• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blades of glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snikes, I like it!!! So does this replace all the existing structural protection code? Or will it co-exist with the existing functionality?

And will it address this issue with Clonecd backups as well?

"- Fix: Discs created with CloneDVD did not play on some DVD player models"

I would imagine so, but, you'd have to let the Slysoft boys in the secret skunk works project room answer that one. :D This stuff ROCKS, IMO. I'm very impressed with this concept.

No, this has nothing to do with structural / bad sector protections.
This will be fixed independently... ;)

No, this has nothing to do with structural / bad sector protections.
This will be fixed independently... ;)

I didn't read what he quoted there carefully enough. Yea, that's another issue entirely, but, CloneCD shouldn't be affected by it though assuming the original is mastered correctly, no?

Snikes, I like it!!! So does this replace all the existing structural protection code? Or will it co-exist with the existing functionality?
No, you have to to tick a check box to use it, for two reasons:
1.) This new scanner is very complex, so it might need some revisions to be 100% stable, although I am confident that it will work quite well on the first try.

2.) It will be slower. How much slower depends on the disc it is looking at. But a scan can take up to 1 minute (worst case, I hope). Average time should be below 20 seconds.

1.) This new scanner is very complex, so it might need some revisions to be 100% stable, although I am confident that it will work quite well on the first try.

2.) It will be slower. How much slower depends on the disc it is looking at. But a scan can take up to 1 minute (worst case, I hope). Average time should be below 20 seconds.

Nice :) The option is still VERY VERY sweet to have. You guys rock!

I didn't read what he quoted there carefully enough. Yea, that's another issue entirely, but, CloneCD shouldn't be affected by it though assuming the original is mastered correctly, no?
CloneCD will be affected in the same way as it is now when you enable removal of "protections based on unreadable sectors".

CloneCD will be affected in the same way as it is now when you enable removal of "protections based on unreadable sectors".

Ohhhhh, right. I forgot that it's actually modifying the image. Yea, that bites then.

So it will be a beta version?

Yes, I know what issue it is and I didn't think it through very carefully that AnyDVD modifies the image on the fly, so, it will indeed be affected. But, James said they'll fix it, so, that's good. ImgBurn still hasn't been updated publicly to fix it, either.
I hope they keep updating ImgBurn, it is a nice app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back