• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 and HD DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think 1080p H.264 (e.g. from BluRay) with DxVA looked better in v.7.3 Ultra? I'm using a Radeon 3650.

S.

I've searched for the beta build and found nothing on the web able to grant me the necessary HDDDVD files. A PM will be highly appreciated

i have the hddvd files to put into my powerdvd 8 but i just need the step by step process on how to do it cause i kinda stuck can anyone help with that ?

Got it to work on Vista 64, except the logo does not show up on start page, hd-dvd does show up in lower right info block. Make sure when you run cmd that you use "program files(x86)" not just program files.

I've done all of that, even installed 7.3 ultra, and taken the other files from that. I know exactly what I'm doing, it just doesn't work, and I even found out there are TWO versions of regsvr32, so is it calling the right one from the command prompt?

Any Vista x64 installers who have got this to work with the posted fix pack on the newsgroups, if you could give me step by step instructions to see where I'm going wrong, I would be extremely appreciative of your time and help.

Ok, here's what I can tell you after doing a direct comparison with 7. Sound is fine. We're getting the FULL, WHOPPING DD+ 1.5mbps audio. YIPPIE. LOL. However, here's the thing that will probably get some of you to consider 8 a little more. PQ is noticeably better! Direct comparisons with 7 and 8 show that 8 has much better color quality than 7. I've noticed this on BD's, as well, but, definitely for HD DVD, too. I'm very pleased with this situation.
OK, I know, I'm going to sound like a true pain in the b*tt. :D
And I'm not even the guy who noticed this. :disagree:

Is there a way to reactivate the configuration panel for HD DVD?
It might come useful some day...

help

any hints on where to find the files for someone who has no access to newsgroups? a PM would be appreciated.

EDIT: thanks. great community here at slysoft.

Last edited:
has anyone had an official reply from cyberlink why HD-DVD was dropped from 8, and if it might be coming out as an extra addition?

Yea, I know the tab is missing. I seriously doubt there's a way to enable it. When I get some time I'll look into it but I wouldn't hold your breath. We're lucky we got this far! :)

If you are talking about the configuration tab in the setup window where you also can configure audio, video, etc. then the tab is there as long as you are watching a HD-DVD. It's only not there when you don't play an HD-DVD, try it!

Regards

Is it? Fascinating. I'll have to check it out at some point.

Yes it is, but I was thinking whats about the registry settings that are there in version 7.x, were/are there any for the 8 Beta too? Do we need them too?

No idea. I guess that's something someone could test. :) I've got limited time this week for much of anything unfortunately.

Still no luck getting this to work on Vista 64, though I noticed 7.3 installs different files on a 64bit install, so I'm guessing the beta 8 will also do the same. Like deskband64.dll... As there's no way I can get access to the v8.0.3913.50 beta, I guess I'll have to wait for Cyberlink to release a HD-DVD patch:bang:

P.S. I tried both the "fix" on the newsgroups and the torrents one - I edited the files to take note of the "program files (x86)" location.

Still no luck getting this to work on Vista 64, though I noticed 7.3 installs different files on a 64bit install, so I'm guessing the beta 8 will also do the same. Like deskband64.dll... As there's no way I can get access to the v8.0.3913.50 beta, I guess I'll have to wait for Cyberlink to release a HD-DVD patch:bang:

P.S. I tried both the "fix" on the newsgroups and the torrents one - I edited the files to take note of the "program files (x86)" location.

So take the 64 bit versions of the dll's from 7.3 and use those. As I've said before, the only things REALLY needed from the leaked beta seem to be the IMP and ax files.

A little help?

Lack of HDDVD support is the only reason I haven't upgraded to PDVD Ultra 8. You guys are amazing for figuring out this patch. :bowdown: I haven't been able to get my hands on the necessary files. Any suggestions/help?

Thanks in advance

I have Vista 64 and it worked for me: I added the files in the navfilter folder (this folder contains four files: clhdspdecoder.dll, hddvdadvnav.dll, hddvdnav.ax, and hddvdnavi.dll) to c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd8\navfilter. The other files (deskband32.dll, hddvd_x.imp, and js32.dll) were placed in c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd8.

Then I went to all programs\accessories, right clicked command prompt, run as administrator. At the command prompt I typed cd.. then hit enter key, then cd.., hit enter key again, then I typed cd program files (x86), hit enter, cd cyberlink, hit enter, cd powerdvd8, hit enter again ; each time showing me the folder I am in. I then typed regsvr32 hddnav.ax, hit enter, confirmation came up and voila, done.

You should now be able to play hddvds, the funny thing is (and this is one of the reasons why I have yet to buy a blue ray disc) that Ultimate Avengers blue ray does not play with powerdvd8, but it does with powerdvd7.

Hope this helps.

ps. I got mine from alt.binaries.hdtv (I have a subscription to easynews, can't stand the p2p crap), searched powerdvd, and found it, it's 5.11 megs.

Atlernative "Enable HD DVD" methods

If you have PowerDVD 7.3 with HD DVD support, you have everything necessary to enable HD DVD support in PowerDVD 8.

You still need the HDDVD_X.IMP file for PowerDVD 8. Alternatively, you can copy the 8.0 CLDShowX.ini to the 7.3 folder (comment the line mentioned in step 2) to enable the use of the version 8 filters in 7.3 icluding full HD audio.

1. Browse to your PowerDVD 8 install folder and open CLDShowX.ini
  2. You will see the following line:
    Code:
    997E77E6-664D-4987-B461-AF789BFBB51F=CLSID_CLHDDVDNAV         ;HDDVDNav.ax
  3. Delete or comment the line. You can comment the original with a semicolon:
    ;997E77E6-664D-4987-B461-AF789BFBB51F=CLSID_CLHDDVDNAV ;HDDVDNav.ax
  4. Save the file.
  5. Copy js32.dll from the PowerDVD 7.3 folder into the PowerDVD 8 folder.
  6. Start PowerDVD 8 and enjoy your HD DVDs

For those who have already enabled HD DVD, the Nav filter you are using is actually an older build than the latest 7.3 build so you may want to do this as well.

Last edited:
Yea, I know the tab is missing. I seriously doubt there's a way to enable it. When I get some time I'll look into it but I wouldn't hold your breath. We're lucky we got this far! :)

with beta 8.03913 the tab is present :)
if i delete manually the powerdvd8 folder and replace by the folder of powerdvd 8.01513 i the tab is still present !!!

i presume an dll or something like that is registered with the 8.03913 install and not with the 8.01513 install; this is why the tab appear with the 803913

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back