• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

1. Rip to HD
2. Run ClownBD
3. Test new file after conversion
4. Delete HD folder

you don't need to do step 1 (or 4), you can do step 2 on the fly. however if you can afford the space, and suspect you will need a 2nd pass then it can be beneficial to rip 1st simply as your hard drive is faster than your BD drive.

personally i rip all my BDs (with protection) as ISOs, mount upto 15 at a time and do a mass conversion in BATCH mode for viewing.

you don't need to do step 1 (or 4), you can do step 2 on the fly. however if you can afford the space, and suspect you will need a 2nd pass then it can be beneficial to rip 1st simply as your hard drive is faster than your BD drive.

personally i rip all my BDs (with protection) as ISOs, mount upto 15 at a time and do a mass conversion in BATCH mode for viewing.

Thats a good idea on the batch mode and mounting multiple images. The media server isnt a beastly machine in regards to CPU power but it does have plenty of space (14 X 750GB).

So essentially while steps 1 and 4 arent required, you practice them yourself and would seem to me to be a best practice.

I'll continue ripping to ISO and try the batch conversion. It appears forcing AC3 on audio is what I'll be doing from here on out to ensure compatibility.

Is there any preference on container or do people really only use m2ts because of PS3 support? Ive been using m2ts because I didnt know any better and it works just fine with WMP 12.

No, this is supposed to do this. EAC3 is nota Blu-Ray standard.

Of course I accept that E-AC3 (DD+) is not mandatory on BD players - on the other hand, most of them support it. And it's on some BD's even. I have a BD from Dolby here that's great for testing as it contains Dolby tracks in all flavours - DD+ and TrueHD in both 5.1 and 7.1 configurations.

It's just that I was confused by the interface. I'm currently converting my HD-DVD's to BD. I want the audio to survive untouched and therefore selected 'Unconverted' only to find that the E-AC3 is converted. In the end I clicked batch and corrected the eac3to commandline manually.

IMO clicking 'Unconverted' in the UI should always mean unconverted streams, even though that could create a non-standard BD.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work by the way. :clap:
Clown_BD is cool as a predecessor to CloneBD!

I don't think it should, it should mean it's unconverted if it's an officially supported format. as that format is not an officially supported one then it should convert it to one that is supported otherwise there'll probably be a lot of people who make converted discs that end up with audio they can't play

I don't think it should, it should mean it's unconverted if it's an officially supported format. as that format is not an officially supported one then it should convert it to one that is supported otherwise there'll probably be a lot of people who make converted discs that end up with audio they can't play

DD+ on a HDDVD and DD+ on a Bluray is a totally different animal. Please check the EAC3TO on the Doom9 forum for more details.

-jj-

I've not tried, but I'm sure (know) it will be a problem if you select 'Unchanged' and 'DTS Core' on a DTS track - as both files will have the same name. I'll have to change that. No time until the weekend though.

Ok, I've made that change in v0.65b. You know the link to download...

multi m2ts ripping problems..

using this guide has worked to great effect, save one movie: Enchanted, with MULTI m2ts files.. I have been able to find the correct mpls playlist, but when I rip with txmuxer to bd directory (and eventually to iso) the audio has a consistent 'stutter' that detracts from the overall experience.. any idea how to attack a multi m2ts rip like this and keep the audio in sync? Thanks!

Which playlist did you use? I made a copy of this this week and have no issues with it, although I think I extracted the core DTS file so it would fit on a SL BD-R

From your posting it looks like you are only using tsMuxeR to rip'n'burn. Is that right ? Use Clown_BD, and you'll demux the seamless branching movie (joining the gaps, and removing clippings & overlays).

Testing of NMT audio options with 0.65b latest test:
Seems a little wierd, was testing with a TRUEHD source.

With DTS ticked - output appears to be .WAV
With DTS grey ticked - output appears to be .WAV
With AC3 ticked, output appears to be .WAV and .AC3
With LPCM ticked, output appears to be .WAV (as expected).
With Unconverted ticked, output appears to be .THD+AC3 (as expected).

So if I'm ticking unconverted and AC3 it's basically semi doing the correct thing, with the exception of the large .WAV file also being created.

If a THD (->AC3) or DTS-HD (->DTS) track is selected, wouldn't it make sense to use the -core switch to just pull the already encoded core than create a track from scratch?

Cheers,

-jj-

that seems to be correct.

if you look in batch mode in the bat file you can see what is being done. first the wav is demuxed and the converted to w64 or dts padded and then dts sd.

yup- I was using only TXMuxer.. and using Clown_BD the end result was perfect, save for one oddity that doesn't detract from the quality at all.. loaded as Iso in TMT3, the 'bar' at the bottom shows the mov to be almost five hours long, while the movie itself is only 1.43 or so, chapters work fine, just seems odd, and only annoying when I want to 'click fast forward' thru it.. any idea why that would happ? Thanks!

yup- I was using only TXMuxer.. and using Clown_BD the end result was perfect, save for one oddity that doesn't detract from the quality at all.. loaded as Iso in TMT3, the 'bar' at the bottom shows the mov to be almost five hours long, while the movie itself is only 1.43 or so, chapters work fine, just seems odd, and only annoying when I want to 'click fast forward' thru it.. any idea why that would happ? Thanks!

I had this happen with Enchanted, I just found out how long the film was in seconds and ran it back through Tsmuxer using the 'Cut' setting

I've seen that from time to time. I'm sure it's only on VC-1 movies though.

Hi, I have backed up two BD's w/ TrueHD tracks, using Clown BD 0.64. The log says dialnorm = -27 (it's ok i think) but after the eac3to and tsmuxer have done it's thing and I play it on my PCH + DENON AVR 2809 I get a dialnorm @ -0db?? (my AVR lowers the volume 31db) and that's WAY below listening level, I have to turn my A/V to arround 0 and that's so high that if I palyed a normal track at that level my ears and windows would blow out I think. What could be wrong?
I have not had any problems w/ TrueHD and Clown BD 0.63 and it's the same eac3to and tsmuxer in that version I think.

Is it possible to alter the diagnorm value in the TrueHD track before remuxing?

Best regards L.

Great program! Many thanks for it.

I have the problem also since 0.64.
Advice is to change the ini in Clown BD
Code:
[Audio]
eac3toAExtras=-keepDialnorm
Do I have to put it beneath?
Code:
eac3toAExtras=
[Video]
VOutput_Format=
ChangeFPS=

Last edited:
or the other way. make sure clown_bd is not running. open your INI, find the text

Code:
eac3toAExtras=

and add

Code:
-keepDialnorm

directly after the =

Just ripped my first 2 HD DVD's and can't believe how much better they play (especially audio that has micro pops when playing an HD DVD) in TMT. I want to rip all my BD's and HD DVD's to my unRAID but don't see DTS-MA listed. Will Clown rip the DTS-MA track to bitstream from BD's?

Also on the 2 HD DVD's I've done it ripped the TrueHD track on one but the other has DD+ and DTS so I ripped both. The DD+ converted to LPCM instead (DTS as DTS) even though I had {Unconvert} selected. Did I do something wrong are is DD+ not completely supported?

Just ripped my first 2 HD DVD's and can't believe how much better they play (especially audio that has micro pops when playing an HD DVD) in TMT. I want to rip all my BD's and HD DVD's to my unRAID but don't see DTS-MA listed. Will Clown rip the DTS-MA track to bitstream from BD's?

Just select "unchanged".

Also on the 2 HD DVD's I've done it ripped the TrueHD track on one but the other has DD+ and DTS so I ripped both. The DD+ converted to LPCM instead (DTS as DTS) even though I had {Unconvert} selected. Did I do something wrong are is DD+ not completely supported?

this was discussed just 2 pages ago

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=206267&postcount=1224

Last edited:
Back