberlink for removing the ability to playback 4K UHD Blu-ray in those forms listed above, especially after you bought the program from them!

Now, PowerDVD 23 Ultra onwards will never have the capability to play any 4K UHD Blu-ray format, but since you have the last version of PowerDVD that does, never update your copy of PowerDVD 22 Ultra.

You can turn off the update settings in PowerDVD so that you'll never get a notice of a new update. Any future updates as it pertains to PowerDVD 22 Ultra will remove the 4K UHD Blu-ray playback capabilities for your system.

Guys whats the alternative to powerdvd to play 4K ISO's? i have just reimaged my PC and now im stuck with an early version of powerdvd 22 and cant even update to a newer one as i cant get hold of the patches before the removal. hmm im wondering moving forward to convert everything into mkv files now. fed up with it tbh

Yeah just need to figure out how to use it lol. i have powerdvd 22 for playing back mkv files at least !
If you have purchased AnyDVD, then simply rip the movie using AnyDVD's Free Speedmenu into an unprotected ISO, and then mount the movie with the Free Virtual CloneDrive, which is linked here, and then play the movie with PowerDVD 22.

I do that all the time with 4K UHD Blu-rays/regular Blu-rays all the time, and it's very efficient. No trailers to deal with, no annoying ads, just the movie or TV episodes for you to enjoy.

Attachments

• Speedmenu example_Friday March 29 2024.jpg
    Speedmenu example_Friday March 29 2024.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
If you have purchased AnyDVD, then simply rip the movie using AnyDVD's Speedmenu into an unprotected ISO

Good way to use Iso's and avoid leading trailers, Menu's etc. if you want.

But I think what @Briski wanted to do is get the latest version of PDVD before the removal of UHD Disc/Iso play, as opposed to skipping Menus.

If I got it right, he's only considering UHD .mkv's because if he gets the very latest PDVD version, it won't work with the Iso's...

T

Last edited:

But I think what @Briski wanted to do is get the latest version of PDVD before the removal of UHD Disc/Iso play, as opposed to skipping Menus.

If I got it right, he's only considering UHD .mkv's because if he gets the latest PDVD version, it won't work with the Iso's...

T
I think that you're right, @testiles, so if he wants version 3214, the last one before Cyberlink removed 4K UHD Blu-ray playback of discs, ISOs, and folders, all he has to do is PM (Private Message) me and I'll give him a temporary link in which he can download PowerDVD 22 Ultra version 3214.

Once he's done that, I'll have to remove the file from a site that I use to upload stuff because I don't want to have that file available for everyone.

If someone has bought PowerDVD 22 Ultra in the past, and has to get version 3214, then it'll be a case by case situation. Besides, I don't want it online forever anyway.

If I got it right, he's only considering UHD .mkv's because if he gets the very latest PDVD version, it won't work with the Iso's...

T
Yes thats exactly what i plan to do

Thanks for this, much appreciated
You're very welcome.

:giggle:

Lock down PowerDVD 22 Ultra just like I told you in private, and especially if Cyberlink offers to update PowerDVD for you (it happens- they've tried to get me to update my PowerDVD 22 Ultra a few times already in the last 2 months) and you'll always have 4K UHD Blu-ray playback.

On a sidenote, if you have AnyDVD, please try out the Speedmenu option that I mentioned earlier today. It's a nice way to avoid trailers, commercials and coming attractions nonsense.

Would there be any way to just re-enable 4K UHD playback in PowerDVD 22/23? did anyone look into whether Cyberlink disabled the code for 4K UHD, or completely ripped out the code?

Back