• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Youtube Enhanced Bitrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis

I can't find that it has been expressly discussed here, and I don't see anything make it clear that "Enhanced Bitrate" is selected for the DL options. So the question is: Can Anystream currently download the Enhanced Bitrate versions?
The UI has a "log out" option after doing an 'import' so it appears that it is logged into something and if that is so it would have access to the Premium options as I am subscribed to it. However, I only see one option for the resolution that is offered in Enhanced, making me think it is the non-enhanced version that Anystream is listing.

The UI has a "log out" option after doing an 'import' so it appears that it is logged into something
The "Cookie thief" was put there when all the others except 2 had it put into the UI, in case we ever decided to add other options to "YouTube". It is not logged into anything. Thank you for your question. ;)

In my case the cookies just import some history from youtube into AnyStream so I see some suggestions
Those vanish when I use the log out button.
I wouldn't call that "logged in"

What do you mean by "enhanced bitrate" ?
I can see some 8K stuff with 26 mbit ... isn't that enhanced enough?

The locked bitrate you can only get with YT Premium. If you can download it when logged in, there seems to be no indication that it is the locked bitrate.
Not all videos have it.

In my case the cookies just import some history from youtube into AnyStream so I see some suggestions
Those vanish when I use the log out button.
I wouldn't call that "logged in"

For me, Anystream said it was logged in so I assume what it said it was doing was what it was doing. I don't approach an app with the assumption that the devs have a UI element that misrepresents what it is doing.
By Youtube "enhanced bitrate" I mean exactly that. Has been widely reported on, well before it was released.
Code:
https://www.engadget.com/youtube-rolls-out-high-bitrate-1080p-to-all-premium-subscribers-160018538.html.

Well then, now you got the information that you are not logged in with your premium account in youtube.
So you cannot download content only avaliable with a login. :giggle:

Well then, now you got the information that you are not logged in with your premium account in youtube.
So you cannot download content only avaliable with a login. :giggle:
RedFox 1 answer my question clearly and concisely in the first reply. For no reason, you then chose to make a useless comment on that attempting to belittle my question and highlight that you don't know how to do a basic web search before being an ass. You then choose to make another useless comment, again, adding no value to the conversation that again was answered in the first reply.
No idea why you seem to have a pathological need to reply but going forward try to do what most people do: Don't reply if you have nothing to add and if you feel you do, try not being an asshole.

Wow, that went south fast ...

As you can easily find out, English is not my first language, so I'm sorry if you feel offended by what I said.
I personally was just curious about your intentions and shared my own observations.
Why you don't like that and have to verbally attack me in addition, I don't know.

But I wish you all the best in life if you go down this path...

You cannot log in to YouTube, using the YouTube provider that we have in AnyStream. You cannot download premium content.
RedFox 1 answer my question clearly and concisely in the first reply. For no reason, you then chose to make a useless comment on that attempting to belittle my question and highlight that you don't know how to do a basic web search before being an ass. You then choose to make another useless comment, again, adding no value to the conversation that again was answered in the first reply.
No idea why you seem to have a pathological need to reply but going forward try to do what most people do: Don't reply if you have nothing to add and if you feel you do, try not being an asshole.
Please do not speak to our Moderator team in such a tone. Being a part of this forum is not a right it is a privilege. We are here to assist you if we can. You cannot download any premium content with YouTube, AnyStream cannot say it's logged into YouTube. You have your answer, no enhanced or high bitrates if you can't log in to get premium content.
The thread is closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back