• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DeUHD Tool can rip UHD Blu-Ray discs

Do most of the 4k discs have differences based on country?
Yes. But more "continent", not "country".
I kinda assumed that they would be the same since they are not region locked.
Different distributors, different versions. But all region lock free. But even if it is the same studio / distributor, US and rest of the world versions are usually different.

Do most of the 4k discs have differences based on country? I kinda assumed that they would be the same since they are not region locked.

As mentioned above, they're published by entirely different studios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

James did you try the sgx loophole to spit out the authorization key to look into the enclave? I mentioned this 3 months ago that someone with intel brute forced attacked with the proper frequency clock would cause the kaby lake processor to reveal the master key to see what's going on in the protected areas of the cpu

My first test (trial version):

- Der Marsianer (The Martian)
- LG BE16NU50
- CPU Intel Celeron G1840 2.80GHz
- 16GB RAM
- SSD

Rip to ISO in 2:45h

So it seems that it doesn't matter, which CPU is installed in your PC.
I will do an additional test with my Notebook - i5-7200U CPU Kaby Lake, 8GB, SSD

My first test (trial version):

- Der Marsianer (The Martian)
- LG BE16NU50
- CPU Intel Celeron G1840 2.80GHz
- 16GB RAM
- SSD

Rip to ISO in 2:45h

So it seems that it doesn't matter, which CPU is installed in your PC.
I will do an additional test with my Notebook - i5-7200U CPU Kaby Lake, 8GB, SSD

No why would it matter which CPU?

it doesnt for ripping, however it DOES for playback. Retail UHD discs require a kaby lake processor due to the built in h265 support. Mandatory due to intel SGX

it doesnt for ripping, however it DOES for playback. Retail UHD discs require a kaby lake processor due to the built in h265 support. Mandatory due to intel SGX

Yup unless you use DeUHD to remove the SGX flag.

Those results are interesting, but unfortunately, that won't help uncovering AES keys. RSA has a strong "timing signature".

Yup unless you use DeUHD to remove the SGX flag.

Before this becomes "common knowlege": there is no such thing as an "SGX flag".

PowerDVD is required to do all decryption as secure as possible and keep keys in an SGX enclave.
When PowerDVD doesn't have to decrypt, SGX is implicitly not required.
There's no "Flag" requiring SGX (what would a hw player do? They don't even have SGX).

Those results are interesting, but unfortunately, that won't help uncovering AES keys. RSA has a strong "timing signature".

Before this becomes "common knowlege": there is no such thing as an "SGX flag".

PowerDVD is required to do all decryption as secure as possible and keep keys in an SGX enclave.
When PowerDVD doesn't have to decrypt, SGX is implicitly not required.
There's no "Flag" requiring SGX (what would a hw player do? They don't even have SGX).

Ahhh so that's it. I stand corrected. Thanks.

Hi happyguy82,
Yep, after decrypt DeUHD you will be able to read disc, but only the main file m2ts of the movie, not the complete structure, extra menu etc.

Hi happyguy82,
Yep, after decrypt DeUHD you will be able to read disc, but only the main file m2ts of the movie, not the complete structure, extra menu etc.
If you have the full version of the software and one of the supported discs then you will be able to decrypt the full disc and play it back in full disk mode

If you have the full version of the software and one of the supported discs then you will be able to decrypt the full disc and play it back in full disk mode

Ahh one would have hoped so, otherwise the software would be a con

Hi Adbear,
Tested version DeUHD complete, hardware use for read disc fully compatible UHD:
I7 Kaby Lake 7700
ASRock Z270 Gaming Fatal1ty ITX/ac
Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
PowerDVD 17
The decrypted disk is fully read, menu, extra, with HDR.

Tested not compatible hardware
I5 Haswell 4400 3,10 Ghz
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
LG BH16NS55
PowerDVD 17

PowerDVD loads the disk, but then fails, selecting the main m2ts file is executed.

Last edited:
Hi Adbear,
Tested version DeUHD complete, hardware use for read disc fully compatible UHD:

[...]

Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK

[...]

PowerDVD loads the disk, but then fails, selecting the main m2ts file is executed.

AFAIK, no Pioneer drives work with DeUHD.

Back