• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

WTF French Always on BD Rip to Disk

kidputer

Whenever I rip a BD to disk the audio is always French.
You would think with English selected it would not do this.
My question is ho do I get English.
I have tried many BD diskd bought in USA, yet all ripped m2ts files are French.

What the hell is going on? Does the language selection do anything?

I am mad because I have many rips that are in French?
Why would it pick french anyway, are there not more English speaking people that buy disks.
Change the default language to English already.

Help:bang::mad:

Last edited:
Ass Wrong

All of you are ass wrong on this one (maybe not the sticky) and wasting the thread for those who wish to know the answer. First of all many people do not desire to have the entire ISO. The m2ts of the movie is usually at least 5 GB smaller. So I want to save room. Plus because AnyDVD cannot remove the Adverts and trailers and prohibited features accurately 100% of the time, as proposed by the Blu-Ray settings dialog box, the m2ts of the movie is desirable to me.
:bang:
When someone asks how to get English on the decoded m2ts, it is a ******* thing to suggest they need to use iso. This violates the constraints of the question and of the thread and wastes everyone's time. They did not ask what other methodologies are available using perhaps using an ISO. They asked how to get a desired language by default in the decoded disk files using rip to disk from a BD.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
You really don't have any understanding of what it is you're all mad about, do you? What part of "the PLAYER WILL NOT PLAY IT IF IT'S NOT IN A MOUNTED DRIVE" do you not understand? It's NOT an AnyDVD problem. This is a player issue. If you try to play the m2ts with an HD audio track, PowerDVD will simply REFUSE to play it. It's really that simple. There's really no issue with saving room. Just output your movie only streams to a new BD folder structure and create an ISO from that if you want to play it in PowerDVD. That's it.

Number one reason to deal with the MTS and not the ISO

having to hit the keyboard to start it is my reason for ripping to disk and playing the m2ts files instead.
Just wish I could always get English on the m2ts and wipe the other languages.:bang:

having to hit the keyboard to start it is my reason for ripping to disk and playing the m2ts files instead.
Just wish I could always get English on the m2ts and wipe the other languages.:bang:

Then you need to talk to Cyberlink and have them fix that. The reason you don't get english when playing an m2ts is because PowerDVD refuses to play HD audio tracks and uses no hardware acceleration at all. This is not what we consider to be a "good" situation, but, this is entirely a player problem. Nothing we can do about it. If you want control over the audio track that's played, you will need to create your backup in ISO format. (That does NOT mean you need to keep everything...you can master a movie only ISO quite easily)

Sticky 18 does not answer this DrinkLieAndDie

Many people do not want to ISO. 5GB larger, questionable start ups, etc.
The ISO will also not work on an iPOD or Apple TV.
However you can recode the m2ts and it would work, IF IT WERE THE CORRECT LANGUAGE!
I will put this in a feature request since you are answering it by not answering it.

Do not post in nor create multiple threads about the exact same thing. Click the link in my signature, and read fully.

All of you are ass wrong on this one

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=108609#post108609

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Do consider this a warning. :policeman:

ISO not a solution to the problem I asked.

I asked for a specific solution to the issue of the default language being french in the decoded m2ts. I already know about sticky 18 and I have NO desire for ISOs.
If AnyDVD decoder cannot do this it should and BTW it does touch every byte of the audio and video.
So other than sticky 18 which I have read 10 times now, does anyone have a real solution to this issue.
Hint: the real solution would suggest a way to correct the issue of an undesireable language being the default language in the resultant m2ts files without using the ISO or refering to sticky 18.:disagree:

Then you need to talk to Cyberlink and have them fix that. The reason you don't get english when playing an m2ts is because PowerDVD refuses to play HD audio tracks and uses no hardware acceleration at all. This is not what we consider to be a "good" situation, but, this is entirely a player problem. Nothing we can do about it. If you want control over the audio track that's played, you will need to create your backup in ISO format. (That does NOT mean you need to keep everything...you can master a movie only ISO quite easily)

We are getting closer so now how would you remaster it, dump all languages but English and re-decode it?

If AnyDVD decoder cannot do this it should

Uhh, no. Anydvd is meant to decrypt--not reauthor--nor fix limitations in playback software.

Your issue has nothing to do with Anydvd.

and BTW it does touch every byte of the audio and video.

Anydvd doesn't change anything with respect to audio at all. You have no clue what you're writing about.

So other than sticky 18 which I have read 10 times now

And not understanding anything from it either, apparently . . .

Last edited:
I did read before posting

sorry I am just trying to spur more thought instead of reading a few more references to sticky 18.
Sticky 18 fails on Wal-e and many other recent BD disks made after the BD+ change.
I made the decision to use the m2ts files to save space and I have a real question.
I am not opposed to making sure there is only one instance of this issue as long as it gets an answer other than sticky 18.

I guess I would like to see this added as a feature. I do get it. I am disappointed with you being so short with me.
A "Rip to Hard Disk" control panel would be nice where the user could select stuff they want to dump from the final rip folder like languages. Shrink had a feature set similar to this. I am not sure we getting open and free thinking here.

Mainly I was wondering if anyone in the forum had a suggestion as to how to correct this possibly by other software after the decode or any other way or if maybe it is important enough to make a feature request. Mounting ISOs is a drag and the remove adverts and trailers sometimes makes the ISO unplayable.
Is there an ISO edit for BD?
Is there any other way this might be done.

I guess I would like to see this added as a feature.

Not with Anydvd HD. Probably with Clone BD

Anydvd HD is not a reauthoring program and was never intended to be. It's strength/primary function has always been for HTPC users (not needing to rip original dvds nor Blu-rays from other countries in order to watch them).

I am disappointed with you being so short with me.

I am sooooo inclined to help you after calling moderators and almost the entire forum "ass wrong" . . . (but there are stickies at the top of the forum, and some of them do describe method of reauthoring/ripping movie only, etc.)

I think I'll go watch a movie or play a game now. It's Sunday, and I'm tired.

Last edited:
You really don't have any understanding of what it is you're all mad about, do you? What part of "the PLAYER WILL NOT PLAY IT IF IT'S NOT IN A MOUNTED DRIVE" do you not understand? It's NOT an AnyDVD problem. This is a player issue. If you try to play the m2ts with an HD audio track, PowerDVD will simply REFUSE to play it. It's really that simple. There's really no issue with saving room. Just output your movie only streams to a new BD folder structure and create an ISO from that if you want to play it in PowerDVD. That's it.

yes I do and I don't like all the insults. because I want to recode it for apple TV. All of the recoders are picking up French as well. I do not have PowerDVD installed. I cannot find a recoder that deals with the ISO, but there are many that deal with the m2ts.
I am trying to remember if I ever said anything about PowerDVD?
Just because I use the accronym WTF and I am banging my head does not mean I am mad. I will pick a different icon net time.

yes I do and I don't like all the insults.

kidputer said:
All of you are ass wrong on this one

You're the one doing the insulting. No one insulted you. SamuriHL did not insult you. He told you the truth.

So, that's Adbear, Drinkyleanddie, SamuriHL, etc (almost the entire forum that you're calling "ass wrong").

You owe these people an apology, frankly.

kidputer said:
Just because I use the accronym WTF and I am banging my head does not mean I am mad.

So when people write, "what the F", are banging their heads, and use "mad" emoticons" that means that they aren't angry?

kidputer said:

kidputer said:

Did you happen to read what that icon stands for?

Last edited:
I am glad you said something, I am sorry for saying ass wrong. By ass wrong I meant there were 2 instances where people had asked about how to get the default audio changed or fixed in the resulting m2ts files. The reply to use ISO's assumes you want to play this disk and you want to use ISOs. While a valid work around for a missing feature of being able to select the language like in shrink, the sticky 18 does not help to recode the m2ts file. The reply about PowerDVD assumes I am asking a question I am not asking. But the people asking the questions are not clear on the constraints of the question.
I understand that at this time AnyDVD is not be able to do this using the rip to disk feature.
So let me ask it this way.
Does anyone have any idea on what determines which audio is the default audio that is getting picked up by the recoding programs like VideoConverter.
Is it the first one? Last one?

Thanks OC

Thanks OC, I will research this possibility.

Thanks for taking the time to read through the thread.
Anyone else have any similar possibilities to try.:bowdown:

WoW, since no one else will I will answer the OP's question I will

1) Rip the BD directly from the disk w/ latest version of TsMuxer selecting only the main movie and 1 (english) soundtrack, inside the blu ray folder will be 1 .m2ts file just like you want

2) What ever folder/s that you save the movies to scan it w/ WMP and it will pick up the .m2ts files and save them to your media library but they will all be named .00000

note: You may have to install a codec pack for WMP to play the files (K-Lite, CCCP, ffdshow)

3) Right click on the files to get to properties see the name of the movie in the folder location, use edit to rename the folder in your library

Now you have all your movies saved as BD folders which can be easily converted to ISO's to burn if you want later, but all their .m2ts files are in your library ready to be played w/ the click of 1 button

btw this isn't a theory, it is the way I play all my 230+ Blu Ray folders

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
>So when people write, "what the F", are banging their heads, and use "mad" emoticons" that means that they aren't angry?

Angry and frustrated I was, but not at the moderators :)
:eek:

Back