• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mpls decoder for no commercial players

I look into this . nice output. The first step is to use streamwiter in create or read data into one file. Then read like this.

1 00540 345 567 346 2 00641 345 567 678 3 00542 ......

The data in the sample mpls has a char before each m2ts file in each mpls. I have to write code to create a nested array. Read each mpls in the movies playlist folder. Write my own data.text file and opening this file and reducing this file based upon time, then xxx box 1 xxx box 2 xxxbox 3.... Then declare dim array as string. Create a counter. Then rewrite the data.txt data.txt1 2 3 4 so on until search brings list to 1 line then tell cmd to Del temp files in temp directory. I will see if I can use this for times! Any text file can be read easy in vb. So all I need to do is properly format my main data file and the rest is easy. What I would like to do is have the program list the m2ts names and make then clickable for preview. Click on it and it will quickly popup in vlc for preview for quick scene reference. Then I want to add a duplicate option because some m2ts clips are duplicted purposely to throw off users to find the correct playlist order. Summertim used this technic. The movie I use in my videos is mockinjay prt 1 by the way..... And users are still struggling with this movie. :0d not to brag but its been in my htpc for overeen 2 weeks now. What scares me is screenpass is now stopping the movie before after the play button is press! Black screens. I even checked to see if it would call a clipi or mpls or m2ts. It goes right to .java and stops. So I guess this is going to be the norm now for screen pass.

I don't know VB at all, but you need to open the .mpls file a a binary and break out the 'array' of data on a binary level. The structure of the .mpls has been fully reversed by cinemasquid (amongst others) and he has his c# source for BDinfo available. Basically the 'arrays' are variable (chapters, angles etc), and are addressed with pointers. Clown_BD BD copier is written in autohotkey, so I had to write all the routines from scratch.

BDInfo <--See TSPlaylistFile.cs

On a more humerous note though mockinjay prt 1 is better off unseen, so screenpass in this case has actually done most people a favour.

Last edited:
file does not exist.....

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks promising. I'll check it out on weekend

On a more humerous note though mockinjay prt 1 is better off unseen, so screenpass in this case has actually done most people a favour.

The Rental version has a "NEVER TO BE RETURNED" sticker on it.

The Rental version has a "NEVER TO BE RETURNED" sticker on it.

Wow....... if this playlist obsfuction is what is looking like now I feel sorry for slysoft. Looks like lots of logs and updates to come...... I guess my process monitor video instruction is not worth a sticky....too bad snooze you lose... videos almost 800 views and over 1100 views total on my htpc series. Guess people are looking for instruction on how to do this.

Wow....... if this playlist obsfuction is what is looking like now I feel sorry for slysoft. Looks like lots of logs and updates to come...... I guess my process monitor video instruction is not worth a sticky....too bad snooze you lose... videos almost 800 views and over 1100 views total on my htpc series. Guess people are looking for instruction on how to do this.

Hi General

Not sure how you took the "Never to be returned" post.
It was a joke, i.e. the Movie Mocking Jay PT1 is SO BAD, don't bother to return it. Nothing to do with obsfuction.

How is the S/W coming along.

As I work on this program ill update posted thread 1 video to keep you guys in the loop of how its going..... So if your interested read the first post and check out the video updates. I took some advice and changed the interface and started writing the program to output the textbox to a .txt file to reference the numbers to compare against all the mpls files and their individual m2ts files. Baby steps but its starting to have some form to it....

As I work on this program ill update posted thread 1 video to keep you guys in the loop of how its going..... So if your interested read the first post and check out the video updates. I took some advice and changed the interface and started writing the program to output the textbox to a .txt file to reference the numbers to compare against all the mpls files and their individual m2ts files. Baby steps but its starting to have some form to it....
I just read this thread briefly and reviewed your latest video so be patient if I've missed something. But why do you need to input all these possible playlists manually? Can't you use an open source API to read in all the possible playlists automatically? Also, I'm still not following how you are narrowing it down with text file comparisons either.
The ideal interface that I have in mind is a way to quickly scan all the pieces and parts of videos with a simple video player embedded in a GUI, eliminate playlists that are obviously out of sequence and narrow it down that way.

Some of the films are very clever obfuscation and make the cuts at scene changes so it's hard to detect areas with similar video making it more difficult to write algos that can automatically determine the correct sequence.

In the short term, I think it would be easier and more useful if you wrote something that used the process monitor and a licensed software player to find the correct playlist and simplify it into a GUI. Something like a simple window that just shows the current playlist That should be easy for you :).

Last edited:
I think it would be easier and more useful if you wrote something that used the process monitor and a licensed software player to find the correct playlist and simplify it into a GUI.

I don't agree. The process monitor method is already very easy and has a GUI. It also requires the user to have a licensed player and a system capable of BD playback (without AnyDVD).

I thought the original idea was good (enter m2ts scenes then program lists playlists that match)

I don't agree. The process monitor method is already very easy and has a GUI. It also requires the user to have a licensed player and a system capable of BD playback (without AnyDVD).

I thought the original idea was good (enter m2ts scenes then program lists playlists that match)

I agree that the original goal of doing it without a licensed player is great, I'm just saying that simplifying the process monitor method is much easier. The process monitor GUI is not really very friendly and that could be simplified to just a playlist window. i.e. an app that opens in the background and simply displays the current playlist that is running. No manual setup or filter settings, no scrolling, just the current playlist. One button operation type app.

Last edited:
I agree that the original goal of doing it without a licensed player is great, I'm just saying that simplifying the process monitor method is much easier. The process monitor GUI is not really very friendly and that could be simplified to just a playlist window. i.e. an app that opens in the background and simply displays the current playlist that is running. No manual setup or filter settings, no scrolling, just the current playlist. One button operation type app.

I still think process monitor is easy/friendly enough, it doesn't need time spent improving it.
Once the filter is setup, you don't need to touch it again. If you don't want to scroll, then setup a second filter to eliminate the additional mpls lines/output.

Guess we will agree to disagree on the friendliness of using the process monitor GUI. My thoughts were with something that you could market to the masses with minimal setup to use. IMHO Process monitor GUI is not something that you will get everyone to have the patience to learn how to use in order to find the occasional obfuscated correct playlists. A simplified GUI would open that up to a lot more users.
The only sure way to know the correct playlist is to either use a licensed player and process monitor or decode the java software that also points to the correct playlist. Manual methods are ok, but much more involved and should be longer term goals.

Guess we will agree to disagree on the friendliness of using the process monitor GUI. My thoughts were with something that you could market to the masses with minimal setup to use. IMHO Process monitor GUI is not something that you will get everyone to have the patience to learn how to use in order to find the occasional obfuscated correct playlists.

I guess so, it takes 10 seconds to add filters, once added it will then ask everytime you open the program to use the previous filters, you just click OK.
Play the movie in PowerDVD then look at the last mpls shown in the list. I can't see it needing to be much easier than that.

I guess so, it takes 10 seconds to add filters, once added it will then ask everytime you open the program to use the previous filters, you just click OK.
Play the movie in PowerDVD then look at the last mpls shown in the list. I can't see it needing to be much easier than that.
That's easy for you and I but not that easy for everyone who are just watching a movie and trying to figure out the current playlist :).

I would like to see the general1 design a software program that would NOT need the use of PowerDVD to find a valid movie only playlist.
I don't think that's possible. you need a commercial player to be able to find the correct playlist otherwise the copy protection wouldn't be an issue as it would play on any player

Sorry ddjmagic, I can't agree with that, I have seen wrong playlists on the first of the list and the last of the list, and correct playlist in the first of the list and last of the list in process monitor.

Using process monitor and powerDVD for finding the valid movie only playlist is not a smooth and no error process.

PowerDVD will always play the correct playlist (with AnyDVD disabled) and process monitor will always reveal that playlist last (unless you play something else), so it will never be wrong.

As for the Speedmenu method, you don't need process monitor as the Speedmenu tells you what playlist the feature is (in the right hand box of the menu)
Also the Speedmenu will never be correct on new discs that AnyDVD can't handle and still isn't always correct on non Screen Pass discs.

That's easy for you and I but not that easy for everyone who are just watching a movie and trying to figure out the current playlist :).

Maybe, though I still think its easy enough for novice (especially if following a guide/video).
Perhaps if a Process Monitor config was exported (with filters already setup) and uploaded for users to download, then the user can just import the config in Process Monitor and it is then ready to go.

Using process monitor and powerDVD for finding the valid movie only playlist is not a smooth and no error process.

Latest I've heard is that the "process monitor" method only works for sure with PDVD 14 which was the latest version, I think. But if process monitor shows an incorrect playlist that should translate to an incorrect playback on the player.
So the "process monitor" method should work for a licensed player that does play the correct playlists. Please correct me on that if untrue :).

Back