• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Also I was wrong - I use AnyDVDHD to rip the ISO files. The other program I use to strip out everything but the movie, HD audio and subtitles (if necessary).
Doesn't matter. Your backbone is AnyDVD and that's what matters.

What is the benefit of doing that? Thank you!
Now it gets complicated. ASUS 3.10 is the fastest firmware for ripping. If you have issues with 3-layer discs (>66GB) I recommend WH16NS60 1.03 which is an official firmware. But then AnyDVD needs to have Makemkv installed. Just leave it for now if you have no issues.

Now it gets complicated. ASUS 3.10 is the fastest firmware for ripping. If you have issues with 3-layer discs (>66GB) I recommend WH16NS60 1.03 which is an official firmware. But then AnyDVD needs to have Makemkv installed. Just leave it for now if you have no issues.
Ok. I'm trying Batman vs Superman UHD.
Loaded and now ripping.
Says >2Hours so I'll see how long it really takes.

About 1 hour 20 mins to rip 86.9GB UDH disc.

@coopervid I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for replying to all my posts. It is very much appreciative when someone takes the time to help someone. I always pay it forward due to folks like you who help others!

Sure. Follow my guide in post #310.
EIDT: Nevermind. Went ahead and did it. Now ripping the same UHD as I did yesterday to benchmark the speed.
Do I have to flash it first to the "proper" FW for this drive or can I go straight to flashing it to the Asus?

Last edited:
It should work in one step. Personally I always go the safe way and flash the same firmware version first, e.g. if it is 1.05 I flash 1.05 MK because the new drive has probably encrypted firmware and "enc" has to be checked. Then flash in a second step ASUS 3.10 without "enc".

It should work in one step. Personally I always go the safe way and flash the same firmware version first, e.g. if it is 1.05 I flash 1.05 MK because the new drive has probably encrypted firmware and "enc" has to be checked. Then flash in a second step ASUS 3.10 without "enc".
Well I jumped the gun and flashed it directly to it...and it worked so WHEW.
It'll be good for me to see if this FW is faster than the other since the 2 drives are the same but one using Asus but the other using it's updated FW version...

Ok. Is there a way to avoid having to d/l a key each time for MakeMKV? Is there a way to remove that need? I ask since I get this error: "Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!"

Ok. Is there a way to avoid having to d/l a key each time for MakeMKV? Is there a way to remove that need? I ask since I get this error: "Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!"
The beta key just expired. A new beta key can take a couple of days - maximum a week. If you don't want to be patient buy the software.

EDIT: In the meantime just do a protected copy of the disc you want to process and make an ISO. Then load the ISO with VCD when you have the new beta key installed. As a side note: You can trick it by setting your PC's date back to an earlier date for using Makemkv- but then AnyDVD complains about that.

Last edited:
The beta key just expired. A new beta key can take a couple of days - maximum a week. If you don't want to be patient buy the software.

I checked and it says my key's valid for a few more days. I uninstalled it thinking that would help. Then I reinstalled it and now I get this error in Any DVD:

BUS ENCRYPTION DISABLED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE

Rip to ISO and check keep protection and wait.

EDIT: Wait - that's not an error. It stll works.

Since I used the GUI Tool I don't need to following the cmd instructions under the "How To Flash Videos and commands" sections...correct?

Back