• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Buy memory now!

You'll have to wait for in-stock depletion before seeing changes (I did notice Crucial PC-8500 price drops on 2 gig kits, but I doubt those would have been affected much anyway as there's hardly a demand for them except from overclockers).

That has been my point all along. RAM prices are always dependent on stock.
Post #5 in this thread.............
RAM is manufactured in "MASS" quantities, the market is flooded, prices drop until the quantity is very depleted. Then the prices go up. It's always a guessing game.

That has been my point all along. RAM prices are always dependent on stock.

This is from your first post:

oldjoe said:
Memory "should" hold or even drop in pricing for awhile.

I'm not sure what you mean by "awhile". The price increase is imminent.

The prices are going up already elsewhere:

visit http://www.behardware.com/news/8911/ddr2-prices-soar.html (and the prices have been going up in other countries)

"DDR2 prices soar
Posted on 21/06/2007 at 20:50 by Marc

For several days now the price of DDR2 has climbed. Since our last report on June 12, the 64 MB DDR2-667 chip has increased from $1.79 to $2.36, or a 32% gain. On the contrary, the price of DDR-400 is decreasing, which has meant that the two are getting closer because it is now at $2.66, or a 2.9% drop."

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/77909774/m/903003865831

Last edited:
http://www.arnnet.com.au/index.php/id;173763745

RAM prices on the rise
DDR2 memory up 25 per cent and likely to increase again
Rob Irwin 26 June, 2007 16:24:28

"DDR2 prices have leapt 25 per cent in the past fortnight and could go up even further in July.

CEO of RAM module-maker, OCZ Technology, Ryan Petersen, said in a blog that Taiwan's Powerchip Semiconductor had reduced its weekly output of chips, leading to a recent price hike that had already hit the local market.

Confirming the hike from a local perspective was Plus Corporation managing director, Nigel Fernandes.

"RAM had dropped and was at a good price point two weeks ago, but now it's gone up 25 per cent," he said. "It's across the board from all the vendors like Kingston, Corsair and the more generic ones."

While the recent price hike might have generally taken RAM back to where it was before its recent mini-drop, Petersen gave voice to industry speculation that Powerchip Semiconductor might be holding inventory.

Other speculation centred on the RAM maker swapping fab capacity to higher density parts or implementing previously scheduled new die shrinks - either of which could ultimately lead to further price hikes.

"With the major Intel CPU price cuts coming next month, you can be sure demand for more memory in the channel will go up this July," he wrote. "And we all know what happens when demand goes up with low supply."

Plus Corporation's Fernandes remains unfazed.

"Two or three years ago when RAM was $200 a stick, a 10-20 per cent swing was significant," he said. "Now, when I'm paying $39 a stick, up from $35, the cost is just absorbed into the price of the system. We'll just watch it and see how it goes."

Last edited:
My dealer sources are all holding steady and some have been having some good specials.
Several brands (Corsair-Crucial-Patriot & others) have some excellent rebates going on. Many online vendors (i.e. Newegg....ZZF) are running some good specials. My best guess would be that prices will rise sharply about late fall....as per usual.

My dealer sources are all holding steady and some have been having some good specials.
Several brands (Corsair-Crucial-Patriot & others) have some excellent rebates going on. Many online vendors (i.e. Newegg....ZZF) are running some good specials. My best guess would be that prices will rise sharply about late fall....as per usual.

Some Patriot ram already increased $40 at NCIX according to one customer (I would imagine new stock was ordered).

Net retailers are having some really good bargains on DDR2 RAM (Patriot, Crucial,OCZ and Corsair in particular). Most are w/rebates but still good deals.

Net retailers are having some really good bargains on DDR2 RAM (Patriot, Crucial,OCZ and Corsair in particular). Most are w/rebates but still good deals.

Yeah, some rebates are helping to negate some of the price increases I've seen this week (but the memory still costs more). Corsair XMS2 DHX TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX 4GB ram went up at several places (and now NCIX and some other stores are out of stock). This excellent ram is mostly recommended for 64 bit systems (in part due to the memory limitation in 32 bit Windows). This stuff is far better than OCZ gold.

Edit: Seems to be out of stock at many places now including New Egg.

Last edited:
Yeah, some rebates are helping to negate some of the price increases I've seen this week (but the memory still costs more). Corsair XMS2 DHX TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX 4GB ram went up at several places (and now NCIX and some other stores are out of stock). This excellent ram is mostly recommended for 64 bit systems (in part due to the memory limitation in 32 bit Windows). This stuff is far better than OCZ gold.
I have yet to see any price increases.....w/or without rebates. I'm still seeing steady or lower prices ...........as per usual for this time of year.

I have yet to see any price increases.....w/or without rebates. I'm still seeing steady or lower prices ...........as per usual for this time of year.

On all out of stock items, I'm seeing price increases from supplier listings, which confirms what the OCZ ceo stated. What does your supplier(s) have listed for pricing on TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX?

Last edited:
On all out of stock items, I'm seeing price increases from supplier listings, which confirms what the OCZ ceo stated. What does your supplier(s) have listed for pricing on TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX?

I'm seeing steady prices with rebates and little to none Out of stock.

TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX......2X1GB....$104 w/$35 rebate.
2X512...not XTC...$52

Last edited:
Newegg shows it in a 2X1GB pack......4GB.......$269 with $30 rebate

This is the ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145176
it's OOS (out of stock until July 9th, coincidently, the same day the rebate ends).

Again 2x1G is TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX is 2 gigs (this is in stock most places), which I wasn't referring to.

TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX is 4Gb only (oos NCIX, Newegg, etc., with the rebate ending July 9th).

These are specific part numbers. TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX can only be 4 GB.

Last edited:
This is the ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145176
it's OOS (out of stock until July 9th, coincidently, the same day the rebate ends).

Again 2x1G is TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX is 2 gigs (this is in stock most places), which I wasn't referring to.

TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX is 4Gb only (oos NCIX, Newegg, etc., with the rebate ending July 9th).

These are specific part numbers. TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX can only be 4 GB.

OK........................................

OK........................................

Anyway, my point is it wasn't out of stock when this thread began (it wasn't at least at NCIX), and I'm told the new supplier prices are higher on this. So, I was curious if your supplier prices have gone up on this item as well.

All in all, the point is the same. DDR2 RAM is still at very low prices and will most likely continue until the usual fall raise in price .........when stocks are depleting.

All in all, the point is the same. DDR2 RAM is still at very low prices and will most likely continue until the usual fall raise in price .........when stocks are depleting.

You must have information that runs counter to what a ceo for OCZ, NCIX, and several other places are saying then, oldjoe, as all indications are (in addition to the article and other sources I linked to) that all new DDR2 memory being ordered in is going up. :confused:

If you'd like, I can provide you with several other examples of DDR2 memory prices that have also risen.

LOL ......I'm sure you're right. All "ordered" DDR2 RAM is going up in price.That will be the RAM that will be sold retail about the last quarter of the year. Oh, that right, that's what Ive been saying.:confused:

LOL ......I'm sure you're right. All "ordered" DDR2 RAM is going up in price.That will be the RAM that will be sold retail about the last quarter of the year. Oh, that right, that's what Ive been saying.:confused:

It's being sold now oldjoe:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145176

You can place an order. It's more expensive now though. Of course, people I know (and some store workers) already bought this ram knowing what would happen.

Where is the price on this item holding steady or dropping? :confused:
What do you know that the various sources I listed don't? :confused:
Who are your suppliers? :confused:

http://www.overclock.net/2383553-post14.html

Anyway, again, you can do what you want. I'm done with this thread, and I'm also through with mentioning what's happening in the market (whether it be upcoming intel price cuts, ddr2 price increases--and more ddr2 items will go OOS in a number of places before q4, etc.).

Not worth my time . . .

Last edited:
Back