• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

MartyMcNuts

Hi everyone,

Just to give you all another option, I have modified the official ASUS ODD FW Flasher tool to allow the user to flash or cross-flash their drive to a "UHD Friendly" firmware.

Included with the ASUS Flasher, is the 'DE' (downgrade enabled) UHD friendly firmwares we are currently using with the LG Flasher tool.

Also, if you happen to use a clean firmware file that hasn't been 'DE' (downgrade enabled), this app will automatically make the file 'DE' enabled and save it.

It is very easy to use:

1. Run ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified).exe.
2. In popup window, select a firmware file to flash. (If you click CANCEL, the auto default firmware is ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02)
3. When the main interface opens, select your drive (if not already selected)
4. Hit "START" button. The drive tray will open. Once firmware flash is completed, drive tray will close again.
5. Done.

Attached is the modified ASUS FW Flasher + Downgrade Enabled Firmware:

PS: I've also attached just the modified ASUS Flasher for those who already have the 'DE' enable firmwares. Just unzip it in to the folder with your 'DE' firmwares.

Have fun guys!!

EDIT (21.03.2019): I have made a couple of updates to the ASUS Flasher.

1. (FIX) Previously unable to flash BU40N drives. Works fine now.

2. (UPDATE) The application doesn't like really long firmware file names, so it edits the name displayed in "FW Selected:"

EDIT (24.08.2019): I have updated the Modified ASUS Flasher which will now allow:
  • The LG BP60NB10 external UHD drive to be flashed with firmware LG_BP60NB10_1.00_MK only.
  • The LG BP50NB40 external Blu-Ray drive to be flashed with firmware LG_BP50NB40-NB50_1.01_MK only. (Not UHD friendly but enables libredrive.)
EDIT (22.05.2020):
Here is the link to the modified ASUS FW Flasher + Downgrade Enabled Firmware + the latest MK firmware pack (14/02/2020):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rbpk...wares__+_Latest_MK_Pack_(15.04.2020).zip/file

Attached is just the modified ASUS Flasher for if you don't need the firmwares. Just put it in the folder with the firmwares.

EDIT (03.09.2019):
I have created 2 modified (hybrid = HBD) firmwares solely for the BP50NB40. Firmware BP60NB10_1.00_MK_HBD will allow you to flash your BP50NB40 to BP60NB10. Firmware BP50NB40-NB50_1.01_MK_HBD will allow you to go back to BP50NB40_1.01_MK if you ever require it. Here is the download link for the hybrid (HBD) firmware.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wrvmbjq7fp84zjn/Hybrid_Firmware_for_BP50NB40_to_BP60NB10.zip/file

EDIT (01.01.2020):
If your BP50NB40 has firmware 1.02, please flash firmware BP50NB40 NB50 1.02 MK from the MK pack, then you can cross-flash using the hybrid BP60NB10 1.00 firmware.

Cheers
MM

Attachments

• ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified) (24.08.2019).zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Wrong section, moved. The uhd section, is reserved for AnyDVD uhd related issues only.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I've had a couple of people have some issues running the modified ASUS Flasher as they are still using Windows XP!! (I changed the app to support .net 3.5 as this is what Windows 7 comes with. I didn't think anyone would still be using XP!!!)

Just FYI,

It works with Windows 7, 8 and 10, no problems as .net 3.5 or higher is needed to run the application. If you are using Windows XP, you will need to install a newer version of .net.

Cheers!

PS: I've also attached just the modified ASUS Flasher for those who already have the 'DE' enable firmwares. Just unzip it in to the folder with your 'DE' firmwares.

Have fun guys!!

Amazing, thank you!

I'm getting from Amazon a ASUS BC-12D2HT and I guess it will have an "unfriendly" FW. What FW is recomended for this drive from the Downgrade Enabled Firmwares group inlcuded in your zip?

The DE_ASUS_BC-12D2HT_3.00.bin should be fine to become UHD friendly, right?

Thank you very much!!!

3.02 is what I use on my BW-16D1HT and I've been using it for over a year now with that with zero issues.

The ASUS drives are mostly rebadged LG so it'll work on the LG drives, as well.

Great! thank you. Tomorrow I'll receive the Asus drive and I'll flash it the LG 3.02.

It's the other way around afaik, you flash an LG one to the Asus one.

That entire topic is dedicated to the opposite of what you want to do.

I made my LG BH16NS55 1.02 an ASUS BW16D1HT 3.02

If you got yourself the asus one, you shouldnt need to (or want to) downgrade it to the LG firmware. Most people do the opposite (as they say the asus fw is slightly better/faster)

As said above, the ASUS drives are rebadged LG ones, meaning the internals are the same but they just slapped an asus front bezel on it and changed the firmware around. There also is no such thing as "LG 3.02" firmware. The 3.02 is the ASUS firmware, LG is 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 or 1.03 depending on the model.

Ok I understand, I just thought may be I will get The Asus drive with an "unfriendly" FW. My concern is to downgrade it to friendly one.

Do the Asus come these days with unfriendly FW? If that's the case can I downgrade to the Downgrade enabled 3.02 asus FW from this thread? Actually this was my first question but there is a suggestion to flash to a LG FW.

Sorry if my questions are not very clear.

I just want to enjoy my anydvd lifetime license with UHD discs with this drive.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

That i don't know, but if they do, i'm sure the process will be similar/identical except you'll need to select a different firmware to flash then (not the LG ones). But let's just wait & see what firmware your drive comes with first shall we? You may be stressing out over all this for nothing ;)

3.02 is what I use on my BW-16D1HT and I've been using it for over a year now with that with zero issues.

The ASUS drives are mostly rebadged LG so it'll work on the LG drives, as well.

I have two drives (BW-16D1HT) that came with 3.00. I've held off on updating since I've had no issues. Any valid reason to update to 3.02 in your opinion?

Ok I understand, I just thought may be I will get The Asus drive with an "unfriendly" FW. My concern is to downgrade it to friendly one.

Do the Asus come these days with unfriendly FW? If that's the case can I downgrade to the Downgrade enabled 3.02 asus FW from this thread? Actually this was my first question but there is a suggestion to flash to a LG FW.

Sorry if my questions are not very clear.

I just want to enjoy my anydvd lifetime license with UHD discs with this drive.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

You want to downgrade your ASUS drive to 3.02. No LG involved in that scenario meaning no cross-flashing. Once you get your drive, we can help with whatever you need to get it up and running.

I have two drives (BW-16D1HT) that came with 3.00. I've held off on updating since I've had no issues. Any valid reason to update to 3.02 in your opinion?

There's no real reason not to. It's faster ripping and probably has updated "media compatibility" (which as we know doesn't mean a whole lot). But the faster ripping is fun.

There's no real reason not to. It's faster ripping and probably has updated "media compatibility" (which as we know doesn't mean a whole lot). But the faster ripping is fun.

Thanks.

Since I use them just for reading rather than burning the updated media compatibility is irrelevant. I've definitely not been disappointed in the speeds when using to read discs. I guess I'll just continue to hold off until I find a real reason to update.

Amazing, thank you!

I'm getting from Amazon a ASUS BC-12D2HT and I guess it will have an "unfriendly" FW. What FW is recomended for this drive from the Downgrade Enabled Firmwares group inlcuded in your zip?

The DE_ASUS_BC-12D2HT_3.00.bin should be fine to become UHD friendly, right?

Thank you very much!!!

Perfect, so my first guess was accurate?

I should flash the DE asus 3.02 bin, right?

With the app of this thread?

Back