• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tried CloneBD

R

rotty dog

I usually use free s/w to change format but I thought I would download and test Elby CloneBD to produce an MKV from BD.

I could not see any way to do basic settings such as:

Set average Video Bit rate
De-Interlace settings
Crop settings
Filters (Noise, de-comb etc)
Forced Subtitle
And a heap more

Am I missing how to do this in CloneBD.

Also, I had to put the resulting MKV file through MergeMKV to bring the Audio into sync.

Im sure its me, can someone show me where these settings are.

Thanks

Nope Rotty its not there, they made so newbies could use this easily, its not like Vidcoder at all.

Ah Thanks Redfox, I thought I was being stupid.

Yes I can see now why it is like this.

The result was certainly fine, (apart from sync) and very easy to use.

Horses for courses.

Note that there ARE plans to add more "expert options", but the will be hidden away more or less.
The big majority of users just wants the stuff to do what they want with more or less "a single click" and don't care much about getting confused by technichal stuff the don't understand anyway.
But since there are some who want it all, there will be more options, once the basic features are done (like 3D-BD).

Speaking of 3d bd, any news on full backup support for those?

Thanks for reply Pete.

Yes that would be great, but I totally understand now why its like it is.

I would/do use those options as im sure do others, but, as it is, it opens conversion up to people that have never done this before and with good results.

The only thing I would say for beginners is perhaps the audio sync problem needs looking at.

Horses for courses.
You might not believe me Rotty, but I would bet 90% of the users do not have the knowledge you have. And the fact is that they dont even want to learn, they want the program to do it for them. Personally I dont blame them. The easier the better. Aside from a few little things the program works great. I really like it.

Yes I totally agree, I like it.

Its great, easy to use, good results.

I think its a job well done.

The only thing I found that a beginner would not easily be able to do is to correct the audio sync.
BUT how on Earth could that be presented easily to a beginner.

Im well impressed with the way the whole thing is presented and made easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not noticed an Audio Sync issue. Maybe I'm not looking (listening) hard enough.
Are you seeing this on all your movie rips? Is it the always the same amount of offset?

It sounds like RedFox 1 agrees with you that this is a problem (at least some times). Is this something that is being worked on - is there a fix coming?

I have not noticed an Audio Sync issue. Maybe I'm not looking (listening) hard enough.
Are you seeing this on all your movie rips? Is it the always the same amount of offset?

It sounds like RedFox 1 agrees with you that this is a problem (at least some times). Is this something that is being worked on - is there a fix coming?
Yes, I would bet very soon, and its only on a few discs.

Actually I have encountered the out of sync with at least 50% of new releases.

Superman vs Batman, I am Wrath, Divergent Allegiant Region 1

Last edited:
Actually I have encountered the out of sync with at least 50% of new releases.
Are you using the most recent version as well that's found here:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/clonebd-1-0-8-8.70621/
And here's the exe link if you want it.
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupCloneBD.exe
I am using 1.0.8.8. The program does not show the last .70621 so I can't tell you that, no way to confirm but I re-downloaded last week.
That number is the post count number and has nothing to do with the version of cloneBD. Sorry for the confusion. I just wanted to give you a link to the thread. But if you click the info button in cloneBD and it says 1.0.8.8. then you have the latest version. I also mentioned that because there's alot of changes in it.
Now are you sure it's an out if sync or a echo effect. Are you downconverting the audio or lossless. If you are downconverting audio open the settings for AnyDVDHD and make sure that the check box for removing cinivia watermark when downconverting is NOT checked. Should be the bottom one in that list. If you are downconverting audio and not wanting to remove cinivia watermark then it should not be enabled as it doesn't know whether it has it or not and applies the removal fix regardless. The one for software players can stay enabled all the time as it has no effect on cloneBD. If you are not sure what a setting does or is for right-clicking on it will give you a more detailed explanation in most cases.

Last edited:
I am using 1.0.8.8. The program does not show the last .70621 so I can't tell you that, no way to confirm but I re-downloaded last week. The current download is the exact same bit size.

Superman vs Batman, I am Wrath, Divergent Allegiant
I have done lossless video & audio MKV's of two of those (Batman Vs Superman UE , and Allegiant) and have seen no sync issues when playing in PDVD,VLC, Roku, or a LG standalone player using USB port. And they were done with a older version of cloneBD. I can do a new one of BvS UE to see if I can reproduce that too.

Last edited:
I do mp4 not mkv. I have no desire to convert twice. Works fine with another product but slower. Agreed the prior version did not have this issue, guess I have to roll back. I convert first to ISO then to mp4. I have the same issue from both ISO to mp4 or disc to mp4. I can use the ISO with another program and it is fine.

Last edited:
That is important information but there should be no difference between a MKV or MP4 as far as the audio sync goes. Do you know how to make logfile for cloneBD . If you would start a MP4 conversion of the movie's you are having issues with let it finish or abort and create a CBD logfile and post them here for the dev team to look at.
I also have done some recent conversion's with 1.0.8.8. as well with no issues. So a rollback is not a good idea and will not help you solve your issue. As it may be something to do with your setup or settings.

You also didn't answer if you had the cinivia watermark removal selected either. As that will effect the audio output too of anything not done as LOSSLESS. The fact that you say it worked previously and with another program makes me think you have that selected because only CBD can use it.
The only reason I do MKV over MP4 is the selectable sub's option. So they don't have to be burned in. You also don't have to process the whole movie you can just select a section of it to do especially if it's there the whole time.

Yes I have turned cinivia off in AnyHDDVD. Meaning both of the options with that verbiage are checked. I tried version 1.0.4 with no better luck so I restored 1.0.8.8. No I do not know how to make a CloneBD logfile. I don't think there is an issue with the anyDVD setting in that a ISO file created with cloneBD coverts fine with other software to mp4

Last edited:
Back