• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly worked on AnyDVD, this is my "baby". I can push this forward. I can build CloneCD, but the code is still a little mystery to me. Maybe I can finally add BD burning, but do people really need this?

I use CloneCD a lot and would really like 2 see it being brought back to life also. Think that improvements to it would be really appreciated.

And for the software AnyXD. The user can then fill the X as he pleases

- DV: making it AnyDVD again for standard version
- H: making it AnyHD for bluray too
- UH: for a possible future uhd / 4k capable version.

:)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Count my support in! I am real good at asking all the dumb questions that drive people like James and Ch3v nuts! :ROFLMAO: Been doing it since the early days of CloneDVD and AnyDVD, then AnyDVDHD, and only recently, CloneBD. (Well, wadda ya know..I got it right again! I must be slipping. :eek:)

MC

Forum renamed to RedFox.Forum - Nice :)
Love the new/enhanced logo too!

Last edited:
I, who has been active on the forums for slysoft since the times over at cdfreaks when the slysoft forum didn't even exist, would love to see that.

If you guys kick on where you left off (and I sure hope you do), I'll gladly buy another 'lifetime' license. So long as you promise to release SlyPlayer, in February... :LOL:

The show must go on!

Been using for so long I can't remember exactly how long, but I'd buy again and contribute to a kickstarter effort.

Just wondering. As everyone knows, finances will play a big part if the development team do get to continue. I do not know how things are set up with Elby and CloneDVD. My thought is, would it be feasible to perhaps develop your own DVD copy software and sell along with AnyDVD. It appears the copy software does not need to be updated that much. Many people might be willing to purchase that also, especially if you are not able or choose not to give support for CloneDVD. I would trade in a sheep for a fox. As I said this might not even be feasible. Good luck.

I see no need honestly to create a DVD product when CloneDVD itself works perfectly and is in no danger of being stopped. The less products they have to maintain, the more they can dedicate the limited resources they'll have to maintain and improve anydvd.

@NOKNOT - The Fox & Sheep are practically married. I cant see them getting divorced any time soon - they're are and always will be a match made in heaven. They were made for each other.
Not to mention sales of CloneDVD through SlySoft earned them some money too - hopefully that would continue.

And for the software AnyXD. The user can then fill the X as he pleases

- DV: making it AnyDVD again for standard version
- H: making it AnyHD for bluray too
- UH: for a possible future uhd / 4k capable version.

:)

AnyDisc would also be an option. :D

Any future efforts can count on my support, as well. I've been a lifetime key owner since 2006, and while I haven't posted on the forums very often in that time that's mostly due to the extraordinary product they offer, and how infrequently I've had any issues.

I don't have vast financial resources, but I can kick in a bit to a group fund for startup costs, and I'd be entirely willing to repurchase my AnyDVD (U)HD license under whatever name it's rebranded as.

As opposed as I usually am to subscription-based software (here's looking at you, Adobe), in the case of AnyDVD I've re-evaluated my opinion and decided I would be willing to pay an annual fee for updates for this software. Considering how much work goes into this program to keep it up to date with constantly evolving protections, lifetime entitlement to updates just doesn't really seem financially feasible or fair to James and the other developers. My primary dislike of subscription software are those examples of it where the software completely stops functioning after you cancel your subscription. If, however, you can continue using (in perpetuity) up to the latest version as of your cancellation date... and I believe this is always how the SlySoft subscription model worked... then I would be more than happy to pay a fee each year for another year's worth of updates. That's basically how Cakewalk's subscription model for SONAR works, as well... after a year of subscribing, you own the latest version of the software and can either pay for another year (upfront or in installments) or take some time off and come back to it later (still being eligible for an "upgrade" subscription price, being a previous owner).

Another good option for a revived AnyDVD would be the option to download an offline version of the OPD for those users who want to.

Last edited:
I do really keep my fingers crossed that we might see the fox get to life again! I'd like to buy a license as soon as possible to make up for my mistake of postponing getting a license for anydvd until it was too late. Yes, I was too careless and assumed the Fox would still be around when I finally buy my PC with Blu-ray support. I hope that this forum will remain open in order for me to get news regarding the issue. I'd even pay twice the price I would have had to pay on Friday.

Well, I do really hope that you devs can pull through. On the other hand, even though the forum was renamed, it's too early to be optimistic as there might be some nasty surprises around the corner regarding legal agreements between Slysoft and whatever party is responsible for the final shutdown. I think that party made sure that a resurrection would be made as hard as possible. I don't want to discourage anyone and do still hope for the best, but when big money and big politics get involved, usually someone gets crushed...

I guess it's not feasible to release this as a Linux program to circumvent legal problems regarding the code owned by Slysoft? Although James wrote something concerning the idea to get it running on PI, I guess rewriting the code would be too huge an effort to be in any way a current choice. Also considering the smaller userbase, this might even make matters worse. Well, I for myself wouldn't mind moving to Linux as long as I could watch and archive my Blu-rays.

I agree with other users who would like the OPD part included in each release so that EVERYTHING would continue to work up to the point of the current release and only newer discs would require the OPD. This would make me feel much more comfortable as I'd know that all the Blu-rays I currently own can be backed up with the Software I purchased.

In 2004 I started with lifetimes of CloneCD and CloneDVD sold in Cologne, Germany.
I followed the author first to Switzerland, than to Antigua.
Since then I bought lifetimes of AnyDVD, AnyDVD HD, and GameJackal.
All of them - with the exception of GameJackal - are running well for me.

*And yes, I would buy AnyDVD HD again.*
And - if needed - I would do or help with a German translation.

I haven't used GameJackal since years and don't think it makes sense today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back