• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher

Most likely the blue laser is dead. Try a CD and if this works it's clearly the blue laser. CD is red laser.
I put a CD in and it recognized it and I can play it.
Tried another BD and I could hear it grinding grinding grinding...scanning scanning scanning....spinning spinning spinning....scanning scanning scanning....spinning spinning spinning...nothing.
I take it that means it's now DOA?
If so, any suggestions on where to get one that will work with AnyDVD w/UHD's?

Read this:

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634&sid=420aa4cd9dc5eb1df01c226e5ad797c6

For official LG drives and Pioneer drives AnyDVD needs the support of Makemkv. If you still burn discs get a Pioneer as they are the far better burbers. Check and write again before you buy.

What about Asus drives? I do burn discs. I also use a different program to rip any BD and UHD "Blu-Ray Ripper 0.2b.exe" is what I use.

Just looking for a drive to use to rip and burn.

Burning BD-R 50 you should get a Pioneer drive and read this:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the...urn-results-with-50gb-100gb-bd-r-dl-tl.86133/

a) If you get a Pioneer drive you have to be aware of that: it needs to have Makemkv installed
b) It will not work with DVDFab. Only with AnyDVD and Makemkv
c) If you don't like a) and b) get a LG BH16NS55 or ASUS BW16-D1HT whichever is cheaper. The hardware is identical and you can cross-flash it to either one. Be aware your burning results with BD-R 50 maybe bad. The reading performance of critical discs is also worse compared to Pioneer.

Make your choice.

Are you burning BD-R 50?
This program needs AnyDVD?
Burning BD-R 50 you should get a Pioneer drive and read this:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/the...urn-results-with-50gb-100gb-bd-r-dl-tl.86133/

a) If you get a Pioneer drive you have to be aware of that: it needs to have Makemkv installed
b) It will not work with DVDFab. Only with AnyDVD and Makemkv
c) If you don't like a) and b) get a LG BH16NS55 or ASUS BW16-D1HT whichever is cheaper. The hardware is identical and you can cross-flash it to either one. Be aware your burning results with BD-R 50 maybe bad. The reading performance of critical discs is also worse compared to Pioneer.

Make your choice.

Wait a minute - I have 3 BD drives and one is the WH16NS40. It's never been able to read a UHD but it's on the list.
Am I able to flash that one to have it read UHD's?

Wait a minute - I have 3 BD drives and one is the WH14NS40. It's never been able to read a UHD but it's on the list.
Am I able to flash that one to have it read UHD's?
Yes, of course. Follow my tutorial. If the chip is a MT1959.

Yes, of course. Follow my tutorial. If the chip is a MT1959.
It is but I find the tutorial a little confusing.
I can't tell if I need to select the 'esc' box?
And is it a matter of just d/l MakeMKV - installing it. Then closing out of it (after it runs) - Running SDFToolFlasher v1.3.5 - choosing the WH16NS40 - then selecting the HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.05-NM00900-212005061440.bin file and clicking "write"?

PS - my current drive is running 1.04

Just do it. If enc is required it should check it automatically. Once flashed enc is never needed any more and you can cross-flash it to Asus 3.10.

Just do it. If enc is required it should check it automatically. Once flashed enc is never needed any more and you can cross-flash it to Asus 3.10.
Do I need to flash it to Asus 3.10 or to HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_WH16NS40-NS50-1.05-NM00900-212005061440.bin since it's the WH16NS40 drive I'm looking to now use for UHD's?

Doesn't matter. Pick what you like.
Well - doesn't matter regarding the 'enc' option since I can't see it. The icon when I run the program is 'smushed' and no way to resize the box. I just flashed the WH w/the WH FW and now i'll reboot.

Flashed it to the WH f/w - and I got the same error I was getting before re: the Black Adam 4K disc! So that's a positive result!
I'll be burning to a disc within a few weeks so I trust it will still perform as it has.
My 4K discs are in my other room (that I know rip) so at some point I'll drag one out to test but it must be working since it didn't recognize the disc before the fw change.
And my Asus is still DOA.

Report back... and put an UHD in the drive.
Also I was wrong - I use AnyDVDHD to rip the ISO files. The other program I use to strip out everything but the movie, HD audio and subtitles (if necessary).

Ok. It works and you can cross-flash it to ASUS if you like. Then bury your other ASUS. RIP!

Back