• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video license creation failure - 1.0.6.1

radiah

This just happened to two movies in a row on Amazon. I got a video license creation failure notice. First issue I've ever had with AnyStream! Dump file attached.
Radiah

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.1_Dump_20201117043919.astdmp
    628.9 KB · Views: 3
This started happening to me over night as well. But I'm specifically getting the notices for pay content channels through Amazon, and only episodes like Game of Thrones (HBO) or Star Trek Picard (CBS All Access). I'm not getting the license issue for movies, even if they're provided by HBO through Amazon. Recording a movie from HBO right now, via Amazon.

But I seem to be completely unable to record any episodic show, if its not directly hosted by Amazon right now.

[edit]
To add a bit of additional information, I rebooted my system and tried to record Game of Thrones s2e1 again. I get the same license error. But I can record s1e1. Recorded all of season 1 yesterday.

Previously recorded Picard from CBS All Access via Amazon but this morning I got the "Video License could not be processed" error. Still getting it.

Still able to record content hosted directly by Amazon, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer s1e1 which I'm recording right now.

Last edited:
Mission Impossible Season 2 Episodes 1-18 downloaded fine the day prior but today, I tried to download episode 19 and got the message "video license could not be processed" RedFox, are you aware of this problem and are you working to fix it?

FWIW, I have not had the issue since the time I reported it. Seems like it may be some gremlin in Amazon's network, rather than anything specific with AnyStream. Maybe their network just gets too overloaded? I enabled the viewing of actions in Anystream and was able to view that it actually got the video license, but then choked waiting for the audio license. This is what made me think it could be congestion at Amazon rather than some problem with AnyStream. Possibly need to wait longer for the license to be authorized?

You have raised an interesting possibility. Yesterday, I tried to continue downloading Mission Impossible season 2 episodes 19 and up and kept getting the same message. Finally, I repeatedly closed and reopened the AnyStream software and the third time I opened it, I was able to continue downloading the rest if the episodes without error. Carol Burnette season 6 starting with episode 1 giving me the same video license creation error. However as of the time of that I am entering this reply, I just tried to download Carol Burnette season 6 episode 1 and now AnyStream has crashed and is generating a report. The crash message says "AnyStream encountered an exception and therefore created a file with analysis information at C:\Users\Zeth\AppData\Local\Temp\AnyStream_1.0.6.0_Dump_20201123142328.astdmp". Going to send this in to support for them to analyze.

Attach the dump here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Here you go.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.0_Dump_20201123142328.astdmp
    822.2 KB · Views: 0
That beta doesn't fix the "audio/video license creation request failed" though.

Thank you for the link to the beta, I tried it earlier as suggested by RedFox support. It does not fix the audio/video processing error message, therefore I uninstalled it and reinstalled 1.0.6.0. When a new beta comes out, I will be happy to try it. I am willing to be patient as this is evolving software. The programmers are pretty good at what they do.

While the beta doesn't fix the license issue, it's still recommended to install the beta, as it fixed a very big issue with 'missing' audio tracks on the Netflix side.

Thank you, I don't subscribe to Netflix so I didn't notice that issue. However, if I do decide to get Netflix, then I will install 1.0.6.1 but until then, I will wait for the next beta.

The next beta will include all previous fixes , so that one too.

Just tried again using 1.0.6.1. Was attempting to download Carol Burnette Season 6 Episode 1. First attempt "video license could not be processed". Closed out the software, reopened the software made another attempt
then the crash happened. I am attaching the dump file created. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.1_Dump_20201124174922.astdmp
    823.2 KB · Views: 0
Back