• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Max Subtitles are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's correct.

However, I didn't notice a '270'.
Did you perhaps mean '2070'?
Also, have you tried accessing it through a different browser?
Yes I meant a 2070 Super sorry. Chrome blocked it but firefox just let me download it.

One more Thing ... not all subtitle formats are supported in every container, have an overview here:
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_container_formats#Subtitle_formats_support
At this point I usually recommend StaxRip ... which I use to batch convert series to a certain audio format keeping the video and subtitles (with converting those to match the container format if necessary)

@psig33 - can you check the latest release version and see if the Max subtitles is being handled better. Release notes mention it

New Version (1.71) does NOT bring subs back in sync for me. I tried on Meg 2 Trench with Max and still out of sync

I have a Nvidia 270 Super video card. The browser is blocking me from downloading Rigayas NVencC (suspicious download blocked) from the website. NvencC_7.4_x64.7z is right for windows 64 bit isn't it?
Update: I downloaded the file and renamed the folder to NvencC. I put the Nvidia scripts in that folder with a bat ext. I created 2 new folders on my E: drive rigaya/NvencC and Re-encode and changed the output to E:. Now it says it can't open the subtitle file. Tectpro can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• Failed To Open Option File.jpg
    Failed To Open Option File.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 8
  • Batch File.jpg
    Batch File.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Now it says it can't open the subtitle file
What name has the subtitle file on your e:\ drive? It has to be the same name as your video file with the extrension (.mp4) removed and instead added ".en-us.srt"
If the file doesn't exist with that exact name, you get the error in your screenshot.

Update: I downloaded the file and renamed the folder to NvencC. I put the Nvidia scripts in that folder with a bat ext. I created 2 new folders on my E: drive rigaya/NvencC and Re-encode and changed the output to E:. Now it says it can't open the subtitle file. Tectpro can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
What name has the subtitle file on your e:\ drive? It has to be the same name as your video file with the extrension (.mp4) removed and instead added ".en-us.srt"
If the file doesn't exist with that exact name, you get the error in your screenshot.
Correct. The en-us can differ depending on the source.
But the script itself will use the name of the mp4 and use that for the srt too.
Example. The mp4 is called The Batman.mp4 it will look for an subtitle called The Batman.en-us.srt.
If the provider uses a different naming you need to adjust that in that line and remove the .en-us
This batch is a very easy one no special checks.

Correct. The en-us can differ depending on the source.
But the script itself will use the name of the mp4 and use that for the srt too.
Example. The mp4 is called The Batman.mp4 it will look for an subtitle called The Batman.en-us.srt.
If the provider uses a different naming you need to adjust that in that line and remove the .en-us
This batch is a very easy one no special checks.
I tried removing the .en-us already and also renaming the subtitle .en-us. The video has embedded subtitles already on it; Is there a way to just copy the embedded subtitles. I will try that again though!

Attachments

• subtitle en-us.jpg
    subtitle en-us.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 5
I tried removing the .en-us already and also renaming the subtitle .en-us. The video has embedded subtitles already on it; Is there a way to just copy the embedded subtitles. I will try that again though!
Did you link to the option file you created it shows an error it didn't find it.
Also can you check, it seems you disabled to show the file naming in Windows.
I don't see the mp4 ending for example in your screenshots.

Did you link to the option file you created it shows an error it didn't find it.
Also can you check, it seems you disabled to show the file naming in Windows.
I don't see the mp4 ending for example in your screenshots.
How do you link to the option file? I haven't disabled file naming but how do you enable it? I got one to work by using subtitle edit and naming it as I saved it but it has no audio! I think I linked the Video compression with sharpening and upscaling file but when I press a key it closes the command prompt.

Attachments

• No Audio.jpg
    No Audio.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Press any key to Continue.jpg
    Press any key to Continue.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
How do you link to the option file? I haven't disabled file naming but how do you enable it? I got one to work by using subtitle edit and naming it as I saved it but it has no audio! I think I linked the Video compression with sharpening and upscaling file but when I press a key it closes the command prompt.

How to show file extensions in Win 11.
Code:
 https://pureinfotech.com/show-file-extensions-windows-11/#:~:text=To%20show%20file%20extensions%20on%20Windows%2011%2C%20open%20File%20Explorer,for%20known%20file%20types%E2%80%9D%20option.

In the batch file look for the --option-file command and the path after that has to match with the one where your option file is.

No Audio is strange.
What is the content of your option file?
Audio has to be mentioned in the file or it won't be processed.
Either --audio-copy which will copy the audio or you can check the other topic for encoding options.

I might suggest that if there are issues with the encoding, you reply in that topic with the encoding, it will make it also easier for others to find in future.

How to show file extensions in Win 11.
Code:
 https://pureinfotech.com/show-file-extensions-windows-11/#:~:text=To%20show%20file%20extensions%20on%20Windows%2011%2C%20open%20File%20Explorer,for%20known%20file%20types%E2%80%9D%20option.

In the batch file look for the --option-file command and the path after that has to match with the one where your option file is.

No Audio is strange.
What is the content of your option file?
Audio has to be mentioned in the file or it won't be processed.
Either --audio-copy which will copy the audio or you can check the other topic for encoding options.

I might suggest that if there are issues with the encoding, you reply in that topic with the encoding, it will make it also easier for others to find in future.
I remembered to go into the control panel, file explorer options to show the extensions. They were in the last screenshot. I linked the files and got it working. Thank you very much! I even made some 4K encodes with Dolby Atmos! The picture looks really awesome. If you have any more example .txt I could use them! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Attachments

• 4K Batch File.jpg
    4K Batch File.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Conversion.jpg
    Conversion.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 4K text.jpg
    4K text.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have heard of a way to use ffmpeg to do it, but I haven't tried it. to the command line -strict unofficial before the output file. There was also one that had tag=dv01 or dv1 in the command , but I can't find it now
I read something about -strict 2 but I have not tried it.

One more Thing ... not all subtitle formats are supported in every container, have an overview here:
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_container_formats#Subtitle_formats_support
At this point I usually recommend StaxRip ... which I use to batch convert series to a certain audio format keeping the video and subtitles (with converting those to match the container format if necessary)
Staxrip will convert the subtitles? I did not see a way to change the audio format in Staxrip but I have only used it a few times.

Staxrip will convert the subtitles? I did not see a way to change the audio format in Staxrip but I have only used it a few times.
To change the audio file in staxrip. After the source is loaded up the video info will be at the top and below that in the middle will have the audio track(s) listed and it defaults on the right side to copy/mux. Click that field and it'll bring up a list of audio conversions and you even add more 'preset' conversions with add in that menu. I think you can copy an existing one, say like 640K and change it to say 384k, save and you have another preset and correctly named. Its a good list of conversions codecs, probably 10 or so and any bitrate that's valid

@RedFox 1 . I've come across maybe a better example for the dev team to work from. Was doing the Hobbit series on Max hevc and 2 of the 3 installments have good subs and only 1 has the out of sync problem unlike the other examples I found where the whole series is out of sync. Would that be worth a log for Pete to possibly see whatever difference in the 1 that doesn't come in correctly (smaug) vs. the 2 that do? If so I'll be happy to recreate it

@RedFox 1 . I've come across maybe a better example for the dev team to work from. Was doing the Hobbit series on Max hevc and 2 of the 3 installments have good subs and only 1 has the out of sync problem unlike the other examples I found where the whole series is out of sync. Would that be worth a log for Pete to possibly see whatever difference in the 1 that doesn't come in correctly (smaug) vs. the 2 that do? If so I'll be happy to recreate it
I believe this is a Max issue. There are other logfiles in this thread. Thank you.

i had the same issue but on AP. berlin station. s01. half the season had skewed subtitles. downloaded them maybe two months ago. tried last week, same thing. went with grasemonkey AP sub download script, all fine.

Look there are already 2 threads on this issue with the same people posting in both. Two same-issue threads merged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back