• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Zonealarm reports AnyDVD as malicious

Gila

Attached is its diagnosis after being run in a sandbox by Zonealarm. I have had good experience with this suit and will refrain from installing anydvd until this issue will be resolved with checkpoint. Please assure all your users that this software does not contain malicious code.

Attachments

• zonealarm warning.jpg
    zonealarm warning.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
false positive, report it to zonealarm and make an exception for it till they fix the problem. ZA is one of the crappiest AV suites arround

personal experiences with it, if i aint mistaking it uses the same AV engine as kaspersky, a decent but also not TOO good av ( imo) and multiple AV tests i've read in diff magazines.

Maybe it is true but it did run it in a sandbox and detect it's behavior. The message was based on the behavior.

Anyway I already talked to a ZA representative which will discuss the issue with their programmers. As soon as I get their response I'll post it.

Maybe it is true but it did run it in a sandbox and detect it's behavior. The message was based on the behavior.

Well, AnyDVD setup certainly doesn't "terminate itself each time it is run".
And no, it isn't malicious. Don't download the setup to your "program files" (programs) directory. This is a setup program, and it's purpose is to *install* software on your computer. "program files" is where programs are to be installed (by installers), so anti spyware software might indeed find installers "suspicious" - assuming they are an installed application.

EDIT:
And check the digital signature of the file, to see if it is authentic.

Last edited:
No conflicts with ZA and AnyDvdHD. I allow it's installation of course:agree:

Your claim is based on ...

History - years of it in my case.
So long as AnyDVD is downloaded from THIS site, it contains nothing harmful.
Use the "search" button and see just how many times Chicken Little told us the sky was falling. :D

We see strage false positives (from ZA and Kaspersky) at least once a month here.
For starters you need to run the setup file from anywhere BUT the Program Files folder. (desktop is fine even)
Your own "strange installation behavior" might be triggering the false-positive.

-W

Last edited:
I have ZA pro 9 and Anydvd HD and no problems with what Gila claims to make. Since Gila provided very little in the way of helpful information as ie what software version of ZA they are using doesn't help to know what is going on. As Chevron mention I used ZA for years since 2001 and not experience any such problem as Gila claims.

This has been going on for years with Zone Alarm, just put AnyDVD in the " White List". They have way to many false positives. Get a real A/V like Kaspersky or Nod32.;)

We see strange false positives (from ZA and Kaspersky) at least once a month here.

I use KIS 2010 and I never get "false positives". Not sure about KAV, however, depending on the version, it would be the same A/V. ;) :agree:

Last edited:
Different antivirus products have, at one time or another, indicated that AnyDVD is problematic for various reasons. In every single case where the installer had been downloaded from Slysoft's own servers the antivirus vendor who had released the virus definitions that flagged AnyDVD as suspect resolved the problem with a virus definition update. The detections have been false positives.

Gila raised a concern about a possible virus and I believe an adequate number of replies have been made. People can use whichever antivirus product that they wish and some have strong feelings about any particular product. We do not need to rehash the age old antivirus program debates.

Gila, if you downloaded the installer from the Slysoft website and don't believe the file is safe then please submit the file in question to ZoneAlarm or wherever you are supposed to submit questionable files with regard to your antivirus program. At the end of the day I would expect the virus definitions to be corrected and the false positive will vanish.

Last edited:
Gila raised a concern about a possible virus and I believe an adequate number of replies have been made. People can use whichever antivirus product that they wish and some have strong feelings about any particular product. We do not need to rehash the age old antivirus program debates.

YOU believe an adequate number of replies have been made? Are we all commanded to be SILENT? :bowdown:

And I guess Slyfox1 is sure put in his place now for commenting on ZoneAlarm vs other anti-virus. :bowdown:

-W

Last edited:
Gila, if you downloaded the installer from the Slysoft website and don't believe the file is safe then please submit the file in question to ZoneAlarm or wherever you are supposed to submit questionable files with regard to your antivirus program. At the end of the day I would expect the virus definitions to be corrected and the false positive will vanish.

Already done so yesterday and waiting for their response.

Does that include your own reply - that only regurgitated our own replies - without adding anything original (or new) to this thread?
I guess that means that we are all "dismissed" and better hold any fuhrther comments to ourselves - or else?
-W

Looking at the number of your posts it seems that you certainly have a lot to share with others :D

History - years of it in my case.

For starters you need to run the setup file from anywhere BUT the Program Files folder. (desktop is fine even)
Your own "strange installation behavior" might be triggering the false-positive.

Well it is nice you mention it. But this is a folder on a different HD on which I store all of my files. The naming might be miserable but as my system is an x64 system it obviously is not D/L to the location you think it is. As the system is a dual boot system with win7 and a proper OS (Linux) I tend to keep all of my work on a different disk (volume) as is practiced in Linux. My system is pretty powerful, with more memory installed on it than all of the people responding to this thread have together, and is not intended for games so I think you should practice some humility.

Last edited:
My system is pretty powerful, with more memory installed on it than all of the people responding to this thread have together, and is not intended for games so I think you should practice some humility.

I stand in total awe of your system and feel humbled. :D
(hail to the cheese!)
But I'm wondering exactly, when you're going to wonder, why none of the other million or so AnyDVD users have jumped onto your thread here to say "me too!". Or is your system so advanced that it's the only one that can detect malware?
-W

Last edited:
I know and that was the reason I was alarmed (pun intended)

Back