• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

I do not have the physical disc tho.
But, even when I chose BluRay HD, under Audio Output format, unconverted option is not out for me. Hence, I gotten DTS Surcode error.
Good luck, making copies of discs you don't own is frowned on here

If you no longer own the disk, then you no longer own the film. You need to delete the files you saved.

From a legal point of view, this may be a different case in the country you live in, but morally it goes against most of the Slysoft user's principals.

A little confused.

MMR:

I had a need to rip a deleted scene from a BD, and BDINFO showed the complete list of deleted scenes. The one I wanted was 6:22, however, Clown_BD only gave me the option to grab the whole set, 45 minutes worth. Better than nothing, of course, and Clown_BD is already doing far more than any of us have a right to expect, but is there no way to get a more complete breakdown of the contents and grab only those sections you want?

I'm guessing it isn't practical for you to do this, or you would have, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Love Clown_BD, BTW. :rock:

UPDATE: Turns out that 45 minute movie was a documentary. Clown_BD doesn't show the other features on the disk at all, just the main movie and the documentary.

Last edited:
MMR:

I had a need to rip a deleted scene from a BD, and BDINFO showed the complete list of deleted scenes. The one I wanted was 6:22, however, Clown_BD only gave me the option to grab the whole set, 45 minutes worth. Better than nothing, of course, and Clown_BD is already doing far more than any of us have a right to expect, but is there no way to get a more complete breakdown of the contents and grab only those sections you want?

I'm guessing it isn't practical for you to do this, or you would have, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Love Clown_BD, BTW. :rock:

UPDATE: Turns out that 45 minute movie was a documentary. Clown_BD doesn't show the other features on the disk at all, just the main movie and the documentary.

Dan might be wrong just going from memory but I think the default is set up to find only files longer that 15min. i think this can be changed so your 6 min file can show up. Will try on my set up

Ok cant figure out how to change but you can use BD info to find the playlist and then run tmuxer gui to grab the play list. Just wish I had 5% of the skills
mrr19121970 has :bowdown::bowdown: Im still in aw over this great interface he has created.

I had a need to rip a deleted scene from a BD, and BDINFO showed the complete list of deleted scenes. The one I wanted was 6:22, however, Clown_BD only gave me the option to grab the whole set, 45 minutes worth.

anything under 15 mins is not show. please press the radio button MPLS and select the 6,22 minute clip you identified with BDinfo and try again.

anything under 15 mins is not show. please press the radio button MPLS and select the 6,22 minute clip you identified with BDinfo and try again.
Yup, works like a charm. Thanks, MMR!

(Just a thought: it would be really nice if that 15 minute setting was a settable option on the options page. I'm guessing the program would work fine regardless of the time limit, so I'm guessing the only real change would be making the setting dynamic. What do you think?)

Yup, works like a charm. Thanks, MMR!

(Just a thought: it would be really nice if that 15 minute setting was a settable option on the options page. I'm guessing the program would work fine regardless of the time limit, so I'm guessing the only real change would be making the setting dynamic. What do you think?)

It's how eac3to works. It's not ClownBD doing that.

It's how eac3to works. It's not ClownBD doing that.
Gotcha. Well, that limits options but the MPLS works fine using BDInfo so I'm peaceful. Clown_BD is a great tool so I supposed shouldn't get too greedy. :D

it's possible that eac3to has a hidden input parameter, but I don't know wht it is. if you find it, then post it here.

Just tried to rip a concert BD (Diana Krall) so I checked Break Into Chapters on the first page so I can play them in a Plylist. It changed the Movie Output Format from Blu-ray+ISO to M2TS and ripped individual files. When I play the files the audio had been changed from DTS-MA 5.1 to DD 2.0. I had Unconverted audio just like all my ISO rips so what happened to the lossless DTS-MA bitstream audio?

Wrong dialnorm of -31 dB with ClownBD v0.64 + eac3to v3.16

Hi to all,

I used ClownBD v0.64 (eac3to v3.16) to rip "Underworld - Rise of The Lycans" (italian) and I got a BD with -31dB dialnorm offset (very low sound!), while the original BD has only -4dB offset.

I tried again with the old ClownBD v0.51 (used for a lot of rips) and get again the -31dB dialnorm.

Then, I used ClownBD v0.64 in batch mode with (not recommended) "-keepDialnorm" option and I get the correct -4dB offset for both THD+AC3 ITA and THD+AC3 ENG audio.

ClownBD reports (see the attached LOG) -27dB dialnorm for both audio tracks.

Where is the problem? How can I verify the correct dialnorm without burning BD and putting it in my Denon AVR?

Attachments

• UnderWorld_3-LOG.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi to all,

I used ClownBD v0.64 (eac3to v3.16) to rip "Underworld - Rise of The Lycans" (italian) and I got a BD with -31dB dialnorm offset (very low sound!), while the original BD has only -4dB offset.

I tried again with the old ClownBD v0.51 (used for a lot of rips) and get again the -31dB dialnorm.

Then, I used ClownBD v0.64 in batch mode with (not recommended) "-keepDialnorm" option and I get the correct -4dB offset for both THD+AC3 ITA and THD+AC3 ENG audio.

ClownBD reports (see the attached LOG) -27dB dialnorm for both audio tracks.

Where is the problem? How can I verify the correct dialnorm without burning BD and putting it in my Denon AVR?
I believe this is just 2 different ways of reporting the same info. DD and DTS standard is -27db (also shown as 0dB) so -4dB would be -31dB.

Hi,

does this mean that is necessary to use always "-keepDialnorm" option?

Why the original THD+AC3 track has -4dB offset, while ClownBD gets a -31dB offset audio? Is it -27dB -4dB result?
The ClownBD audio track option "AsIs" was enabled: shouldn't we get with it the original audio without modification?

Hi,

does this mean that is necessary to use always "-keepDialnorm" option?

Why the original THD+AC3 track has -4dB offset, while ClownBD gets a -31dB offset audio? Is it -27dB -4dB result?
The ClownBD audio track option "AsIs" was enabled: shouldn't we get with it the original audio without modification?

Here is a good article for you to read that may help. Also I believe it is just a reporting difference (actual DD encode vs receiver attenuation) you are seeing and not actual audio differences. You can scroll down to Dispelling the Myths.

Last edited:
I am having trouble with the movie Cars, Madagascar, and Horton Hears a Who. The first two end up with video, but no audio. Horton has video that is all messed up. They all have multiple choices that are the same length when I run ClownBD, which I haven't seen too much (over 200 movies). I am trying to get just the video, HD English audio, and English subs. Is there something special that I need to do when it comes to these animated movies?

I am having trouble with the movie Cars, Madagascar, and Horton Hears a Who. The first two end up with video, but no audio. Horton has video that is all messed up. They all have multiple choices that are the same length when I run ClownBD, which I haven't seen too much (over 200 movies). I am trying to get just the video, HD English audio, and English subs. Is there something special that I need to do when it comes to these animated movies?

Did you remove the BD+ protection from Horton?

Normally, Disney movies are made up of multiple parts like you mentioned (the most I've seen was The Game Plan with about 90). ClownBD processes these fine, you may have an issue with your receiver, how are you playing back the remux?

-jj-

Audio questions

I am a little bit lost about audio format to select from clown BD V0.84:
I am using a NMT connected to old receiver without HDMI (optical). I would like to keep all extra audio format (DTS-MA/HR and DD True-HD) but also to get the best format of audio to play with my old receiver in TS output video format. What is needed to select from output audio format to have the best audio quality?
If I refer to help available:
Code:
Audio options
In case of a DTS-HD (MA or HR) file, a DTS 1536kb/sec (usual bitrate) core is contained within the file with additional HD data. In case of a TrueHD file, a AC3 640kb/sec (usual bitrate) core is contained within the file with additional HD data. 

If you use the AC3 output (for TrueHD) or DTS core tickbox (for DTS-HD) options, the standard 5.1 core will be extracted with no additional re-encoding (the same as the "Downconvert HD audio" option in TSMUXER). 

If you perform a conversion (for example, TrueHD to DTS 1536kb/sec) the full file including HD data will be used in the re-encoding process. 

In case of a "seamless joined" file (multiple .M2TS files making up whole movie - usually seen where multiple cuts of the same film are found on one disk) where audio gaps are found, EAC3TO will run a complete pass and then run the same pass again using the audio gaps it detected on the first pass to make a correct audio file. 

To keep an LPCM stream, ClownBD will run an external program to rewrite the header information (not affecting the audio quality) which will allow TSMUXER to remux the files. 

To simply demux and remux your chosen audio streams without any changes, select the required streams and use the "as-is" tickbox in ClownBD. 

Example audio outputs
'Unconverted' option: 

Extract DTS-HD/TrueHD/EAC3°^ 

Extract standard LPCM/DTS/AC3 track°+ 

'Core' option: 

Extract standard DTS core from DTS-HD°+ 

Extract standard AC3 core from TrueHD°+ 

'AC3' and 'DTS' option: 

Convert DTS-HD/TrueHD/LPCM/EAC3 to DTS/AC3+ 

° denotes a lossless quality option. 

+ will play via standard coaxial or optical cable. 

^ will play only via HDMI 1.3 connection 

Please note that HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD) playback can only be achieved using a HDMI 1.3 connection to the appropriate receiver. Standard DTS/AC3 cores are fine for carrying over the usual coaxial or optical cable. 

As mentioned above, please note also that TSMUXER version 1.8.18 or higher must be used to keep TRUEHD streams intact and TSMUXER version 1.9.4 or higher must be used to keep DTS-HD High Resolution streams intact.

I should select DTS allowing to convert True-HD and DTS-HD to DTS audio track with extra info included in the DTS track.
In such case, what's happens with main True-HH or DTS-HD track? (removed from the ts file generated).
I have also another question about DTS: what the difference if you tick it once or two (in this case there is a square on DTS instead of v)?
Last question is about the Network Media Tank Audio Options from first menu: what is the difference compared to option on the last menu page?

Testing of NMT audio options with 0.65b latest test:
Seems a little wierd, was testing with a TRUEHD source.

With DTS ticked - output appears to be .WAV
With DTS grey ticked - output appears to be .WAV
With AC3 ticked, output appears to be .WAV and .AC3
With LPCM ticked, output appears to be .WAV (as expected).
With Unconverted ticked, output appears to be .THD+AC3 (as expected).

So if I'm ticking unconverted and AC3 it's basically semi doing the correct thing, with the exception of the large .WAV file also being created.

If a THD (->AC3) or DTS-HD (->DTS) track is selected, wouldn't it make sense to use the -core switch to just pull the already encoded core than create a track from scratch?

Cheers,

-jj-

Mrrrrrrrrr,

Coming back to this one - this is a TrueHD track, requested output options, Unconverted and AC3.

Code:
eac3to v3.16
command line: "D:\utils\encoding\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "C:\michael\COTC" 1)  3: "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.THD+AC3" 3: "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.WAV" 3: "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.AC3" 5: "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Subtitles_5_English.sup" 7: "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Subtitles_7_English.sup" -LOG="d:\temp mux\children of the corn\eac3to_PASS3_LOG.LOG"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M2TS, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 3 subtitle tracks, 1:32:11, 24p /1.001
1: Chapters, 20 chapters
2: h264/AVC, 1080p24 /1.001 (16:9)
3: TrueHD/AC3, English, 5.1 channels, 48khz
   (embedded: AC3, 5.1 channels, 640kbps, 48khz)
4: AC3 Surround, English, 2.0 channels, 192kbps, 48khz, dialnorm: -30dB
5: Subtitle (PGS), English
6: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish
7: Subtitle (PGS), English
[s07] Extracting subtitle track number 7...
[a03] Extracting audio track number 3...
[a03] Extracting TrueHD stream...
[a03] Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
[a03] Writing WAV...
[a03] Extracting AC3 stream...
[s05] Extracting subtitle track number 5...
[a03] Creating file "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.WAV"...
[a03] Creating file "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.THD+AC3"...
[a03] Creating file "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.AC3"...
[s05] Creating file "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Subtitles_5_English.sup"...
[s07] Creating file "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Subtitles_7_English.sup"...
[a03] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 24 bits.
[a03] Caution: The WAV file is bigger than 4GB.  <WARNING>
[a03] Some WAV readers might not be able to handle this file correctly.  <WARNING>
Video track 2 contains 132624 frames.
Subtitle track 5 contains 1006 captions.
Subtitle track 7 contains 138 captions.
eac3to processing took 12 minutes, 45 seconds.
Done.

The file doesn't remux, due to the extension in the .META file (".TrueHD", instead of ".THD+AC3").

Code:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes  --vbr   --vbv-len=500
V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Video_2.h264", insertSEI, contSPS
A_TrueHD, "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.TrueHD", lang=eng
A_AC3, "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Audio_3_English.AC3", lang=eng

S_HDMV/PGS, "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Subtitles_5_English.sup", lang=eng
S_HDMV/PGS, "d:\temp mux\children of the corn\Subtitles_7_English.sup", lang=eng

Otherwise, the .META is correct (TrueHD + AC3) - why is it extracting a .WAV track that it's not using?

I didn't yet test further with DTS-HD tracks.

Cheers,

-jj-

You can use "Unconverted" to keep the HD audio. For DTS-HD, this is fine as the DTS core will be passed to the receiver. For your TrueHD files, the same doesn't happen (chinese code in the PCH firmware) - at the moment, you'll need to mux the TrueHD file and AC3 core seperately. The next version of ClownBD will have an easier way to do this. For the moment I'm converting all TrueHD audio to DTS 1536kb/s (you'll need Surcode installed).

Cheers,

-jj-

Last edited:
Back