• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVGTS.SYS BSOD with 6.4.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vpr

Installed update and getting BSD's Blue Screen of Death from running Anydvd in systray. Running XP Pro with 4 gigs of memory. Never had this problem before the update. Haven't tried to Rip anything with this problem exsisting.

I don't think you understand. After the reboot from update and Anydvd is in systray not being used for anything at the time. BSD then reboot without me doing anything. If I let it go it will reboot until I close anydvd from systray.
Just to check if AnyDvd was the problem I un-installed and installed 6.4.7.9 which I know is stable. Not a single problem since.
To cross-check I downloaded 6.4.8.5 again and installed, same reboot issue and BSDs. Un-Installed again and now running 6.4.7.9.
Would like to get 6.4.8.4 but not available on the site (which is dumb) until you fix the update which is UNSTABLE.
How about checking the updates BEFORE releasing them?
6.4.8.5 HAS ISSUES

I don't think you understand.

You're mistaken.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559, and go through all the steps (especially 1 and 4). Note that step 4 requires you to post information

How about checking the updates BEFORE releasing them?

I don't work for Slysoft. However, I'm not having problems across three different systems under Vista 64 bit Ultimate SP1 and XP 32 bit Pro SP3 nor are the majority of users here. You're the one having problems. We're not. There are lots of active users and beta testers here. If this release weren't stable you wouldn't be the only person complaining on the forums at this point.

I also just updated an XP system from 6.4.7.6 to 6.4.8.5. No problems . . .

Last edited:
I'm on XP-Pro and having no problems.
I note that most all of the people that think AnyDVD has a "new problem" have less than 10 posts total on this board.
(and probaly read none of the Sticky Threads before posting)
Most of us that have been here - have seen it (at least) 1000 times now. <yawn>
Problems are 99.9% unique, and not unique to an AnyDVD release, but unique to the system reporting the problem.

-W

Low filter = AnyDVD
Afc
No upper filter
Not using Pinnacle software, INCD or spybot teatimer

Running XP32 SP3 with 4 gigs, on EVGA 790i mobo

6.4.8.4 worked great so does 6.4.7.9
6.4.8.5 causes BSD and reboot

Step 1 was explained and done
Why does lower versions work and 6.4.8.5 doesn't. Also regarding complaints about said version, it just came out today. Just wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also regarding complaints about said version, it just came out today. Just wait.

The forums would be lit up like crazy (tons of users have been here and gone since the release), and I would have had trouble updating on XP on multiple computers.

Get rid of that AFC filter in your registry, and upload an Anydvd .zip log file using a version that works for you.

EVGA 790i mobo

Nvidia based m/bs are well known for sata driver issues: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=110014&postcount=36

Some cause (surprise, surprise) BSODs.

Last edited:
No Problem here

Installed update 6.4.8.5 on XP Home SP2. 2 gigs dual channel RAM. Nvidia 7300 GS Graphics card. No issues whatsoever.:disagree:
I NEVER install the Nvidia IDE/SATA drivers. I let XP control them.

Last edited:
4 gigs of dual channel Patiot, EVGA 1x 8800GTX
Tried 6.4.8.5 download again and same problem when installed.
Can I get 6.4.8.4 from the site? Back to where I was before this update.
Yeah NVIDIA Media Shield sucks, I don't use those drivers either. Just use the RAID driver to setup RAID0 at install.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see

The board you have uses an Nvidia chipset. If you installed the Nvidia IDE/SATA controller drivers, uninstall them. Re-Boot,then, retry install 6.4.8.5.

There is a history of non-Microsoft busmaster drivers and NVIDIA chipset drivers with SATA drives causing problems. This is why it is always recommended to use the Microsoft busmaster drivers.

There were some I/O changes made between 6.4.7.9 and 6.4.8.5 which is why this may now have shown up on this person's system. Nonetheless, they need to make sure they are using the Microsoft drivers. If they aren't they should switch.

As Webslinger noted, posting log files using a version that works would be tremendously helpful if the person wants to solve the problem.

Doesn't matter what version of Anydvd you're using. Do this:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

We don't support old versions of Anydvd here.

There were some I/O changes made between 6.4.7.9 and 6.4.8.5 which is why this may now have shown up on this person's system.

No. The OP was using 6.4.8.4:

Vpr said:

Whatever changes you're referring to, Drinklyeanddie, were implemented by then.

Yeah the NVIDIA IDE/SATA drivers are called Media Shied and is not Installed.

Yep, do this

Doesn't matter what version of Anydvd you're using. Do this:
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put an original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

We don't support old versions of Anydvd here.

Like Webslinger said. Post a logfile. BTW: BSODs are often caused by drivers.

Drinkyleanddie, what's the functional difference between 6.4.8.4 and 6.4.8.5, except for some cracks that could be used in the past no longer being functional and additional blacklisting? Anything? Hmmm . . .

How can I post a Log File when the system reboots before I can even start a RIP. Here's the Log File from 6.4.7.9 which is stable.
I think it's funny that other versions work but all of a sudden it's my drivers when the system is stable without 6.4.8.5:bang:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_Hancock.zip
    464.4 KB · Views: 6
4 gigs of dual channel Patiot, EVGA 1x 8800GTX
Tried 6.4.8.5 download again and same problem when installed.
Yeah NVIDIA Media Shield sucks, I don't use those drivers either. Just use the RAID driver to setup RAID0 at install.

I see another post.... but no attached logfile as instructed - twice.

-W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back