• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Max Subtitles are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not aware if FFMpeg supports DolbyVision natively now or not.
But an alternative would be reinjecting the info with the tool here:
Code:
 https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183479
The only player that I have that plays the Dolby Vision colors right is VLC. I have Power DVD 17 but I think it looks better on VLC player. The copied version looks great on everything even windows movies and tv. Thank you very much! Thank you for link.:):p:cool::thankyou:

I am not aware if FFMpeg supports DolbyVision natively now or not.
But an alternative would be reinjecting the info with the tool here:
Code:
 https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=183479
I have heard of a way to use ffmpeg to do it, but I haven't tried it. to the command line -strict unofficial before the output file. There was also one that had tag=dv01 or dv1 in the command , but I can't find it now

You didn't put .mp4 on the input file name, but @tectpro is awesome. I am not talented enough to write a script like that. Someone buy that man a beer!
That is all I have to do is put .mp4 at the end of the file name and it will work. I will try that to see if it works. Thank you very much! :) :cool::thankyou:

I have heard of a way to use ffmpeg to do it, but I haven't tried it. to the command line -strict unofficial before the output file. There was also one that had tag=dv01 or dv1 in the command , but I can't find it now
I put .mp4 at the end but got an error for the subtitle file. I removed .en.cc and kept .srt and now it is working. I will try -strict unofficial and see if that works next. Edit I tried -strict unofficial but got an error for that.

Attachments

• -strict unofficial error.jpg
    -strict unofficial error.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Can someone try the new 1.7.0.2 AS version just posted to see if the subs being out of sync on Max has been fixed. There's mention of better handing in the release notes but didn't identify it as Max targeted.
I let my Max sub lapse waiting for it to get fixed, also can anyone that has the previous ad-free version that the higher resolutions are no longer available as Max threatened for early December and that I'll have to up to the highest tier plan for those?

Can someone try the new 1.7.0.2 AS version just posted to see if the subs being out of sync on Max has been fixed. There's mention of better handing in the release notes but didn't identify it as Max targeted.
I let my Max sub lapse waiting for it to get fixed, also can anyone that has the previous ad-free version that the higher resolutions are no longer available as Max threatened for early December and that I'll have to up to the highest tier plan for those?
Nope. Updated to beta 1.7.0.2 and it's still the same way. I downloaded Meg 2, once with external srt and the other with embedded subtitles and both are missing segments (6 to be exact, AnyStream starts on the 7th: https://fly.prd.media.h264.io/7b65d590-1889-44da-877d-54a8bdd84929/t/2_174408/t15/7.vtt). I attached the subtitles, the "direct" subtitle file was extracted with the method I showed in post #17.

Attachments

• AnyStream.Embedded.Max.Meg.2.en-US.cc.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream.External.Max.Meg.2.en-US.cc.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Direct.Max.Meg.2.en-US.txt
    140.5 KB · Views: 2
Nope. Updated to beta 1.7.0.2 and it's still the same way. I downloaded Meg 2, once with external srt and the other with embedded subtitles and both are missing segments (6 to be exact, AnyStream starts on the 7th: https://fly.prd.media.h264.io/7b65d590-1889-44da-877d-54a8bdd84929/t/2_174408/t15/7.vtt). I attached the subtitles, the "direct" subtitle file was extracted with the method I showed in post #17.
Thanks for checking it for me, I'll keep my AZ channel for a bit longer. Just as an aside the AZ channel ad version that was black friday sale for $2.99/mo Does Not have the same quality is Max direct, the bit rates are way way down. Not sure if its the same on the direct ad supported Max sub vs the no ad's one, I've seen mixed posts whether the Max direct ad supported one even works, most say no but some have posted that it does work?

Can you give some more information or a link to somewhere with more detail on how you download the subtitles??? Do you use a browser extension to get the mpd link ?

Last edited:
Can you give some more information or a link to somewhere with more detail on how you download the subtitles??? Do you use a browser extension to get the mpd link ?

There are various ways to get the mpd link, you can search for mpd in the network tab of developer tools (ctrl + shift + c) or you can use a browser extension like .MPD Detector or The Stream Detector which is more comprehensive.

There are various ways to get the mpd link, you can search for mpd in the network tab of developer tools (ctrl + shift + c) or you can use a browser extension like .MPD Detector or The Stream Detector which is more comprehensive.
I tried with just the link and it said you can pick 1 audio and 1 video out of a list but no subtitles and it started downloading them. Probably encrypted though; The way you have listed it just crashes when I try it.

Last edited:
I tried with just the link and it said you can pick 1 audio and 1 video out of a list but no subtitles and it started downloading them. Probably encrypted though; The way you have listed it just crashes when I try it.
Of course the audio/video streams are encrypted ;) but we just want the subtitles. Crashes is the wrong term, however, if the save directory path is wrapped in quotes it does throw an error. Try with this:
Code:
N_m3u8DL-RE "mpd link" --sub-only --sub-format SRT --save-dir C:\Users\ElonMusk\Desktop --save-name "Meg 2 (2023)"

Recording 2023-12-10 at 01.55.03.gif

Of course the audio/video streams are encrypted ;) but we just want the subtitles. Crashes is the wrong term, however, if the save directory path is wrapped in quotes it does throw an error. Try with this:
Code:
N_m3u8DL-RE "mpd link" --sub-only --sub-format SRT --save-dir C:\Users\ElonMusk\Desktop --save-name "Meg 2 (2023)"

View attachment 75888
Mr. Elon Musk can I have a ride into outer space?

For those of us that like our embedded captions this is what I do, I haven't yet figured out how to pass through the Dolby Vision info, but it will still be HDR 10-bit

Its a bit involved so hold tight here we go,

First find a caption file I use opensubtitles.com (you may need to use something like SubTitle Edit to get the captions synced up)

Subtitle edit is pretty easy to use. Open the srt file with it and at the bottom click add waveform and select the movie file. At the top will be a Synchronization menu, select adjust all times. I would suggest changing the time from 1 sec to .100 seconds, then just click show earlier or show later until it lines up where you want it.

"Save as" the .srt file into the same folder as your movie file.

Then use FFMPEG to embed the srt file.

replacing the movie.mp4 movie.srt and output.mp4 with the proper file names. I usually just add captioned to the movie name like Meg 2 (2023)captioned.mp4

You can move it and rename it how ever you normally do after that. Filebot ignores the word and gives me the right movie.

You will need ffmpeg and you will need to add it to your path in your environment variables. I saved mine in C:\Program Files\ffmpeg and and added C:\Program Files\ffmpeg\bin to the path.

I wrote it into a batch file called caption.bat and saved that with ffmpeg.

so as an example from my download folder in a command prompt window I type

I've done it so many times now the whole thing take me only a minute or 2 to get it going and under 5 from start to finish
I have all my subtitles embedded but some players will not play them like that. I noticed with Sub Title Edit you can just load the movie and click file , save as, save , and by default it will save it in .srt format with the same name as the movie. Or you can use the format drop down box and save the sub title in any format you want. With your batch file you can also use almost any kind of sub title by changing the extension .vtt .srt .sub. The subtitles for Batman (1966) were not right so I used SubloaderV160Portable to download the right ones. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I want to offer some clarity about using FFmpeg, focusing on its installation and how its location affects its usage. This should help address some common misconceptions and improve our overall workflow.

FFmpeg and the System PATH:
The crucial point is that FFmpeg's executable (ffmpeg.exe on Windows) is not automatically added to your system's PATH environment variable. If you want the convenience of running FFmpeg commands from any directory without specifying the full path to ffmpeg.exe, you'll need to add it to the PATH manually. This step is essential for those who prefer not to navigate to the FFmpeg directory each time they use it.

Running FFmpeg Without PATH Modification:
If you haven't added FFmpeg to your PATH, the alternative is to work directly from the directory where ffmpeg.exe is located. This means either being in the same folder as ffmpeg.exe when executing commands or specifying the full path to ffmpeg.exe in your commands.

Batch File Considerations:
Using a batch file in the same directory as ffmpeg.exe and your movie files is practical if you consistently work within that folder. However, this setup might limit flexibility if you handle files in various locations.

Adding FFmpeg to PATH for Greater Flexibility:
For frequent FFmpeg users, I strongly recommend adding it to your system's PATH.
This addition significantly broadens your ability to run FFmpeg commands from any directory, facilitating a more flexible and efficient workflow, especially when working with files stored in different locations.

I hope this explanation clarifies any confusion regarding FFmpeg's setup and usage. If you have further questions or insights, feel free to contribute!

Here is a link to "How to set the path and environment variables in Windows."
Code:
 https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
Are you a programmer or something? Do you have a script or batch file that would convert a movie to Hevc (H.265) or keep it AVC (H.264) but convert the video to 1920x 1080 16x9 with E-AC-3 audio with 320 kb/s bit rate or higher and keep the subtitles as a .mp4 file. I tried to use ffmpeg batch av converter but it does not keep the subtitles unless you convert it to.mvk container. Do you have one you could put in the ffmpeg folder and run the command from the movie folder by putting the name of the movie and any other information needed to do the conversion. Maybe name it convert.bat; Is it possible to do this?

Are you a programmer or something? Do you have a script or batch file that would convert a movie to Hevc (H.265) or keep it AVC (H.264) but convert the video to 1920x 1080 16x9 with E-AC-3 audio with 320 kb/s bit rate or higher and keep the subtitles as a .mp4 file. I tried to use ffmpeg batch av converter but it does not keep the subtitles unless you convert it to.mvk container. Do you have one you could put in the ffmpeg folder and run the command from the movie folder by putting the name of the movie and any other information needed to do the conversion. Maybe name it convert.bat; Is it possible to do this?
I'm not a programmer.

But maybe this will help you

I'm not a programmer.

But maybe this will help you
Thanks for the information!!!:giggle: I tried to download Rigayas NVencC for a 270 super but it keeps getting blocked even after turning off my AV. I also have the latest game ready driver installed. Will that conflict with the drivers I have installed?

Last edited:
Thanks for the information!!!:giggle: I tried to download Rigayas NVencC for a 270 super but it keeps getting blocked even after turning off my AV. I also have the latest game ready driver installed. Will that conflict with the drivers I have installed?
You can find a list of GPUs that support NVENC by visiting the NVIDIA developer website:
Code:
 https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new

Regarding the "270," I'm not sure if this is a typo. Could you clarify which GPU model you're referring to?

Also, when you mention "blocked," could you provide more details? What specific issue are you encountering?

As for Rigaya NVENC, it indeed utilizes official NVIDIA components and requires the NVIDIA driver. Therefore, there shouldn't typically be any conflicts with its operation.

You can find a list of GPUs that support NVENC by visiting the NVIDIA developer website:
Code:
 https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new

Regarding the "270," I'm not sure if this is a typo. Could you clarify which GPU model you're referring to?

Also, when you mention "blocked," could you provide more details? What specific issue are you encountering?

As for Rigaya NVENC, it indeed utilizes official NVIDIA components and requires the NVIDIA driver. Therefore, there shouldn't typically be any conflicts with its operation.
I have a Nvidia 270 Super video card. The browser is blocking me from downloading Rigayas NVencC (suspicious download blocked) from the website. NvencC_7.4_x64.7z is right for windows 64 bit isn't it?

I have a Nvidia 270 Super video card. The browser is blocking me from downloading Rigayas NVencC (suspicious download blocked) from the website. NvencC_7.4_x64.7z is right for windows 64 bit isn't it?
Yes, that's correct.

However, I didn't notice a '270'.
Did you perhaps mean '2070'?
Also, have you tried accessing it through a different browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back