• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.5.5

This sounds VERY hard! Wouldn't Reclock have to know what the audio stream contained and be able to decode all possible formats - AC3/DTS/EAC3/TrueHD/DTS-HD HR/DTS-HD MA ..... and re-encode to all those same formats in real time. :eek: A rather major change in scope, if possible at all.

Well for a start DTS and AC3 would do! But yes - its not as easy as dropping/repeating. See it as an suggestion....

As we are talking about s/pdif and the accuracy of Reclock's calculation, there is no question that when I was using s/pdif I got less dropped packets when I got Reclock's timing spot on than if I relied on pstrip's standard (non-camera) refresh rate. So I am still not sure which rate to target, although I am sure James will say again that we should all get over it and not worry!

The following holds for the RADEON Cards - but I see no reason why it shouldnt be the same for other brands:

You cannot really rely on Reclock's refresh rate calculation. Its based on DX and thats possibly flawed from the start in this respect. Powerstrips display of the refresh rate was for a long time not precise enough (only 3 decimal digits, though a little more accurate than the reclock on-the-fly calculation) to get good results. I heard that might have changed in newer versions of powerstrip though.

Fact is: Of course using the displayed refreshrates is better than nothing, but with correctly calculated timings you get no drop/repeats (that is except for the obligatory one at the start of playback) for 4-5 hours.

So less drop/repeats with the displayed refreshrate: YES. But is near the possible optimum: No.

Unfortunatly its not as easy as to add 0.00x or substract 0.00y because it depends on resoluton/refreshrate/quartzdividers as well as some other stuff. But people tell me that the new Powerstrip solves this problem once and for all as Rik implemented an precise timings search engine. I didn't try that yet, as i have my own program for that. But if he did it correct you shouldn
t worry what reclock displays, as long as you get no drops/repeats.

regards,
Zardoz

The following holds for the RADEON Cards - but I see no reason why it shouldnt be the same for other brands:

You cannot really rely on Reclock's refresh rate calculation. Its based on DX and thats possibly flawed from the start in this respect. Powerstrips display of the refresh rate was for a long time not precise enough (only 3 decimal digits, though a little more accurate than the reclock on-the-fly calculation) to get good results. I heard that might have changed in newer versions of powerstrip though.

Fact is: Of course using the displayed refreshrates is better than nothing, but with correctly calculated timings you get no drop/repeats (that is except for the obligatory one at the start of playback) for 4-5 hours.

So less drop/repeats with the displayed refreshrate: YES. But is near the possible optimum: No.

Unfortunatly its not as easy as to add 0.00x or substract 0.00y because it depends on resoluton/refreshrate/quartzdividers as well as some other stuff. But people tell me that the new Powerstrip solves this problem once and for all as Rik implemented an precise timings search engine. I didn't try that yet, as i have my own program for that. But if he did it correct you shouldn
t worry what reclock displays, as long as you get no drops/repeats.

regards,
Zardoz
I think we should take this over here.

James, I think there is a minor bug.

If I untick Enable V-Sync Correction for VMR9/Haali in Configuration.

The V-sync option in the filter properties is still available and appears to work (it certainly adds the little target bars when you display V-sync).

With it disabled in Config, V-sync should not be available in Filter Properties. At least that's how it used to be.

And I'm pretty damn happy with Reclock now - and amazed at the speed of development. But anything you can do to perfect SMOOTH playback is much appreciated, and I'm happy to pay for it! It's all about smoothness - I want my PC as smooth as a $$$ video processor and bluray player combo!

Hi,

1) first let me confirm the findings of seb & leeperry. A couple of years back we wrote a small programm to calculate accurate timings (47.952) for the Radeon cards. ReClock always identifies them as 47.949 or 47.950 even though they have been verified as being spot on.

2) I am a little worried about the direction reclock is taking. Most people here seem to be concerned with speeding up (47.952 -> 48.000) or slowing down Media (25.000 -> 23.976 or 24.000). We mainly use Reclock with SP/DIF output to an receiver at the original (x2) speed. Please do not drop/neglect the sp/dif handling of reclock. We want the receiver to decode the original bitstreams. Reclock is necessary here, because of its V-Sync correction and the improved video-sync

3) Make V-Sync correction an automatic process without the need to fiddle with the slider/v-sync position. Or make reclock remember different positions for different filter/chains. At the moment its a real pain to adjust the slider manually.

4) Perfect Timings lead to almost no ac3/dts packet repeats/drops. But if a packet is about to be dropped it could be handled better. First pass all data unaltered through to the receiver, then if a packet is about to be dropped/repeated reclock could take the neighbouring packets and interpolate new packets for a very small time period. Afterwards it could revert to straight passthrough. This would make the drop/repeats unaudible.

regards,

Zardoz

I am also a little concerned by the attention SpeedUP removal is getting - Reclock is all about SMOOTH playback for me (Kernel streaming is nice though!).

That said I now use it to convert all 25fps film material to 24fps, and I only run one res - so it is nice too, but the primary function of Reclock is smooth playback - hence the name!!

However I think your interest in SPDIF is misplaced. DTS/AC3 are completely over now. It's all about TrueHD/DTS MA/FLAC, even lowly DD+. And they will all be converted to PCM by the audio decoder.

Yes, Reclock works really well for AC3 passthrough if your timings are tight - it's basically inaudible. But the future is in the Hi Res Lossless formats.

I rarely watch DVDs on my projector anymore, I haven't event bothered to set Ffdshow to do anything more than Lanzcos resize, despite having an overclocked Q6600.

Now Baraka has been released I have nearly all my favourites in HD. (LOTR EEs would be nice on Bluray, hopefully soon!!)

I just wish DVD would die already!!!

I think I found another minor bug/difference to earlier versions.

With 1.8.2.7 it seems to be detecting the monitor in use based on the Zoom Player Playlist dialog box, not the player proper.

I usually have the player fullscreen on one monitor (signal fed through a signal splitter which also feeds the projector), and the playlist on the other.

Wait...it's not doing it now. Strange.

Edit: It just did it again. I restarted Zoom Player and it detected the monitor the playlist was on, not the video.

James, I think there is a minor bug.

If I untick Enable V-Sync Correction for VMR9/Haali in Configuration.

The V-sync option in the filter properties is still available and appears to work (it certainly adds the little target bars when you display V-sync).

With it disabled in Config, V-sync should not be available in Filter Properties. At least that's how it used to be.

No, it always behaved that way.
Later,

TSR

No, it always behaved that way.
Later,

TSR

I don't remember it that way - not back in ye olde days with Beta 1.7.

What is the point of the settings in the Reclock Configuration if they can be totally overriden by the Filter Properties?

What is the point of the settings in the Reclock Configuration if they can be totally overriden by the Filter Properties?

Well you can chose if you want vsync correction enabled or not while movie is playing?
I really think it always behaved that way, I may be wrong. The only time these options are greyed out here is when DXVA is used.
Or maybe you're meaning to say that when vsync correction is disabled in the config, the left most box in reclock properties/vsync tools should be grayed out, always?
Later,

TSR

Or maybe you're meaning to say that when vsync correction is disabled in the config, the left most box in reclock properties/vsync tools should be grayed out, always?
Later,

TSR

Yep.

If you enable it in config, then, and only then, can you turn it on and off during playback. The config setting makes the V-sync tools available to filter properties, but doesn't turn them on.

That's how I recall it behaving.

That's part of the reason why I think needing perfect spot on frequency (eg 50.000000000000 hz or whatever) is another awesome piece of misinformation.
Later,

TSR
Ab-so-lutely. How does PStrip "measure" the refresh rate? How do you know, that PStrip's 50.0000000 Hz aren't 50.01 if you measure with a frequency counter? How accurate are the clocks on the graphics card? The clocks in a PC?
And - last but not least - what good does an accurate display refresh rate do, if the direct show graph clocks the playback to the audio card, so an accurate refresh rate .... drumroll ... means nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. ReClock can help when you let it resample (no SPDIF passthrough!) and it is allowed to sync the playback (somewhat) to the refresh rate.
Everything else is esoteric mumbo jumbo.

Because you now can better check the immediate effect (or placebo effect) switching VSYNC on/off.

4) Perfect Timings lead to almost no ac3/dts packet repeats/drops. But if a packet is about to be dropped it could be handled better. First pass all data unaltered through to the receiver, then if a packet is about to be dropped/repeated reclock could take the neighbouring packets and interpolate new packets for a very small time period. Afterwards it could revert to straight passthrough. This would make the drop/repeats unaudible.
Simple solution HDMI multi channel PCM output.

Maybe it's not doing anything by itself but my guess is that it sets a flag that instructs the hardware to perform deinterlace. This is the behaviour i experiment.
I tried hard, but I cannot reproduce this, sorry.

2) I am a little worried about the direction reclock is taking. Most people here seem to be concerned with speeding up (47.952 -> 48.000) or slowing down Media (25.000 -> 23.976 or 24.000). We mainly use Reclock with SP/DIF output to an receiver at the original (x2) speed. Please do not drop/neglect the sp/dif handling of reclock. We want the receiver to decode the original bitstreams. Reclock is necessary here, because of its V-Sync correction and the improved video-sync
Whoever "we" is, you are overruled by "me, myself & I". :D

3) Make V-Sync correction an automatic process without the need to fiddle with the slider/v-sync position. Or make reclock remember different positions for different filter/chains. At the moment its a real pain to adjust the slider manually.
Unless you use the overlay renderer (I usually do, but I seem to be the only one), vsync correction is obsolete.

Unless you use the overlay renderer (I usually do, but I seem to be the only one), vsync correction is obsolete.

I use overlay, it's stable and reliable. To me all the other renderers have flaws..

I got my computer working again (for a while) an tested the .27 beta.

XP: All fine as before.

Vista x64: Playing Blu-Ray Disk (24p) at 50Hz screen. Huh. Is very bad now. I can't see any difference between playing with and without reclock anymore (its like not there). After 5:30 mins, sound got completely dropped, too.

EDIT: Complete Sounddrop i get also running xp. See log 2. Movie: Le renard et l´enfant

EDIT2: Sound problem seems to be a fault by PowerDVD with this movie. The Vista x64 Video refresh rate problem is movie independent.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • reclock_log2.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
??? What about VMR7? That's what I still use, with vsync correction, as VMR7 does not have it "built in" like VMR9, EVR and HR do.

Back