• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Read AnyStream for Linux (updated to support more Linux distributions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is all of a sudden dependencies on Gnome added? 1.5.2.8 installed flawlessly over the previous version.

No such schema “org.gnome.shell”? Drawing from what other have experienced, having to install gnome (more or less) seems like a bit of an overkill-

Why is all of a sudden dependencies on Gnome added? 1.5.2.8 installed flawlessly over the previous version.

No such schema “org.gnome.shell”? Drawing from what other have experienced, having to install gnome (more or less) seems like a bit of an overkill-
It was not added, you may be reading another member's post about how he is using the program. ;) ;)

Changelog AnyStream

1.5.2.9 beta 2023-04-06 (Linux only)
- New: added rpm installer for redhat based systems
- New: possibility to activate license from within the software
- New: added application icon to the application manager on Linux
- Updated languages

My gentoo machine has all the dependencies installed now. Only real problem seems to be the one I mentioned earlier... the app looking for libtiff.so.5 when I only have libtiff.so.6, and the symlink I put in place seems to solve that issue. App runs, can download from Amz (haven't tried others yet)

Attached an ebuild, in case anyone else is a techno-masochist like me. (license line might not be accurate)

Attachments

• anystream-1.5.2.9.ebuild.zip
    918 bytes · Views: 5
I get these gnome-related error messages as well. The error messages were not present when installing the previous version 1.5.2.8.
Something has changed. Really weird if Elementary, that to the best of my knowledge does not use gnome shell all of a sudden should start requiring it for third party software.
It was not added, you may be reading another member's post about how he is using the program
Or maybe I simply just don't understand what you wrote in that comment?
Latest "error messages"

(Reading database ... 311940 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack AnyStream_1.5.2.9_amd64.deb ...
No such schema “org.gnome.shell”
dpkg: warning: old anystream package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing archive AnyStream_1.5.2.9_amd64.deb (--install):
new anystream package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
installed anystream package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
AnyStream_1.5.2.9_amd64.deb

Last edited:
Yes, they're hidden by default, but it's still much nicer to have a separate organized directory for them. Especially considering XDG separates out config, data and cache. Instead of having all sorts of hidden dotfiles littered in your home directory with varying purposes, they're organized nicely, which also helps backup tools, as you know you can skip ~/.cache in backups for example.

except that the proper location for a cache to live in is /tmp ... but, as you say, anyway...

When I started AS from the command prompt on Gentoo, I did get a bit of error(?)/debug output... Not sure whether any of this is worthy of dev attention. Program seems like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing otherwise

*duplicate entries removed*
Code:
$ ./AnyStream
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-*****myusername*****'
QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to PerProviderSettings "PerProviderSettings", which already has a layout
libva error: vaGetDriverNameByIndex() failed with unknown libva error, driver_name = (null)
QIODevice::read (QNetworkReplyHttpImpl): device not open
QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

Hello,

Like many i think, i love AnyStream ... , now with a beta version working on linux ...

I have made a docker image working for AnyStream Linux with lastest beta 1.5.2.9 .....
It's my first attempt to packaging an apps in a docker, so be tolerant please.

If someone want to test it and report bugs ? :giggle:

• Docker on Debian11
  • NoVNC
  • Chromium && Firefox if needed
  • AnyStream
  • Shortcut for AnyStream on Desktop
  • Working on Unraid with Docker-Compose
  • Volumes for
    • Persistent Config & License
    • Download Folder

View attachment 71484

View attachment 71486

View attachment 71487

View attachment 71488
Missing for now :

- I have only tested D+/NF ... so if somebody could do a full test on all providers ?

For RedFox Developer :

My Dockerfile is not public, as i don't known if you disagree with my packaging of AnyStream....
Please if there is a problem contact me via PM and i will make my repository private and for my exclusive usage. Or if you want make an official docker, i can share my dockerfile with you directly.
Could this work in Docker for Mac? I’m happy to try when I get home.

Wow, thanks for showing Linux some love. This is one step closer to eliminating my need for Windows.

I'm running the latest Linux Mint (21.1 Cinnamon) which is based on Ubuntu 22.04, and trying to install the deb file not only failed, but seemingly corrupted something in apt, which prevented me from installing ANY software...

I was receiving this error message:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i AnyStream_1.5.2.9_amd64.deb

(Reading database ... 491445 files and directories currently installed.)
dpkg: warning: old anystream package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
 new anystream package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
 installed anystream package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

The normal tricks didn't fix it, but after some searching around I found the following commands fixed my apt installation:

Bash:
# this will fail
sudo dpkg --remove --force-all anystream

# this will clear the necessary files / caches
sudo rm -i /var/lib/dpkg/info/anystream.*

# this will work

After running those, i was able to apt update and upgrade.

It turns out that on my version of Linux Mint, which is pretty close to stock, I needed to install gnome-shell:

Bash:
sudo apt install gnome-shell

And now, finally, I am able to install AnyStream via the deb file.

Interesting is that despite the error messages the install somehow worked OK anyway. AnyStream starts and looks and works as expected.
Presumably, everyone who doesn't get those errors already has gnome installed...

So, looks like between 1.5.2.8 and .9, postinst and prerm scripts got added to the deb package, and these scripts are apparently a bit presumptuous about desktop environments... Seems to be trying to add AS as a favorite app in gnome, but in a way that doesn't gracefully handle gnome not being present, and, per opensourcefiend's post, can apparently break things.

The app itself certainly doesn't require gnome, but the package's post-install setup step kinda does.

*edit. Unsurprisingly, the rpm has the same scripts.

Last edited:
Hello,
I got a bug on 1.5.2.9 i think ... i can't login on Amazon ? Screen is disabled and i can't click on accept cookie or even login ...
On windows i have this problem sometimes but AS restart solve problem .... but on linux it's not resolving issue ...

Any Idea ?

bug_amazon.png

What did you click on before you saw that screen? 99% of the time, the user clicked on something they shouldn't have. Since you are the only person experiencing this, I have to assume it's something on your end. This I would think doesn't have anything to do with Linux. Are you by chance using a VPN to access the USA APV? An AnyStream logfile might help me see what the issue is, could you please post one? Thank you.

Wow, thanks for showing Linux some love. This is one step closer to eliminating my need for Windows.

I'm running the latest Linux Mint (21.1 Cinnamon) which is based on Ubuntu 22.04, and trying to install the deb file not only failed, but seemingly corrupted something in apt, which prevented me from installing ANY software...

I was receiving this error message:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i AnyStream_1.5.2.9_amd64.deb

(Reading database ... 491445 files and directories currently installed.)

The normal tricks didn't fix it, but after some searching around I found the following commands fixed my apt installation:

Bash:
# this will fail

# this will clear the necessary files / caches
sudo rm -i /var/lib/dpkg/info/anystream.*

# this will work

After running those, i was able to apt update and upgrade.

It turns out that on my version of Linux Mint, which is pretty close to stock, I needed to install gnome-shell:

Bash:
sudo apt install gnome-shell

And now, finally, I am able to install AnyStream via the deb file.
Thank you ever so much. A life saver. I would perhaps I found this out myself, eventually but again thanks for the assistance.
Though I wonder why gnome-shell is a must have requirement all of a sudden from 1.5.2.8 to 1.5.2.9? Who knows...Pete perhaps?

What did you click on before you saw that screen? 99% of the time, the user clicked on something they shouldn't have. Since you are the only person experiencing this, I have to assume it's something on your end. This I would think doesn't have anything to do with Linux. Are you by chance using a VPN to access the USA APV? An AnyStream logfile might help me see what the issue is, could you please post one? Thank you.
No VPN for now. Only on my direct IP on France.
I have only started the program, and added the provider.
I have NetFlix / Rakuten / Disney+ working perfectly as provider ... I only this with Amazon.

I have also the issue sometimes on my main computer (windows 11 pro). => Againb no VPN.

For Settings :
Amazon on region Other , in HEVC

Here the logs from windows :

5:19:20.494 - [Notice] [browser:rakuten] Retrieve page content...
05:19:20.869 - [Debug] [tabs] Tab changed
05:19:20.869 - [Debug] [tabs] Layout is not empty
05:19:20.871 - [Debug] [tabs] Setting up provider Netflix
05:19:20.871 - [Debug] [tabs] Already up
05:19:23.088 - [Debug] [prime] not using proxy
05:19:23.090 - [Debug] [netflix] not using proxy
05:19:23.091 - [Debug] [disney] not using proxy
05:19:23.092 - [Debug] [hulu] not using proxy
05:19:23.093 - [Debug] [hbomax] not using proxy
05:19:23.094 - [Debug] [rakuten] not using proxy
05:19:23.095 - [Debug] [paramount] not using proxy
05:19:29.421 - [Debug] [prime] not using proxy
05:19:29.421 - [Debug] [netflix] not using proxy
05:19:29.421 - [Debug] [disney] not using proxy
05:19:29.421 - [Debug] [hulu] not using proxy
05:19:29.422 - [Debug] [hbomax] not using proxy
05:19:29.422 - [Debug] [rakuten] not using proxy
05:19:29.422 - [Debug] [paramount] not using proxy
05:19:29.445 - [Debug] [tabs] Setting up provider Amazon Prime Video
05:19:29.445 - [Debug] [tabs] Starting up Amazon Prime Video
05:19:29.447 - [Debug] [tabs] Setting up provider Netflix
05:19:29.447 - [Debug] [tabs] Already up
05:19:29.447 - [Debug] [tabs] Setting up provider Disney+
05:19:29.447 - [Debug] [tabs] Starting up Disney+
05:20:36.351 - [Debug] [tabs] Tab changed
05:20:36.351 - [Debug] [tabs] Checking for matching provider...
05:20:36.351 - [Debug] [tabs] Create new panel for Amazon Prime Video
05:20:36.352 - [Debug] [Prime] not using proxy
05:20:36.359 - [Debug] [CEFView::prime] Browser has been created
05:20:36.359 - [Debug] [tabs] New provider widget: Amazon Prime Video
05:20:36.359 - [Debug] [tabs] Amazon Prime Video panel loaded.
05:20:36.659 - [Debug] [CEFView::prime] Load started: https://www.primevideo.com/offers/nonprimehomepage/ref=dv_web_force_root
05:20:36.673 - [Debug] [CEFView::Handler::prime] OnDocumentAvailableInMainFrame

And more detailled logs in attachments

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.9.astlog
    1.4 KB · Views: 2
@el Truncho
Is this still stuck on that APV page? If so please close the APV provider and then close AnyStream. Open AnyStream, enable the APV tab and see if it loads correctly. Your log file was empty, I couldn't even tell you had other providers. If this happens again please make a logfile immediately and post it. Let me know if it happens when you close out as I instructed.

@el Truncho
Is this still stuck on that APV page? If so please close the APV provider and then close AnyStream. Open AnyStream, enable the APV tab and see if it loads correctly. Your log file was empty, I couldn't even tell you had other providers. If this happens again please make a logfile immediately and post it. Let me know if it happens when you close out as I instructed.
Tryed your tips, more logs ... as i saw the others providers folders in logs but amazon is really stuck.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.2.9.zip
    34.1 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.5.2.9-test2.zip
    75 KB · Views: 4
Those files you zipped are worthless. I sent you a PM. Your screenshot above is from the USA Amazon Prime Video, if you are in France and not using a VPN can you explain that?

Last edited:
Clear your AnyStream cache: C/users/username/AppData/local/Redfox/cache, and delete the cache folder completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back