• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVGTS.SYS BSOD with 6.4.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not it? Hold on.
Here's the whole folder.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Hancock.zip
    464.4 KB · Views: 3
Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

This Arcsoft filter is typically installed by Arcsoft Photo Impressions and can cause conflicts with Slysoft software.

i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "Afc. Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok". Select "Reboot

Whatever program installed that filter may no longer function properly.

How can I post a Log File when the system reboots before I can even start a RIP. Here's the Log File from 6.4.7.9 which is stable.
I think it's funny that other versions work but all of a sudden it's my drivers when the system is stable without 6.4.8.5:bang:

At least one person did tell you to post logs created using a version that did work.

[...]

As Webslinger noted, posting log files using a version that works would be tremendously helpful if the person wants to solve the problem.

Webslinger beat me to telling you to remove Afc.sys and how. Remove the filter and try again. The more things we remove from the equation the easier it will become to pin down the source of the problem.

Will imgburn cause problems with Nero or DVD Shrink?
Tried to DL imgburn this is what I got:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /SetupImgBurn_2.4.2.0.exe on this server.

Please inform the administrator of the referring page, http://imgburn.en.softonic.com/download if you think this was a mistake.

If you're trying to download ImgBurn, please click here or wait to be redirected in 10 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
regarding complaints about said version, it just came out today. Just wait.

Yes, and you have the extensive history on the board to predict both the quantity and the quality of complaints of any given release - as well as the proper time frame to expect them??

IE - STOP THINKING - FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS - AND LEARN.

No

That said.... Nero Recode has it's OWN set of issues.
And DVDShrink, despite being perfection made easy.... :D Still requires certain procedures be followed with AnyDVD.

-W

Drinkyleanddie, what's the functional difference between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5, except for some cracks that could be used in the past no longer being functional and additional blacklisting? Anything? Hmmm . . .

As far as I am aware there should be no functional differences. It was bumped up to 6.4.8.5 for official release. Maybe some minor tweaks were done but I wouldn't expect anything significant.

Will imgburn cause problems with Nero or DVD Shrink?
Tried to DL imgburn this is what I got:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /SetupImgBurn_2.4.2.0.exe on this server.

Please inform the administrator of the referring page, http://imgburn.en.softonic.com/download if you think this was a mistake.

If you're trying to download ImgBurn, please click here or wait to be redirected in 10 seconds.

There's 7 different servers listed hosting the file. Try a different one.

As far as I am aware there should be no functional differences. It was bumped up to 6.4.8.5 for official release. Maybe some minor tweaks were done but I wouldn't expect anything significant.

Well, as I can see no functional difference between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5 other than additional blacklisting perhaps, I have no further suggestions. Short of being cynical as to why one would need 6.4.8.4 instead of 6.4.8.5 (including cracks causing bsods) . . .

Last edited:
Done! Got imgburn, worked the filter Afc done. 6.4.8.5 is in. Testing now. Will follow up later today. Bedtime.

LOL didn't take long for the BSD, just finished the post and down the system went. Appears that imgburn didn't work. If anybody has a copy of 6.4.8.4 I really need it until Slysoft fixs 6.4.8.5 (which is un-usable) and unstable.
I do think it's interesting that everybody wants to blame my system drivers all of a sudden when I haven't had any stablity issues before with other versions. Anything but the version. One would think that if everything else is stable and 6.4.8.5 causes issues it would be the version. Especially if 6.4.8.4 worked great.
If I close 6.4.8.5 system is stable, let it sit in systray it's unstable. Sorry I downloaded 6.4.8.5, now stuck with 6.4.7.9.

LOL didn't take long for the BSD, just finished the post and down the system went. Appears that imgburn didn't work. If anybody has a copy of 6.4.8.4 I really need it until Slysoft fixs 6.4.8.5 (which is un-usable) and unstable.
I do think it's interesting that everybody wants to blame my system drivers all of a sudden when I haven't had any stablity issues before with other versions. Anything but the version. One would think that if everything else is stable and 6.4.8.5 causes issues it would be the version. Especially if 6.4.8.4 worked great.
If I close 6.4.8.5 system is stable, let it sit in systray it's unstable. Sorry I downloaded 6.4.8.5, now stuck with 6.4.7.9.

It's odd that quite literally only you are currently encountering this problem. Filters like the one we had you remove can cause problems. When a version is released and people have problems the forums get inundated with people saying there is a problem. So far only you are having a problem.

At this point I suggest you contact Slysoft Support directly for technical support. To speed up the process have your registration information handy. Refer here: http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html. They will have questions for you, as well, in trying to pin down the problem.

Drivers of 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5 are ... identical (except for the version number).

Drivers of 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5 are ... identical (except for the version number).

Thanks for the information, James. This makes the situation even more bizarre that 6.4.8.4 beta apparently worked yet 6.4.8.5 causes this problem.

Future Reference

I know this isn't much help right now. But I Always make it a Habit to "save" every older verion to a folder or a disc. Or a usb drive. Never know when you might need it.

Possible?

You said you are running RAID0 (Striped) No redundancy there. If you were running RAID 1, I would ask to see if you disconnected 1 drive and try it. Still think it's an Nvidia driver issue.

So perhaps his key got blacklisted? If he has a legit key he needs to contact Customer Support.

-W

Step back, refocus

I'm surprised with all the try this/try that that nobody has suggested to find what WHAT exactly Microsoft is complaining about. :confused:

Please do this:

Right mouse My Computer
Open "properties"
Open "Advanced"
Now click "Settings" in the third block for "restore,etc.)
When that opens, "uncheck" the little box for "automatic restart".

When it crashes now let me know what is in the line after the word

STOP:

and tell me the text for this hard stop.

My money is on X'50', X'0A' and X'Cx' but there are always surprises.

Once I know that, I know where this is coming from. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back