• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

A second Amen

I too give you an Amen to the comment about where slyplayer will likely excel. I currently use both MPC and PDVD and picture Slyplayer as powerful yet simple alternative that just works. I have purchased 4 of the Slysoft products and used them for years. Simplicity is the halmark of their products and I am all for simplicity.

To make SlyPlayer almost perfect, it should include a function that the player starts playback directly from file or directly index.bdmv opening the folder BDMW.
This enables you to watch directly from the first chapter of the film, avoiding all the warnings

It would be wonderful, avoiding all the messages Warnig and trailer, for example Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.3.1405.0 this is possible, ...but missing 2 important functions.

For this reason I ask if SlyPlayer can include these features:

1 - the file is played BDMW uto when you enter the disc
2 - Setting the language and subtitle playback (I think this is already included)

THANKS

Last edited:
I think you'll find that all players access the index.bdmv file as that's the file that contains all the information about the disc, like region code, first play etc

I think this is awesome, A player made by slysoft is guaranteed to be very good and very easy to use, like all the other slysoft software.

Go Slysoft!
Keep up the good work :)

Request: access through DirectShow/Media Foundation/other external interface

Hello everyone!

As I don't see it listed in the summary in the opening post, I would like to submit this feature request:

It would be very nice if SlyPlayer could provide a DirectShow and/or Media Foundation interface to enable third-party players to use it to play Blu-ray or HD DVD media, by delegating what I call "disc and stream structure management" to SlyPlayer and still be able to use their own GUI, codec management, custom rendering, etc.

This solution has worked very nicely for DVD playing since Windows XP was released with the famous DVD Navigator, as it allows any player application to customise the "experience" part while not having to develop its own disc structure management and instead use a common one.

If it would be technically impossible or just incredibly difficult to do that correctly for HD discs with DirectShow/Media Foundation, a custom "SPAPI" (SlyPlayer API :rock:) would still be alright I guess, as I think it would not be that hard for third-party developers to use it, as optical media playing is already a distinct function in most applications.

This would have the advantage of making SlyPlayer (or SlySourceFilter? ;)) much more of a killer app to the media PC crowd because people would not be forced to switch from their favourite player/application to SlyPlayer and break the unified user experience just for playing HD media (for example I use MediaPortal for absolutely everything, and prefer navigating and playing the individual M2TS manually even if it's tedious, because I don't want to open another stand-alone app with its own GUI/remote control/codec settings/rendering shenanigans just to play Blu-rays.

I know things like "integration into Media Center" have already been suggested, but my proposition is to actually do it the opposite way, i.e. with "X-Y integration", SlySoft would have to develop a plugin for Windows Media Center and probably other applications (unless they want to limit the target to MC users, which would be strange), when this solution would just let SlySoft provide the interface, and developers of other applications would connect to it.
In addition, I'm convinced it would help sell AnyDVD licenses better than just developing a plugin for Media Center.

I would love that solution so much I would be willing to pay up to 50 € for SlyPlayer if it supported that kind of thing, and even pay that just for the external interface alone.

SlySoft products rock, I'm sure SlyPlayer will rock too!
Keep up the incredible work guys!

A very satisfied customer. :bowdown:

Is Slyplayer Even Necessary

Ok so maybe you guys aren't so happy with my questions but really is slyplayer really necessary. Windows Media Player 12 and Windows 7 Media Center are excellent programs (finally) and it is a poor business strategy to compete. Even PDVD, Roxio, and Nero are starting to realize that. It is a better strategy to do what Slysoft does best and that is helping users to change the format of legally purchased content so that it can be played within multiples players and to make the conversion process extremely simple. Developing a good player requires heavy investment in codecs, code, and product development. I would much rather see CloneDVD HD. Why would you want to compete with CoreAVC, Divx, or any of the free codecs. It seems just a waste. I would rather have a CloneBD program that utilizes the CoreAVC 2.0 codec to allow me to take what languages, subtitles, files, etc. and leave what I don't want. And do it all with seemless DXVA or Cuda hardware acceleration. It should allow me to make an mpeg 4, mkv, avi, or whatever type of format or container I want. And can put it in a format that is usable by whatever player I want. The vision is that you want a centralized media experience. Tuner, online streaming, and resident content together in one location. In this case I think it better to do what Microsoft and Cyberlink can't do because they are in bed with the media giants or too scared to fight them headon.

Ok so maybe you guys aren't so happy with my questions but really is slyplayer really necessary. Windows Media Player 12 and Windows 7 Media Center are excellent programs (finally) and it is a poor business strategy to compete. Even PDVD, Roxio, and Nero are starting to realize that. It is a better strategy to do what Slysoft does best and that is helping users to change the format of legally purchased content so that it can be played within multiples players and to make the conversion process extremely simple. Developing a good player requires heavy investment in codecs, code, and product development. I would much rather see CloneDVD HD. Why would you want to compete with CoreAVC, Divx, or any of the free codecs. It seems just a waste. I would rather have a CloneBD program that utilizes the CoreAVC 2.0 codec to allow me to take what languages, subtitles, files, etc. and leave what I don't want. And do it all with seemless DXVA or Cuda hardware acceleration. It should allow me to make an mpeg 4, mkv, avi, or whatever type of format or container I want. And can put it in a format that is usable by whatever player I want. The vision is that you want a centralized media experience. Tuner, online streaming, and resident content together in one location. In this case I think it better to do what Microsoft and Cyberlink can't do because they are in bed with the media giants or too scared to fight them headon.

I for one can't get windblows to play any of my .m2ts files from my private library. I'm still forced to use the bug-heavy PDVD or occasionally MPC-HT to play them. And even when I can get MPC12 to do it, it doesn't do the hardware decoding so the rest of the system turns to a crawl. Simply unacceptable. The problem is there is no player now that does it well and reliably. Personally, I cringe every time I have to start PDVD. I hate that POS software that's plaguing my HD experience. As far as windblows 7, I'm running the beta. It's OK, but no way worth the 400 bills they are going to cough up for each license. Half of my computers didn't cost that much to build all together. With the security I use, I I'd need the Ultimate version. And I upgrade each rig far too much to use their now 'locked to motherboard' OEMs. So basically, it's not going to happen. I use Linux and XP (all my valid licenses). And come March, my two Win7 boxes will go back to my XP licenses (one's going back to Ubuntu actually).

My hope is that the player will work on non-windblows platforms. But that's asking a bit much. Simply having a free (and I've said it before, I'd gladly pay handsomely for Slysoft to do this. God knows I paid for that POS PDVD crap. Can't believe they are going to do it free...) product that actually WORKS, even if it's just for my windblows HTPCs. I'd be overjoyed.

Agreed!

While I can get bitstreamed HD Audio via MPC-HC and Media Portal, no amount of messing about with 7MC enables it to play .m2ts files.

The only thing that really works is TMT3 but it can't do bitstreaming yet.

If SlySoft are going to release something, they need to beat TMT3.

An interface like MediaBrowser or StreamedMP would be a "nice to have".

I respectfully disagree

I have no problem playing 1080p content from within WMP12 and W7MC with whatever audio output. I have it running perfect on several Nvidia Ion Atom 330 setups which are clearly resource poor. I also have it running great on a Acer 1410 laptop with the GS45 GPU which is far inferior in comparison to the Ion's 9400 and has no CUDA option. I just use Anydvd HD to remove the encoding. Use MakeMKV to roll the entire ISO into an .mkv file. I use Haali's to split the .mkv in WMP12 and W7MC. And CoreAVC does the decoding with hardware/GPU acceleration. AC3Filter give me the audio stream. Only problem is that it only currently works on x86 within W7MC (WMP12 works fine in x86) but the new CoreAVC 2.0 coming out any day will add x64 and hopefully DXVA support for my GS45 (and maybe even ATI stuff). So why compete. It is a waste of resources. I couldn't agree more about PDVD and would prefer they rott for removing blu-ray ISO playback and for over pricing their stuff. MPC-HC just isn't reliable enough for me and Divx Labs just gives me playback within W7MC but it isn't good enough and locks up every time I tried to jump to a different place in the movie. I never have this problem with my CoreAVC setup. I don't understand why you need Ultimate over Home Premium, but I am sure you know your stuff. Too bad. I sold a full version of W7 Ultimate on ebay for $175 a month ago. I replaced my W7 RC setups with clean W7 RTM Home Premium upgrades easily and without an reg edits. That was $48 per machine. (Family Pack was $143 delivered from Costco.com)

Last edited:
I have no problem playing 1080p content from within WMP12 and W7MC with whatever audio output. I have it running perfect on several Nvidia Ion Atom 330 setups which are clearly resource poor. I also have it running great on a Acer 1410 laptop with the GS45 GPU which is far inferior in comparison to the Ion's 9400 and has no CUDA option. I just use Anydvd HD to remove the encoding. Use MakeMKV to roll the entire ISO into an .mkv file. I use Haali's to split the .mkv in WMP12 and W7MC. And CoreAVC does the decoding with hardware/GPU acceleration. AC3Filter give me the audio stream. Only problem is that it only currently works on x86 within W7MC (WMP12 works fine in x86) but the new CoreAVC 2.0 coming out any day will add x64 and hopefully DXVA support for my GS45 (and maybe even ATI stuff). So why compete. It is a waste of resources. I couldn't agree more about PDVD and would prefer they rott for removing blu-ray ISO playback and for over pricing their stuff. MPC-HC just isn't reliable enough for me and Divx Labs just gives me playback within W7MC but it isn't good enough and locks up every time I tried to jump to a different place in the movie. I never have this problem with my CoreAVC setup. I don't understand why you need Ultimate over Home Premium, but I am sure you know your stuff. Too bad. I sold a full version of W7 Ultimate on ebay for $175 a month ago.

I don't have a problem playing 1080p in 7MC in general, it's playing unmolested .m2ts files. Plus with Haali your not going to get DTS-HD bitstreamed to your amp AFAIK.

Interesting

Are you sure the pending new release of Haali's splitter doesn't fix that?

Sorry if I make a stupid question.

Why SlyPlayer, even alpha version, it can be downloaded for testing?

Sorry if I make a stupid question.

Why SlyPlayer, even alpha version, it can be downloaded for testing?

There is nothing available. All we know is that it's being worked on. That's it.

Slyplayer must be the most anticipated program in the world. This player will be lifechanging for us movie addicts.

James has done an amazing job with Reclock recently, its working the best it has ever worked. Good job, but I hope the Slyplayer is a high priority above other projects. I don't care about ripping disks, I just want to be able to watch them unmolested on my HTPC. Keen to say goodbye to PowerDVD for good.

Slyplayer must be the most anticipated program in the world. This player will be lifechanging for us movie addicts.

"Lifechanging"!?? OK, enough sucking up, a lifechanging video player, what kind of crappy life do you have that a better video player is going to have such an affect on? :D A multi-million dollar lotto win, now that would change my life.:agree:
Having said that, I am looking forward to slyplayer.

Funny

Ricoman you are funny! Anyway, I am with Macadamianut on the dislike of PDVD. Anything from Slysoft will be an improvement!

I remember that 10 months ago James was joking about a February Slyplayer release (it was in March I think), probably they never thought that the development of Slyplayer would take that long... Or he wasn't joking... these geniuses:)

I remember that 10 months ago James was joking about a February Slyplayer release (it was in March I think), probably they never thought that the development of Slyplayer would take that long... Or he wasn't joking... these geniuses:)

Well james might not have been far off. I've fully translated ADVD in dutch, and in one of the mails i've sent to the translation team i've asked how far along the development was for CloneBD. They responded aswell that they hope to make a first release somewhere in february.

NOTE TO ALL: My reply does NOT confirm that there actually WILL be a february release nor has SS said there will be. Untill SS actually confirms this, its still unsure when it will be available.

Back