• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trial License

ZARTT

When this product was first released, I downloaded the initial version, and started a 21 day trial.
My content provider is Netflix, and of the 21 days, I would guess that I got about 8 to 10 days of spotty unreliable performance.
As of the date my trial expired, and going forward, there have been releases of the software that allegedly fixed the Netflix logon, and throughput problems that I was experiencing earlier.
I made a request of the support staff to see if I could revive my trial license, and determine if now the program would be of value to me.
That was a week ago, and since then there has been no response from anyone on staff.
So now I will ask in the open forum:
Are the license gurus willing to revive my trial license, so that I can make an educated decision regarding the purchase of a timed license?
I have been a longtime supporter of your project, having purchased a couple of lifetime tickets, so I think that sort of qualifies me as a user of quaility.
Art.

Last edited by a moderator:
When this product was first released, I downloaded the initial version, and started a 21 day trial.
My content provider is Netflix, and of the 21 days, I would guess that I got about 8 to 10 days of spotty unreliable performance.
As of the date my trial expired, and going forward, there have been releases of the software that allegedly fixed the Netflix logon, and throughput problems that I was experiencing earlier.
I made a request of the support staff to see if I could revive my trial license, and determine if now the program would be of value to me.
That was a week ago, and since then there has been no response from anyone on staff.
Are the license gurus willing to revive my trial license, so that I can make an educated decision regarding the purchase of a timed license?
I have been a longtime supporter of your project, having purchased a couple of lifetime tickets, so I think that sort of qualifies me as a user of quaility.
Art.
wrong sub forum, I will move it to the correct one.

Art.
All our users are users of quality. That said, and I just want to understand the question, we have betas and add new things and fix things on our programs on a consistent basis. Are you saying that every time the software has an update you would like your trial extended? Just trying to understand. also its very odd for the support staff not to answer a query. Have you checked your spam folders, maybe it wound up there. It does happen.

Last edited:
That is not what I am asking at all.
I am fully aware of what a beta release is, and I understand how new software will have teething problems, and I can live with that.
What I originally wanted was performance that would convince me that this software could become a part of my hobby portfolio.
What I got in the first release, and subsequent betas, and fixes, and before my trial expired was, speed throttling, Netflix sign on, and Netflix password problems.
Not exactly helpful in making my decision.
Now it is claimed on the forum that the current beta is stable, and has fixed the problems I have encountered.
I am not looking for a handout here. I don't understand how you reached the conclusion that I wanted another license every time a fix or a beta is released.
I reread my original post, and I can't see where I said anything that would imply that idea.
My only request is to have my trial either extended, or revived, now that the Netflix problem is in the past, so I can make a purchase decision.
Art.

Again I didn’t mean to say that that you were looking for anything as I said I was just trying to understand your question you said you had eight or 10 days of spotty performance that means you had 11 days of premium performance and that should’ve been enough to give you an idea how the program works and knowing that all those things are behind us now in my personal opinion that should be enough to make a decision on whether to buy the program or not. But that’s just my opinion not the companies. Have you looked in your spam folder for an answer from the company? Like I said they are very good at replying to customers and that means all customers. Just one question in the 10 days that you has good performance from the program did you like it? Did you see how it worked. Yes we had some issues with logging on one side of the program, The Netflix side, The Amazon side always worked great. My only question is in the beginning when you started your trial you said you had a few if not 10 days of good performance, and I am just interested to know if you liked the program then. Thank you for all your feedback

I think that you are misunderstanding my description of the overall problem
I never meant to imply that the first 10 days of the trial was poor performance, and the next 11 days was premium performance.
It didn't go that way.
In my estimation there was never any premium Netflix performance period for me.
When the first problem (throttling) appeared to have been fixed, then another cropped up (logon), a beta was released, and then a third problem appeared (Netflix password).
The next fix/beta release (1.0.4) appeared to have solved the Netflix password problem, but my trial expired at the same time.
So, my experience was like always waiting for the other shoe to drop, there was no golden period.
Also, I personally do not know if all of the Netflix difficulties are behind us now , because I don't have a license to trial that fact.
All that I am asking for is a extension, maybe 7 days of drama free operation, and then I will have a better feeling regarding a timed ticket.
And, no there is no response in any of my spam buckets from the license staff, and it has been about 7-8 days.
To be clear, I am a firm supporter of the Red Fox Project, I started with Sly Fox in 2007, and transitioned to Red Fox when you guys bravely took on the project after Mr. Bettini went into the wind.
I rest my case.
Art.

I guess what mixed me up was and I quote "
My content provider is Netflix, and of the 21 days, I would guess that I got about 8 to 10 days of the spotty unreliable performance.
That implied to me that the rest of the trial was fine. The new trial only gives you and I quote from the main page
The free 21-day trial version of AnyStream is limited to approximately 10 downloads. You have a quota of 10 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every day. This amounts to a maximum of 31 downloads over the trial period of 21 days.
So with that said, lets see what the Staff has to say. I can assure you that the program is working just fine as you can see on the forum postings.

Back