• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD, MyMovies, Media Center - No Longer Works

this happens sometimes,but files on hdd (iso) that anydvd has updated the keys and region also crashes!

What do you mean crashes? Are we talking about exceptions here, or simply something that does not play?

What do you mean crashes? Are we talking about exceptions here, or simply something that does not play?
i mean i press watch on mm it crashes before it mounts the iso,only on anydvd after 6437:bang:

MM doesn't support Virtual Clone Drive. Only Daemon tools. So, you will loose out on MM auto-mounting the disk. I have no problems with a physical disk. It's only with an ISO.

What Daemon Tools version are you using? I use 3.47 (I don't like the later versions) and Windows autoplays fine.

Then I think I know what the problem can be.

It is very likely AnyDVD's new feature that pops up and asks for region code of the disc.

That dialog cannot get in on top when Media Center runs, and that is likely the problem.

James, how come it has started to do this? Also on "Automatic" setting?
It did this for a while with discs, where it can't determine the region code. But this feature is
1.) disabled by default and
2.) only asks once (not if the disc / image is inserted a second time)

I doubt this is the cause for the problem. It must be related to auto insert notification with Daemon tools. I never tried versions > 3.47 as I avoid the new "low level" drivers. I'll look into it.

BTW, using Virtual CloneDrive should be easy, just call VCDMount.exe to mount an image. :)
And a 64bit version is coming, too.

Ok, I would love to get an answer to these questions:

1) When a Blu-ray disc does not play, if you minimize Media Center, is the ISO mounted, and is the My Movies HD Integration started? (If so, the problem is not autoplay).

2) If you Alt+Tab after doing that, does any AnyDVD dialogs show up?

3) If you close Media Center, and manually mount the ISO with Daemon Tools, does AnyDVD prompt for anything?

4) If you ask AnyDVD not to remove Blu-ray regions codes, does it still prompt, and if not, do the problem go away then?

From what I read here, the problem may likely be the region code prompt, and not autoplay....

Brian,

I went to sleep after my last reply... Below is the answer based on my set up.
MM PR7, AnyDVD 6.4.5.0 and DT 4.12.3.

1) 100% ISO mounted already and I do see a sec of vibrate and that probably is due to VMC/MM try to minimize or mounting the ISO. But after that it will stop and nothing happens after that.

2) No.

3) No and DT will mount the ISO first and AnyDVD will scan the disk. But PDVD won't launch either.

4) No and same behavior as #3.

#1, 3 and 4 as soon as I manually launch PDVD, the movie mounted in DT will start play. It just seem to me that the problem might be to do with with autoplay and it needs to autoplay after AnyDVD finished scanning the disk.

I am heading to work now and will able to do what you need again after work. Thank you for all your help in this matter.

3) No and DT will mount the ISO first and AnyDVD will scan the disk. But PDVD won't launch either.

Based on that, the issue sounds like AnyDVD vs. Daemon Tools regarding autoplay.

If autoplay does not pick up the disc insert even though Media Center isent running, this is likely the combination of DT and AnyDVD,

I'll see if I can reproduce it to get closer. And, I will see what SlySoft's software does..

Based on that, the issue sounds like AnyDVD vs. Daemon Tools regarding autoplay.

If autoplay does not pick up the disc insert even though Media Center isent running, this is likely the combination of DT and AnyDVD,

I'll see if I can reproduce it to get closer. And, I will see what SlySoft's software does..

I believe so. As I indicated before it doesn't matter that VMC/MM presents or not we need to open PDVD manually before BD will play. If we don't open PDVD, nothing will happens. As soon as we open PDVD the mounted ISO will play right away.

If you need to create a similar environment in your end, here is what I have for you as reference: your MM PR7, AnyDVD 6.4.5.0, DT 4.12.3 & PDVD8 latest B patch. Let me know if I can help in this matter and thank you once again to step in and help!

Is it possible to use DT 3.47 with MyMovies? I believe this would work right away.

Is it possible to use DT 3.47 with MyMovies? I believe this would work right away.

It sounds like when you have DT 3.47 and latest AnyDVD, you are able to get PDVD launch as soon as you mount the ISO, right?

I will install DT 3.47 and play around together when I go home after work.

James and Brian,

Great and it seems to me DT 3.47 is the answer of the problem. I will check that out and let you two know tonight. But I bet there will be more people have same question and not follow this thread and keep asking. Once I confirm, maybe you guys wany to consider this to the FAQ and last maybe you guys want to take a look the latest DT instead of 3.4.7, just my 2 cents. Thanks you very much for all your help.

Last edited:
Brian,

I tested DT Lite 4.12.3 and don't see any autoplay problems (mounting images using the little DT tray icon).

Does MyMovies still use AnyTool? If yes, when does it do it? You must know, that AnyDVD will disable autoplay for 8 seconds when it was enabled (maybe disabled, must check) via AnyTool (or if the user changed settings in AnyDVD preferences).

Brian,

I tested DT Lite 4.12.3 and don't see any autoplay problems (mounting images using the little DT tray icon).

Does MyMovies still use AnyTool? If yes, when does it do it? You must know, that AnyDVD will disable autoplay for 8 seconds when it was enabled (maybe disabled, must check) via AnyTool (or if the user changed settings in AnyDVD preferences).

It uses AnyTool, yes.

It uses it when copying discs, playing HD dics, ect.

You can configure which state you would like AnyDVD to have when identifying discs, copying discs and playing HD titles - some installers would like AnyDVD disabled when playing HD titles.

But, all changes to state in AnyDVD is done AFTER autoplay has started MM's HD integration...

Brian,

I went to sleep after my last reply... Below is the answer based on my set up.
MM PR7, AnyDVD 6.4.5.0 and DT 4.12.3.

1) 100% ISO mounted already and I do see a sec of vibrate and that probably is due to VMC/MM try to minimize or mounting the ISO. But after that it will stop and nothing happens after that.

2) No.

4) No and same behavior as #3.

#1, 3 and 4 as soon as I manually launch PDVD, the movie mounted in DT will start play. It just seem to me that the problem might be to do with with autoplay and it needs to autoplay after AnyDVD finished scanning the disk.

I am heading to work now and will able to do what you need again after work. Thank you for all your help in this matter.

These would also be the exact same answers to the questions on my home system.

I would like to see the integration of VCD (as well as the x64 version) into MM. I'm going to roll back DT from 4.12.3 to 4.12.1 and then re-install PDVD8 as in Explorer I can no longer select "Play with Power DVD 8" from the context menu with the ISO is mounted.

BTW, I create my ISO's with ImgBurn, and do not modify the original. I do this to not only create a backup, but to improve the performance of Blu-ray playback (not having to deal with opitcal media.)

Also, don't forget that one can set the BD Region Code to always a specific region, to autodetect, or prompt. I have set that to Region A always.

[UPDATE]

I rolled back DT from 4.12.3 to 4.12.2 and now I can automount disks manually. I have not been able to test MM remotely yet though. I have *not* updated to 6.4.5.0. I'm still at 6.4.3.2. It would be really nice if Brian can add VCD support to MM, as then we would limit the number of 3rd party apps that would need support and *careful* planning of upgrades to a minimum (MM, AnyDVD HD+VCD, PDVD8 and VMC instead of MM, AnyDVD, DT, PDVD8, and VMC)

Last edited:
It uses AnyTool, yes.

It uses it when copying discs, playing HD dics, ect.

You can configure which state you would like AnyDVD to have when identifying discs, copying discs and playing HD titles - some installers would like AnyDVD disabled when playing HD titles.

But, all changes to state in AnyDVD is done AFTER autoplay has started MM's HD integration...

How do you mount images? Is there a command line tool available to simulate this?

ok ive been out for a while so you can imagin my surprise to come back and i see two things a great new Anydvd update and a bunch of post saying that anydvd is not working with My movies can someone tell me exactly what there problem is. i am using the new Powerdvd 8 as well as the new anydvd 6.4.5.0 not to mention the latest Dt 4.12.3 and last but not least My Movies PR7 and im not having a problem. i just tried Jumper and it works fine. My movies minimizes and powerdvd opens full screen after DT mounts the movie

Back