• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

AKIRA_UPK75 -- OPD: BD_4e03b2103f3f

Akira 4K release purchased on Amazon.ca -- NO HDR!! I will have to get the disc replaced by Funimation by mail...

This appears to be an American release as it has no French description nor does it show Canadian parental ratings. UPC 704400103599

--michael

AKIRA_UPK75 -- OPD: BD_4e03b2103f3f

Akira 4K release purchased on Amazon.ca -- NO HDR!! I will have to get the disc replaced by Funimation by mail...

This appears to be an American release as it has no French description nor does it show Canadian parental ratings. UPC 704400103599

--michael

Michael,

Two things...

It seems like you're sending the disc back to be replaced. If so, it would be better to wait for the replacement disc as it may have a different OPD Id, no?

Unless, you plan on keeping both this disc and a replacement.

Also, I'm not clear if this should have US or Canada as country of release.

I'll go ahead and add it in for now and list it as Amazon Canada.

If you get a replacement that's different and/or you think it should be listed as US, let me know...

The List is re-posted.

T

Hi @testiles, Funimation rushed out the Akira 4K release in North America and Europe, and somehow decided not to include HDR video on those releases. But the Japanese release DOES have HDR10 -- that makes no sense to me at all, but there you go, it's what they did. Crazy!

Funimation has said it will send a replacement disc, some time after February 2021, to all North American and European purchasers who email them proof of purchase and a photo of their UHD disc. Or, you can mail them your disc and they'll send a replacement after February.

I've sent my email with proof of purchase and a photo of the UHD disc that was in my box. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breath. I wonder what the replacement process does to their profit margin?

In the meantime, my disc is processed by other tools and I've been able to watch some of it. Looks good but I do notice the lack of HDR in some dark scenes.

Cheers,

--michael

Funimation rushed out the Akira 4K release in North America and Europe, and somehow decided not to include HDR video on those releases. But the Japanese release DOES have HDR10 -- that makes no sense to me at all, but there you go, it's what they did. Crazy!

Yeah, that's crazy.

HDR is a fundamental part of any major UHD release, so I don't get that either.

I've sent my email with proof of purchase and a photo of the UHD disc that was in my box. We'll see what happens.

Sounds like you intend to retain the non-HDR disc so it makes sense to have it on the UN-supported List.

Thanks,

T

Sounds like you intend to retain the non-HDR disc so it makes sense to have it on the UN-supported List.

Thanks,

T
My Akira 4k i posted in the previous page is the same release just purchased in the us and is non HDR. You do get to keep both discs with their HDR disc replacement program.

I understand HDR, but for the purposes of my setup, I'll take a 4k SDR for now. Also, they didn't advertise or promise the release would be in HDR. Apparently they had logistics issues with HDR which delayed it from being on this release, the offer to get the HDR version was posted right as this set released.

My Akira 4k i posted in the previous page is the same release just purchased in the us and is non HDR. You do get to keep both discs with their HDR disc replacement program.

Well, that's cool at least.

Provided they really do send out the replacements. LOL!

for the purposes of my setup, I'll take a 4k SDR for now.

So it's a moot point for you, then!

they didn't advertise or promise the release would be in HDR.

Interesting point.

But I think nowadays people pretty much expect any main stream UHD disc to include HDR.

T

Well, that's cool at least.

Provided they really do send out the replacements. LOL!

Haha this is a valid notion, but I've done disc replacements with them and they're good about follow through.

I have 4k TVs in other rooms, but my main setup is a 120" projection screen with an LG ultra short throw 1080p laser projector. Someday i hope to get the 4k one, but this does the job well.

Haha this is a valid notion, but I've done disc replacements with them and they're good about follow through.

LOL!

Noted!

my main setup is a 120" projection screen with an LG ultra short throw 1080p laser projector.

Sounds nice!!

Someday i hope to get the 4k one, but this does the job well.

I'm sure you'll upgrade when you're so inclined.

But I get the impression you are really enjoying your current set-up right now. ;)

T

I'll wait to pick that up when the replacements are out. That movie in HDR should be stunning. Maybe I'll grab it for my b-day.

Thanks. That's weird that another USA version of that movie has been found. Fun! :D

Thanks. That's weird that another USA version of that movie has been found. Fun! :D
Yea, sadly 4 of the movies in the set can't be decrypted. But looks like Wonder Woman was already submitted. How long does it usually take to see movies get added to the supported list?

There's no set amount of time. It can vary from a few days to months, unfortunately.

Guys,

Heads up...

I'll be leaving the site at 6pm today (in two hours) and will be offline all day tomorrow.

Back on Saturday.

T

MULAN -- OPD: BD_1e720432c69f

Yes, MR4KUHD, provide the country of release and it will be added in the next post (Saturday).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year, everyone!!!! :dance::coolman::dance:

T

Back