• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Buy memory now!

147 reviews of 5 stars
6 reviews of 4 stars
3 reviews of 3 stars
2 reviews of 2 stars
4 reiews of 1 star

Amazing.

Thanks I may look into it soon. Right now I need ODD's I have a friend in cali sending me a rebadged BenQ 1620 with low milage he put it this was as my 1640 died yesterday completely.

Geil produces very good RAM but you should always check the MOBO manufacturer for compatibility. This has became a more prevalent problem with DDR2RAM and especially with some ASUS and Nvidia boards and ANY board using Nvidia chipsets w/Intel CPU's.
If you're not OC'ing, which should be a no brainer considering todays CPU speeds, there is no need for high dollar RAM. Most of the "value" series will perform more than satisfactorily.
DDR2 prices are still dropping!!!!!!!!!!

Hardly ever down here but joe is correct however I just got 2 more one gig sticks of OCZ the exact same as I already had.

I disagree, but I'm a gamer. If I can get a q6600 running at 3 ghz on air (very mild overclock) with a negligible change in temperature, then it makes perfect sense to me to use high-end ram (which costs more). A friend's watercooled system is running one at 3.7 ghz prime stable with very nice temps. And I don't see high performance ram dropping where I am. In fact, I'm still seeing a slight increase. I'm also glad I bought some extra Corsair XMS2 Dominator 2x2 gigs back when the price was at a sweet spot. But again, I don't don't use cheap parts.

Last edited:
Good choices. I was debating over those or the OCZ I believe these are what I have?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227089

Not a bad price either I think.

Corsair's Dominator series uses better parts and the design is better for heat. But oldjoe is right, in that, most people who don't overclock don't need anything that high-end. When I started this thread, I was only looking into high-end gaming DDr2 4 gig module memory (when I build computers, they are designed with gaming in mind and overclocking; and I kind of ignored or simply wasn't thinking outside of my own group of hardcore PC gaming friends. Most people don't need the really high-end stuff that I use).

Last edited:
Yes no O/C'ing here as I am not a highend gamer but do play some games from time to time. My setup has amazing values to really turn up the heat too I just don't see a need for it just yet.

Yes no O/C'ing here as I am not a highend gamer but do play some games from time to time. My setup has amazing values to really turn up the heat too I just don't see a need for it just yet.

Yeah, then there's really no need to bother with the memory I've mentioned in this thread.

If you can't get a high end system to perform in gaming, at stock settings, then it's not that high end. :D

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but considering the original theme (buy memory now, before it goes up 30-50%) perhaps it should be revived because what goes down must go up (to reverse an old saying). Just bought 2x1GB OCZ PC-6400 Platinum Rev.2 Dual Channel 4-4-4-15 (budget, but decent performance for a non-overclocker) for $23 CDN. Not far from putting them in cereal boxes.... :D

So I guess its buy now - these prices HAVE to go up!!

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but considering the original theme (buy memory now, before it goes up 30-50%) perhaps it should be revived because what goes down must go up (to reverse an old saying). Just bought 2x1GB OCZ PC-6400 Platinum Rev.2 Dual Channel 4-4-4-15 (budget, but decent performance for a non-overclocker) for $23 CDN. Not far from putting them in cereal boxes.... :D

So I guess its buy now - these prices HAVE to go up!!

Those may not rise for quite some time (someone mentioned NCIX in Canada was running those for about that much after a rebate or something. Was that where you got it from?)

High end 4 gig modules of gaming ram already did increase (and has now bottomed slightly again).

Last edited:
The bottom just keeps dropping on all DDR2 in the US..........but, it will eventually rise.

Those may not rise for quite some time (someone mentioned NCIX in Canada was running those for about that much after a rebate or something. Was that where you got it from?)
No, but from their main competitor in Vancouver (Anitec.ca) - NCIX was $20 more....
Today, it's $9.99 for 1GB of PC5400....
As I said, soon they'll be putting them in cereal boxes like those DVD's and CD-Rom games :clap:

Back