• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Workin VPN for Anystream

KleeMain

Hello,

I was using tunnel bear to connect for Anystream. From the beggining of the week it blocks the connection. I've read a similar thread here but even with nordvpn it doesn't work.

Is anyone here using VPN for it and IT WORKS?

I use Surfshark with Amazon. Haven't used it this year I think, but it always worked for the past two years.

But then again, I use Surfshark also and only worked maybe 20% of the time so it’s really hit and miss. AMAZON will block many VPNs. Maybe it will work on some other providers. You need a different account in every country to use Amazon.

HolaVPN works most of the time, but it's really slow. Their Client is also awful.

Hello,

I was using tunnel bear to connect for Anystream. From the beggining of the week it blocks the connection. I've read a similar thread here but even with nordvpn it doesn't work.

Is anyone here using VPN for it and IT WORKS?
I'm having issues with NordVPN and the ITV section of the app. Any recommendations welcome.

HolaVPN works most of the time, but it's really slow. Their Client is also awful.

Code:
Hola is one of the worst “free” VPN services out there. This is because it not only collects and sells user information but turns computers into exit nodes that allow them to cash in on their user's bandwidth.

the best way to use a VPN to access streaming services is to set up a VPN client on your router. I use Nord and it never fails.
You might need to test a few different servers for best performance and also, once connected, visit https://ipinfo.io and if "type" is listed as "isp" you're good.
Screenshot 2024-04-27 113459.png

Download speeds will be slower and there's nothing anyone here can do about it, it's just the way it is. I have a PC dedicated to this/video editing etc so in my router, I set only that PC to use the VPN. I queue up the shows I want and go live my life. Come back later and they're done.

Many VPN "vendors" re-sell points of presence from one particular multi-national, so all the providers have to do is block all of the AS numbers associated with that multi-national, which is why people forking out for VPN quickly discover they get blocked. Do your research, and ask the right questions of the service you are wanting to go with.

never had issues with nordvpn, apart from ITVX. speeds are super, ultra low for US, but UK is acceptable. that being said, went with a proxy service and speeds are awesome and so far so good. still have nord as a backup since some US based websites sometimes give me troubles with proxy, but nord always works. its all hit and miss, actually.

When I was accessing Prime Video in a different country, I needed to use "obfuscated servers" with NordVPN or it would specifically say it knew I was using a VPN and wouldn't let me view anything. Maybe connecting to one of those might help?

Screenshot 2024-04-27 155216.png

Code:
Hola is one of the worst “free” VPN services out there. This is because it not only collects and sells user information but turns computers into exit nodes that allow them to cash in on their user's bandwidth.
They have a paid plan and that will not use you as an exit node, I do not use any free VPNs.
However I wouldn't trust most VPN providers and will never use them for "normal" traffic, I only download with anystream using designated VMs and only use those sketchy VPNs in those VMs.

I've been using NordVPN for a few weeks and had no problems other than some hit and miss with ITVX, but I think that service is buggy by itself.

I have no issues with NordVPN but you are much better off using a proxy or smart DNS service.

I have tested these and they all work for Amazon, Netflix and Hulu:

Code:
https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
https://dns4me.net/
https://controld.com/

'dns4me doesn't affect your speed. Using our DNS/handshaking servers you can enjoy your original speed while streaming video and audio or browsing'

whuuuut? i mean, its logical, but this might be a better deal even than my unlimited data transfer proxy for 5$ (but speeds are definitely not 10Gbit). hm... i shall give this one a try. for a mere 4$ per month its actually acceptable. thanks.

I've had a mixed experience with VPNs; while they're great for privacy, I've found they can sometimes cause issues with certain services like Anystream. In my case, a VPN slowed down my downloads significantly, and I even got temporarily blocked once. After some research, I switched to using a proxy, which seemed to strike a better balance for my needs. It provided enough anonymity without the downsides of a VPN, like slower speeds or service conflicts.

If you're considering a switch or want to explore options beyond VPNs, proxies might be worth looking into. They can offer a good level of privacy without affecting your service usage as much. For more info about features and prices, you can check out https://proxys.io/en.

What you need is a residential proxy. A residential proxy is a network of intermediary servers that use real IP addresses assigned to people by their internet service provider (ISP). They can be used to enhance online privacy, bypass geo-location restrictions, and access secured websites

Speaking of Residential IPs, i have been debating getting a DPN device. I would appreciate any feedback by users who have purchased one of these devices.

Since my internet speed is 3gbps in both directions, i was eyeing the Deeper Connect Mini and only using it on my "International Downloads Machine" (Yes, i have a PC dedicated to downloading from other regions using AS and SF). That way i can still have my full speeds for my everyday stuff and local downloads.

For those who don't know, DPN stands for DeePer Network. It is a Decentralized VPN and the devices come with 7-layer firewall, ad blocking, parental controls, no monthly fees, and over 150,000+ "servers" worldwide.

More info on this at:
Code:
https://www.deeper.network/

The most appealing things for me are:
  • No monthly fees
  • Residential IPs from around the world
  • Smart Routing (Where it automatically chooses the right tunnel for the site you connect to. No need to connect to a specific country)
If anyone has one of these devices, i'd like to know of your experience with the speed, the smart routing and if you are sharing bandwidth. Also, does it still work well without you sharing the bandwidth?

@RedFox 1: If this post doesn't belong here, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

Speaking of Residential IPs, i have been debating getting a DPN device. I would appreciate any feedback by users who have purchased one of these devices.

Since my internet speed is 3gbps in both directions, i was eyeing the Deeper Connect Mini and only using it on my "International Downloads Machine" (Yes, i have a PC dedicated to downloading from other regions using AS and SF). That way i can still have my full speeds for my everyday stuff and local downloads.

For those who don't know, DPN stands for DeePer Network. It is a Decentralized VPN and the devices come with 7-layer firewall, ad blocking, parental controls, no monthly fees, and over 150,000+ "servers" worldwide.

More info on this at:
Code:
https://www.deeper.network/

The most appealing things for me are:
  • No monthly fees
  • Residential IPs from around the world
  • Smart Routing (Where it automatically chooses the right tunnel for the site you connect to. No need to connect to a specific country)
If anyone has one of these devices, i'd like to know of your experience with the speed, the smart routing and if you are sharing bandwidth. Also, does it still work well without you sharing the bandwidth?

@RedFox 1: If this post doesn't belong here, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section.
It's fine jpp72. Your post has some really good content so I just might share it in some other threads, but it can stay here. No problem. :thankyou:

Back