• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it would be help for the users, that one of the AnyDVD ex-developers could posts the right MD5/SHA256 hash value of the last original AnyDVD 7.6.9.0 installation package file here in the forum
If the file is digitally signed by SlySoft, Inc. - right-click on it>Properties>Digital Signatures - it will be fine/untouched. If the file should have been altered somehow, the DS will be missing.

These are the hashes for 7.6.9.0 that I downloaded from SlySoft:
CRC32: DFE28648
MD5: A01302BA579A8065FB0737A27532D4C3
SHA-1: FFEF06F772D126288B2CF14CE47517E6F3BEA242
SHA-256: DAF5FCB836D8CA2A59B7A8B787D7BD41360F19AA1EB8DC41EBFEAC3999DA40CF

They also match the download in my signature.

Last edited:
Fully support coming back. I'd recommend doing annual subscriptions to keep the funds flowing in to ensure the new reincarnation doesn't run into trouble. The lack of decryption is changing the way i have access and don't want to experience it again!

I wonder what this is going to do to sales of Plex Passes?

There's something else to consider here as well...Remember that at one time, MP3s where also crippled with DRM. Public pressure and poor sales prompted the record companies to remove DRM. Perhaps without an easy to use tool such as AnyDVD, will cause consumers to put similar pressure on MPAA to remove DRM? A lot of the same companies who own the music also own the video...So they've been through this before.

How about including a disclaimer stating something like this product is meant for buyer to make (1) backup of DVD's or Bluray movies they purchased (which is allowed in US and elsewhere) and misuse of the product is a violation of the agreement. Could maybe deflect the heat away from product?? Just an idea :)

Last edited:
That won't work, as has already been said before, it makes no difference if you have a right to make a back up of your discs, it's the circumvention of the encryption that causes the problem, that's the illegal part.
You can easily make a 'legal' copy of a Blu-ray but that leaves the encryption in place and therefore is useless.

That won't work, as has already been said before, it makes no difference if you have a right to make a back up of your discs, it's the circumvention of the encryption that causes the problem, that's the illegal part.
You can easily make a 'legal' copy of a Blu-ray but that leaves the encryption in place and therefore is useless.

I am not versed in legal backup copy or underlying copy protection schemes. Does this mean BD players check in when a movie is played to see if same disc "key/serial number" is being played from lots of locations so is then blocked from playing? I'm on way to web to research.

registered just to say I would be on board with any kind of relaunch effort. it might be legally prudent to fork the OPD into a standalone service which has paid subscriptions (and some legal firewalling) and a product along the same lines as imgburn which could use the OPD services to decrypt discs and create ISOs/folders.

Right that's where the disclaimer comes in. Sold with stated use of once per disc, violating that stated policy is not suppliers problem, but the user who doesn't adhere to disclaimer. Have seen them used for other "questionable" products and practices. A few words to that effect certainly can't hurt.

I am not versed in legal backup copy or underlying copy protection schemes. Does this mean BD players check in when a movie is played to see if same disc "key/serial number" is being played from lots of locations so is then blocked from playing? I'm on way to web to research.
No, that's not how it works. Along with the AACS and other encryptions each original disc has a 'BDROM' mark on a part of the disc that can't be copied. If that BDROM mark is missing then the player won't decrypt the AACS which is why you can't just copy a disc with the encryption in place and have it work

Damn, this sucks! AnyDVD was the only thing keeping me on Windows. I hope you guy can revive the whole Slysoft suite, without it I don't know what I'm going to do. AnyDVD is/was like a member of my family, I know this was James' baby and I hope he, peer and the rest of the team find some resolution for all this. It was very nice to get to know some of you forum members and I wish you all the best. I'm switching over to Linux with a Windows virtual machine (just for AnyDVD decryption) to concentrate on building CyanogenMod and a few other projects. Take care guys :)

Right that's where the disclaimer comes in. Sold with stated use of once per disc, violating that stated policy is not suppliers problem, but the user who doesn't adhere to disclaimer. Have seen them used for other "questionable" products and practices. A few words to that effect certainly can't hurt.
You're still not understanding how it works, if it was that easy then Slysoft would have done that.
It's not legal in any way to circumvent the encryption on the discs so no matter what disclaimer you put in the software what you are actually doing is illegal.
You may have a right to make a backup of your disc, but as has already been stated multiple times, you do not have a legal right to break the encryption

Count on me too, I will continue to support the products I owned already, please keep us informed how we could help !!!

It's not legal in any way to circumvent the encryption on the discs
Interestingly enough, in some countries you are allowed to legally circumvent the encryption as long as it is for personal use. It is the circumvention tools that you are not allowed to build/sell.

Me
You're still not understanding how it works, if it was that easy then Slysoft would have done that.
It's not legal in any way to circumvent the encryption on the discs so no matter what disclaimer you put in the software what you are actually doing is illegal.
You may have a right to make a backup of your disc, but as has already been stated multiple times, you do not have a legal right to break the encryption

Meant to be part of the process moving on, just one more layer of possible protection from authorities. Maybe it doesn't mean much, but can be said users are breaking the agreement and it's not their fault. maybe a legal mind needs to do it.

I have seen things like that used I imagine to deflect the blame of abuse elsewhere. It is meant to decrypt one purchased movie per user and should say so. That is not illegal in US. Just an idea. Brainstorming is a good thing. Lots of it happening right here in this thread. Maybe it's useful, maybe it isn't.

Interestingly enough, in some countries you are allowed to legally circumvent the encryption as long as it is for personal use. It is the circumvention tools that you are not allowed to build/sell.
Must only be in a few countries, and I bet the USA isn't on that list

I've had a lifetime license since 2008 and just registered to the forums to say, you can count me in!

Yep, it's OK to do it but you can't have the tools o_O

Must only be in a few countries, and I bet the USA isn't on that list

US is on that list. (1) backup of a purchased movie is indeed allowed. Since all movies are protected, decryption is the only way to do it. So how can one make their legal backup without a way to decrypt their purchase?

Last edited:
US is on that list. (1) backup of a purchased movie is indeed allowed.
That's not the list we were referring to, we were referring to the list of countries where it's allowed to break the encryption they are 2 different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back