• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

mpls decoder for no commercial players

gereral1

Looking into writing a program but its too much manual work to sift through the mpls files. Better to use the process monitor method. Below are some other ideas to help users who do not own a commercial player to find the correct mpls when screen pass is enabled in movies.

Last edited:
That would help, thanks for your time and effort!:agree:

I was thinking of using bdedit to view clips then input the m2ts clip in my program to elimate all mpls files called that do not match the sequence order. By doing this any regional disk can be tracked because every disk may have a different playlist. The reason ill choose visual basic is because its window driven which will produce nice app. To crack each java screenpass would be too much as you can see how slysoft has to come up with constant updates. This tool would allow a user to watch a movie on any hardware bluray player. Match the scenes using bdedit and simply type it in the mpld decoder followed by vommas. Then the program will take all the mpls files on the disk and write them to a massive file using a variable header for each. Example. Array structure. A (×)="590 then data called 550,567,569,690.

The program will compare input y
If y=x data then write mpls in good list increase good mpls list counter
If y not = then delete from master list output increase removed mpls counter

Request next m2ts press analyze button
Open remaining master list for reading.
Redo formula on remaining mpls files.
If y not = then delete from 2 master list output
Write master list 2

Repeat
If y=final mpls show movie mpls is x
Delete *.data to delte temp files that program makes so it does not keep unwanted txt files in temp folder.

This would be a 2 window program. Window one will be the input window. Once you press analize the second window will pop up showing results and a return button to the first window. The first window will be locked out until input button is pressed to return to window 1. That way you do not accidently shut off the wrong window. Then the user would add a comma and type in next scene. Repeat till one is left. Then play with mpc the found mpls and enjoy or use tsmuxer method in my videos to extract the main movie.

Could add input lengh of movie to elimate many mpls on first pass to speed up writing the first master mpls file to search in.

Last edited:
Very unlikely i'm going to use it, as i only do full disc backups but i do wonder. Why limit to 45 input fields? Wouldn't it be better to at the start only have 1 input box, after the user enters a number there, a 2nd one would appear. User enters a 2nd one, a third box would appear. I don't know if that's possible or hard to code, just figured i'd offer my 2 cents. It would cut the GUI size in half at least :)

@general1

Also, appears to be some problem within BDedit, you can list the MPLS, find the sequence flow of the M2TS files within the MPLS, but no matter what software player you use, you can not view the clips or M2TS files.

Hi Eddie

You can view m2ts files in any player, including VLC.
MPLS files are simply information files, list of m2ts file(s) to be played etc.

The problem with this approach here is that no matter how good the s/w, it still takes a massive laborious human input, i.e. looking at individual m2ts files and checking the order with reference to the scenes being played on the original disk on a Licenced player, certainly not the way to go for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
@general1

Good suggestions Ill look into these. The VLC player can be triggered via active X control inside the software. Bdedit is just to view the playlists real quick in the mpls files. As for the boxes that sounds like a good idea too. I could use one text box with commas and have the program read each number separate. In each mpls file the beginning starts with 200mpls then the m2ts files. Each file has a ascii charater followed by m2ts. So searching thorough the whole disk would take 1/2 sec to spit out a result. As for me I use the methoid in my video. Takes 20 seconds and your done.

@general1

Good suggestions Ill look into these. The VLC player can be triggered via active X control inside the software. Bdedit is just to view the playlists real quick in the mpls files. As for the boxes that sounds like a good idea too. I could use one text box with commas and have the program read each number separate. In each mpls file the beginning starts with 200mpls then the m2ts files. Each file has a ascii charater followed by m2ts. So searching thorough the whole disk would take 1/2 sec to spit out a result. As for me I use the methoid in my video. Takes 20 seconds and your done.

Hi General

Im a bit confused as to how you intend to achive what your after.

Lets say you have 50 MPLS files, 49 are bogus and lets say all of them give the same runtime for the Movie.

Using your method, there is no way to determine which MPLS is the correct one unless you visually go through the movie for every MPLS bouquet of m2ts files and visually check it against the original using a Licenced player, unless of course you know the Movie and its flow of scenes off by heart absolutely accurately. Even then it would be a nightmare.

Yes you have to know the correct movie scenes to make a short list. Ill make a video showing you in real time when I get back from iowa.....

I used to do this another way. Assumptions are you have a orginal disk and a way to play it (standalone). Here you play the disk and note the play time. Then you skip to the start of each chapter and note the start time & duration of each one.

Using the input of the above, I exported all MPLS files to CSV format (with a self build program) and within a few moments was able to eliminate all dummy playlists. At the end you end up with 1, 2 or 3 candidates. By the process of elimination (watching the M2TS compared to stand alone player) you can see where scenes have been swapped over.

Perhaps you can consider some of these ideas too (movie length, number of/start/duration of chapter points too)

Using your method, there is no way to determine which MPLS is the correct one unless you visually go through the movie for every MPLS bouquet of m2ts files and visually check it against the original using a Licenced player, unless of course you know the Movie and its flow of scenes off by heart absolutely accurately. Even then it would be a nightmare.

Sounds like a nightmare but it's actually pretty easy, you can tell by just playing the first/last 5/10 seconds of the m2ts files to see if they belong together (you don't need to have even seen/play the movie) usually these discs have a few m2ts files in static places on all playlists (especially first/last position), so you just need to find the ones between them, one of the hardest parts is actually figuring out/eliminating the playlists once you start to know the m2ts order, which this program would potentially make much easier.

Never going to be as easy/quick as the monitoring tool method, but if you happen to not have a licensed player or if your system can't play protected content without AnyDVD, then it should still only take a few minutes to find the correct playlist :)

Sounds like a nightmare but it's actually pretty easy, you can tell by just playing the first/last 5/10 seconds of the m2ts files to see if they belong together (you don't need to have even seen/play the movie) usually these discs have a few m2ts files in static places on all playlists (especially first/last position), so you just need to find the ones between them, one of the hardest parts is actually figuring out/eliminating the playlists once you start to know the m2ts order, which this program would potentially make much easier.

Never going to be as easy/quick as the monitoring tool method, but if you happen to not have a licensed player or if your system can't play protected content without AnyDVD, then it should still only take a few minutes to find the correct playlist :)

Hi DD

The problem with that is that 2 m2ts files can belong together but both placed together in the wrong position, you still need to know the Movie.

Also, there can be several m2ts files (obviously different numbers) all of the same scene, all the same length but at some point in the bogus duplicates there a blank frames/caption frames. Imagine this being done for most scenes, you have bogus MPLS and bogu m2ts's, the whole problem multiplies up no end.

Hi DD

The problem with that is that 2 m2ts files can belong together but both placed together in the wrong position, you still need to know the Movie.

Also, there can be several m2ts files (obviously different numbers) all of the same scene, all the same length but at some point in the bogus duplicates there a blank frames/caption frames. Imagine this being done for most scenes the whole problem multiplies up no end.

Yes, but you start at a known good m2ts position, there is always a static m2ts (or a few) to use as a starting point.
I have come across duplicate m2ts but never with blank frames on one of them.

Yes, but you start at a known good m2ts position, there is always a static m2ts (or a few) to use as a starting point.
I have come across duplicate m2ts but never with blank frames on one of them.

Oh yes, im not saying that you cant do it but there is ALWAYS an element of doubt.

Lets make up a Movie:
The main character is leaving his office, he gets into his car, he drives out of the office car park and the scene fades to black.
The next scene fades up and is him arriving on his driveway at home.
All looks ok.
BUT actually a massively important scene happened on his way from office to home.

What does this mean, well it means you have to know/reference the original all the time, for all variations.

Can be done but my much hard work (all for ONE Movie), and worse, as I said, ALWAYS an element of doubt in the finished result.

P.S. I just want to say that I think its great when someone tries to do something to help us all. So I hope you don't think im knocking you General1, im sure not, very much the opposite, but I think its always good to hear others thoughts.

No problem. I would use the process monitor as well. Just trying to bridge the gap for those guys who do not want to buy powerdvd. In times past time of movie can elimate 80 percent of mpls files. Then the first 4 m2ts scenes are easy to find. As you said as long as your sure of what scene is next this program will elimate playlists automatically. But heres the catch. You enter the wrong order the search will come back wrong. The best program to write would be would be a jar cracker. Mount the jar and it spits out the correct mpls. I dont think my programming skills can do that. I can use vb to open mpls files and search through them and write to test files easy. Then search through the created text file to find a keyed in order to match. All this tool woll do is assist or dpeed up the process he manual way. Thats it. And as for watching the movie you need to know that john took a shit after pulling his pants down. Not while leaving them up. Ewwweeeeee. Lol

What does this mean, well it means you have to know/reference the original all the time, for all variations.
Can be done but my much hard work (all for ONE Movie), and worse, as I said, ALWAYS an element of doubt in the finished result.

I see your points and your examples are difficult in theory but in reality/practice I've never seen this done at both ends of a m2ts file (yet alone every m2ts file)

Lots of these files are less than 60 seconds in length, even the most confusing movie ever made doesn't fade in/out that often.
If you get a scene like that, then leave it and move on, you will find out for certain eventually by process of elimination.

Same thing with the duplicate m2ts, in theory it's a nightmare, but it's not feasible to have too many duplicates without increasing the overall disc size.

As gereral1 said, this is never going to be the best method, but if you have no choice, then I'm just saying it is easier than it seems (and you don't necessary need to reference the movie for it to work)
This program would potentially make it even easier :)

I see your points and your examples are difficult in theory but in reality/practice I've never seen this done at both ends of a m2ts file (yet alone every m2ts file)

Lots of these files are less than 60 seconds in length, even the most confusing movie ever made doesn't fade in/out that often.
If you get a scene like that, then leave it and move on, you will find out for certain eventually by process of elimination.

Same thing with the duplicate m2ts, in theory it's a nightmare, but it's not feasible to have too many duplicates without increasing the overall disc size.

As gereral1 said, this is never going to be the best method, but if you have no choice, then I'm just saying it is easier than it seems (and you don't necessary need to reference the movie for it to work)
This program would potentially make it even easier :)

Yes I agree with you. Ive never said it wont work, just that it is a lot off effort.
Im sure that you would also agree that this form of protection could be made a lot harder and im sure they will adapt it to do so.

The good thing about this approach is that it is NOT dependent on a Licenced s/w player together with Proc Mon, especially as that option could be taken away from us.

Im sure that you would also agree that this form of protection could be made a lot harder and im sure they will adapt it to do so.

I agree, this protection could be made much more sophisticated (and has slowly been already)
If they do implement the points you mentioned, then at least we know who to blame :D (j/k)

I agree, this protection could be made much more sophisticated (and has slowly been already)
If they do implement the points you mentioned, then at least we know who to blame :D (j/k)

Now im hurt, LOL,
don't think they need any lessons eh, there devious enough, bet they can think of far worse options than me.

Its very clever what they have done really because its very very hard for anyone to produce the right "input" conditions to the Java program in order to get the correct output.

@gereral1

Here is a special build of Clown_BD BD Copier that will create a new Drive_VolumeID.txt file for you. Here is an example from House On Haunted Hill with AnyDVD disabled:

Code:
MPLS_Name; MPLS_Duration; MPLS_Chapters; MPLS_Chapter_Number; MPLS_Chapter_Start; 
00229.mpls; 01:32:42:035; 17; 1; 00:00:00:000; 2; 00:07:37:750; 3; 00:11:44:916; 4; 00:18:07:000; 5; 00:24:32:057; 6; 00:29:53:208; 7; 00:35:50:666; 8; 00:41:00:041; 9; 00:47:22:958; 10; 00:52:36:041; 11; 00:59:24:458; 12; 01:05:42:666; 13; 01:09:47:041; 14; 01:15:04:458; 15; 01:21:32:791; 16; 01:28:29:916; 17; 01:32:42:000; 
00268.mpls; 01:32:42:035; 17; 1; 00:00:00:000; 2; 00:07:37:750; 3; 00:11:44:916; 4; 00:18:07:000; 5; 00:24:32:057; 6; 00:29:53:208; 7; 00:35:50:666; 8; 00:41:00:041; 9; 00:47:22:958; 10; 00:52:36:041; 11; 00:59:24:458; 12; 01:05:42:666; 13; 01:09:47:041; 14; 01:15:04:458; 15; 01:21:32:791; 16; 01:28:29:916; 17; 01:32:42:000; 
00546.mpls; 01:32:42:035; 17; 1; 00:00:00:000; 2; 00:07:37:750; 3; 00:11:44:916; 4; 00:18:07:000; 5; 00:22:43:516; 6; 00:29:53:208; 7; 00:35:50:666; 8; 00:41:00:041; 9; 00:47:22:958; 10; 00:52:36:041; 11; 00:59:24:458; 12; 01:05:42:666; 13; 01:09:47:041; 14; 01:15:04:458; 15; 01:21:32:791; 16; 01:28:29:916; 17; 01:32:42:000; 
00584.mpls; 01:32:42:035; 17; 1; 00:00:00:000; 2; 00:07:37:750; 3; 00:11:44:916; 4; 00:18:07:000; 5; 00:24:32:057; 6; 00:29:53:208; 7; 00:35:50:666; 8; 00:41:00:041; 9; 00:47:22:958; 10; 00:52:36:041; 11; 00:59:24:458; 12; 01:05:42:666; 13; 01:09:47:041; 14; 01:15:04:458; 15; 01:21:32:791; 16; 01:28:29:916; 17; 01:32:42:000; 

Maybe this helps you?

Attachments

• Clown_BD BD Copier v0.41.zip
    455.5 KB · Views: 12
Back