• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wreck-It Ralph (Screener) not decrypting

Status
Not open for further replies.

begunfx

Hi,
I'm trying to rip my screener of Wreck-It Ralph (United States Region) (and before you ask, It's my screener, and I'm simply trying to put it on my server so I can access remotely).

I'm also having this issue with Frankenwenie (also Disney screener).

Here's what I did and the problems I have:

I installed the latest AnyDVDHD Beta (7.1.2.2)
when I put the disk in AnyDVDHD doesn't seem to do anything (ie. reading the disk etc.). I set AnyDVDHD to default, but no difference.
When I try to use "Rip video DVD to harddisk" it says: Drive "D" is not ready. It looks to me like AnyDVDHD isn't decrypting the disk. My ultimate goal is to use handbrake (like I do with all my movies) to rip the disk, but handbrake says it's either encrypted or it's a bad disk.

Attached is a copy of the AnyDVDHD log for your review.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.2.2_Info_D_WIR.zip
    36.2 KB · Views: 32
That's not e complete logfile. Files are missing

This is not a official release dvd, so maybe there are mastering errors or defective dvd. The movie is in theater yet.

That's why they call it a screener. Screeners are ment for a select public for the studios to check the response and/or ment for award ceremonies entries. They're not ment for joe public. Highly doubt this is an original disc. "Your screener"? Seriously doubt it

Thanks for the responses. First off, I figured there would be someone with a response, that is ignorant and comes to hasty conclusions basted solely on a post and without any additional information.

To answer to anyone who thinks I'm simply another random person who "acquired" an illegal copy of a academy screener, I am a visual effects professional, and have been in the entertainment business for almost twenty years. I am a member of the Visual effects society, and as a courtesy of our membership, receive academy screeners every year. I simply want to add this movie to my server so I can view it at my choosing.

Now getting back to my issue with this movie. I get about 12 screeners a year, the majority of them rip perfectly fine, and yes most of those are academy screeners and not retail releases. The only ones I'm currently seeming to have trouble are both Wreck-it-ralph, and frankenwenie (yes both are currently in theatres), and both are Disney releases (which is why I suspect it might be something they changed in the encryption?).

When I put the movie in, AnyDVDHD doesn't seem to even scan them. Any other movie, I get the "currently scanning please wait till the disk is available". That is probably why you noticed that there are some missing log files. I'm guessing that AnyDVDHD isn't getting far enough in it's process to produce those files.

Any helpful information would be most appreciated. Please leave your negative comments and flaming at home.

Thanks.

Going by what little information that is contained in the aborted log file you don't need, nor want really, AnyDVD to decrypt the disc. Region free with no CSS protection. You should be able to do a simple Windows copy, with AnyDVD disabled or not running, to back up the files. If you get errors while doing a Windows copy then the media is fubar, or the drive doesn't like the media, and nothing you do will get you a good back up.

FurryGuy is correct. This is not an AnyDVD issue. AnyDVD is not needed, because of this:

Video DVD (or CD) label: WIR
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

It's probably watermarked or something so in case you leak it, it can be traced back to you. But, there is no CSS on this disc. Simply use ImgBurn or CloneDVD or whatever you want.

This is a homemade & unprotected disk, not an official screener. It's not an AnyDVD issue. Thread closed.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.2.2, BDPHash.bin 12-11-23)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH12LS30 1.01 C00706119KB4P43346
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2221600 sectors (4339 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WIR
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

Wreck it Ralph PART 2

Okay guys, this is really not cool. I have a legitimate concern regarding a legitimate issue, and all I seem to get it flack and crap from some of the posters AND moderator on this forum. My screener IS legitimate! I'm sorry that you've probably come across enough people out there that are trying to pull crap so that's probably why you are coming to these quick, rediculous conclusions. The information you are seeing from my logs is NOT accurate. I've tried using AnyDVDHD and tried it without it. The screener plays fine as a movie, but will not rip or get recognized by AnyDVDHD.

If you still don't think I'm who I say I am, you can go to my professional website: www.brianbegun.com
and my IMDB credits:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0066835/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Again, all I'm asking for is some legitimate help and feedback and not flaming, rash conclusions..

Wreck-It-Ralph Screener

Hey all,

I know you guys closed a thread on this already but I have the same screener and am having a similar problem. All the VOB, IFO, and BUP files show up on the root of the disc and are 2k in size however when I try to copy the files off or when I try to rip to either HD or ISO with AnyDVD i get a Drive Not Ready error. This is apparently a new type of CopyProtect mechanism and I'd be interested in solving it.

Thanks,

X

Without a log file there is not a thing anyone can do to help you.

If your "screener" is the same as the one previously then you can copy it without AnyDVD, there are no CSS protections.

But without a log file no one can tell you a thing about what might be the problem you are experiencing.

Don't know how to create a log file? Then read this:

PLEASE read this before you post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back