• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mpls decoder for no commercial players

I don't think the setting up of the filters in process monitor is the problem, it went smooth for me, the problem I had/have is the interaction between process monitor and powerDVD 13. Same tests at different times showed different results.

If Process Monitor is setup correctly and PowerDVD 13 can actually playback the disc without AnyDVD then I don't see how that is possible.
I've used both v13/14 and never had a problem. PowerDVD will always play the same playlist and process monitor will always reveal whatever it plays.

To be certain of getting the correct playlist from Proc Mon/PowerDVD you MUST do the following:

Use the original disk.

Set the filters (for convenience reasons i.e. easy result processing)

EXIT AnyDVD, running ANYDVD in any mode is NOT a good idea.
The reason for this is that this is the whole point of this method, you are using the Commercial player (PowerDVD14) to choose the correct MPLS using the Java prog on the disk without any other interfering s/w, just as it would in normal use.

Timing, i.e. letting the Proc Mon start reading at the correct point, again, this is just to make your result processing easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess so, it takes 10 seconds to add filters, once added it will then ask everytime you open the program to use the previous filters, you just click OK.
Play the movie in PowerDVD then look at the last mpls shown in the list. I can't see it needing to be much easier than that.
I agree.. LOL

With some of the tests and procedures PowerDVD 13 would not playback the protected BD-ROM disk. PowerDVD 13 would say, use something like you unprotected copy for playback. And, I have done so many tests I can't remember what source BD-ROM I used, but I used more than two BD-ROM's for testing.

Hi Eddie

A Commercial s/w player that is up to date with the latest AACS version etc will play any commercial disk (region permitting) without ANYDVD running, just like your stand alone player.

If you have ANYDVD running when you use Proc Mon then you have defeated the whole object of the exercise.

OK, I will try again, but that might be my entire problem not having the latest AACS version, I have a trial version of powerDVD 13 with around 12 days remaining. But, it always ask you if you want to update the powerDVD program and I say yes.

If for some strange reason your Commercial s/w player wont play a commercial BD ROM without ANYDVD then you have a problem, and you cant use proc mon to reliably give you the correct MPLS file.

ANYDVD must NOT be running when using Proc Mon.

OK, looks like I am going to have to get PowerDVD 14 Ultra, my heart is still into hardware playback:agree:

Don't know how much I will use PowerDVD 14 ultra for playback, and a bit concerned about the Cyberlink software engineers on software updates closing the loophole using PowerDVD 14 ultra with Proc Mon, but I will go ahead and just do it.

Thank for all your help rotty dog, my 3 dogs all barked twice which means Thank You.

I would hold off on buying PowerDVD 14 right now, fast eddie.

Knowing Cyberlink, they will probably announce the arrival of PowerDVD 15 Ultra at the beginning of next month. I noticed that they release a new version of PowerDVD right around each April.

OK, good idea, I will hold off purchase and see if PowerDVD 15 Ultra is close to arrival.

Hope the Cyberlink software engineers did not close the loophole using PowerDVD 15 Ultra with Process Monitor.

I do hope that Cyberlink isn't reading this Forum, and seeing what we Forum users are up to with the Process Monitor loophole thing.

I do hope that Cyberlink isn't reading this Forum, and seeing what we Forum users are up to with the Process Monitor loophole thing.

LOL well im sure they are, but think, does it increase or decrease their sales of the Product.

ANYDVD must NOT be running when using Proc Mon.

I take it you mean when trying to find the correct playlist for a screen pass disk that doesn't fully work with AnyDVD yet?
You can still use process monitor with AnyDVD enabled with a non-screen pass disk (or one that's been properly decoded) to figure out which clips are trailers and clips that you might want to edit out.

That's why I thought a simple app just to show the current playlist and stream file name would be useful to simplify that process and not just for finding the occasional obfuscated playlist.

On purchasing PDVD 14 vs 15, it might be a good idea to buy 14 while it's still known to work :)

Last edited:
No he means starting movie playback first in Pdvd with anydvd disabled. Then when the movie itself actually starts to play, only then start procmon to find the playlist, still with anydvd disabled.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

I get that sequence for finding the playlist of a screen pass protected disk before AnyDVDHD has decoded it, my only point was that process monitor will still work with AnyDVDHD enabled with disks that it is able to fully decode. Process monitor will still work with AnyDVD loaded but if AnyDVD hasn't properly decoded the disk, then process monitor will not necessarily give the correct playlist.
My only point is that there is no general rule that process monitor will not work with AnyDVD loaded.

Last edited:
I get that sequence for finding the playlist of a screen pass protected disk before AnyDVDHD has decoded it, my only point was that process monitor will still work with AnyDVDHD enabled with disks that it is able to fully decode. Process monitor will still work with AnyDVD loaded but if AnyDVD hasn't properly decoded the disk, then process monitor will not necessarily give the correct playlist.
My only point is that there is no general rule that process monitor will not work with AnyDVD loaded.

The answer is simple

The Proc Mon Method will ALWAYS give the correct playlist if ANYDVD is NOT running. (That IS A General Rule)>

This is NOT the case if ANYDVD is running, it may give the correct MPLS or it may not.

There is never any point in having ANYDVD running when using Proc Mon method, why would you, your after the Licensed player choosing the playlist, nothing else, that's the whole point in what you are doing.

Obviously, re-enable ANYDVD after you have found the correct MPLS.

Some people do not know but some movies come with a theater rated version and uncut or not rated version and you can get both main mpls files this way as well

Some people do not know but some movies come with a theater rated version and uncut or not rated version and you can get both main mpls files this way as well

Yes, it all depends on what version you choose from the BD Menu on the disk. As soon as the player starts playing that version, the MPLS will be reported by Proc Mon.

I did. Like that Chinese payment processor is going to listen to the us government and end relations with a Chinese company. The USA need to learn that USA law doesn't apply to anywhere but the us. No matter how hard they try to enforce it. If that payment processor listens then they're as stupid as the us for trying to do just that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

It would depend on how much money the special interest groups feel they are loosing by the loophole in Cyberlink product.

If the special interest groups feel they are loosing too much money, and they have the potential and means to lean on Cyberlink to close the loophole, otherwise Cyberlink could loose sales of PowerDVD or other looses.

Similar to the cat and mouse game of the special interest groups/government VS DvdFab but in a much smaller scale.

Yes I was being flippant LOL.

I don't know if this type of protection is under the umbrella of LA.

You sometimes get the feeling that the cat and mouse game dosent have much to do with Piracy, just an Ego thing.

I have NOT seen any Pirated disks being offered round Pubs etc for years now.

Things like this mostly only seem to affect people like us, we are not the Pirates.

Great shame.

It would not surprise me if future builds of Sony ScreenPass also detected Process Monitor and then returned the wrong playlist.

It would not surprise me if future builds of Sony ScreenPass also detected Process Monitor and then returned the wrong playlist.

That's a good point, Java detecting PC Processes that are running.

Proc Mon Running = false has to be the case as part of other checks it already does in order to point to correct playlist.
This together with Hundreds of playlists.

Slysoft need to write their OWN Process Monitor whos Windows "Process Name" is Random each time you run it.

ddjmagic asked me how I did my compare screenshot here. I cheated and used MS Paint. However, had a few moments, so built a quick util. Not sure if anyone wants or needs it.

attachment.php

Also will produce a nice CSV to play with too.

Was also thinking about building a tree view, like this:

Code:
+ Chapters
   + Duration
     + M2TS
        + MPLS

example:

Code:
+ 13 Chapters
  + 01:37:54:037 Duration
    + 0015.M2TS
       + 00108.M2TS
          + 00104.M2TS
             + 00112.M2TS
                etc etc 
                [B]+ 00717.MPLS[/B]
          + 00112.M2TS
             + 00104.M2TS
                etc etc 
                [B]+ 00753.MPLS[/B]

But this seems to be General1's project.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 104
  • I_VICHINGHI.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Clown_BD ScreenPass Analyser.zip
    219 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Back