• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

With one or the other film, the audio shifts and it becomes asynchronous.

Mosqui

Hello dear redfox team, they have created a unique and ingenious program but for example in Harry Potter 4 it was not nice to see this movie with a second audio delay. Please correct this error somehow.

Hello dear redfox team, they have created a unique and ingenious program but for example in Harry Potter 4 it was not nice to see this movie with a second audio delay. Please correct this error somehow.
I have not experienced this with over 10,000 downloads since the program was coded, but I cannot help you at all without a log file to see what your issue is.

^ I'm going to add that you should probably include what software you're using to watch the movie, since that wouldn't be in a log file. Even if it is a problem on AnyStream's end, the player you're using might also matter. (Some software handles slightly malformed video files better than others.)

Try to redownload it, but maybe it is something with the file itself. In that case AS cannot fix that, because it only downloads what the provider delivers.
But in many players like VLC you can set a delay manually, doing so you can get them back into synch.

In that case AS cannot fix that, because it only downloads what the provider delivers.
Anystream downloads the video and audio bitstream from providers untouched, but it's pretty clearly remuxing those streams into the final file. You don’t need to re-encode to fix audio video sync, except in really weird cases.

IMO, unless this video is also out of sync when it's played on the web, or all of the OP's videos are out of sync in whatever playback software they use, this is fundamentally an AnyStream issue. (Whether it's the highest priority one is another matter.)

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand, how did adding chapter markers clue you in to the fact that the audio was slightly out of sync?
I'm no longer sure if the Audio/Video is out of sync, I just know when I use MKVToolNix to go from mp4 to mkv it adds 83 ms delay to the video when the files were ripped from Netflix.

I'm no longer sure if the Audio/Video is out of sync, I just know when I use MKVToolNix to go from mp4 to mkv it adds 83 ms delay to the video when the files were ripped from Netflix.
Ah, I see! That's actual fairly normal for remuxing in my experience, although I couldn't tell you why. I don't think it's related to AnyStream though, or OP's issue.

I am very grateful for this support. When I noticed the audio delay in the AS download, I watched the movie on netflix myself and there was no audio delay.

That's life, some things do not work the same for everyone. If we cant reproduce it, we cant fix it.

I have tested about 25 movies, for this issue. I cannot reproduce it. Please try a different playback software.

Ah, I see! That's actual fairly normal for remuxing in my experience, although I couldn't tell you why. I don't think it's related to AnyStream though, or OP's issue.
For some reason (i don't know why) mkvmerge adds different delays to the audio depending on the format. For AAC it adds 9 ms when muxing and I have no clue why.
Apparently it's complicated. You can get around the 80 ms delay issue fairly easy, but it needs some tinkering. On a side note you cannot trust mediainfo when it comes to audio delays.

The following screenshot is from gMKVExtract GUI showing the difference when muxing the same MP4 file created by Anystream, with two different programs.
The one on the left was muxed with TMPEGEnc and the one on the rigth was muxed using mkvmerge and as you can see mkvmerge is the one making the delay.
If you look closely on the picture to the right. You will see the video delay to be 80 ms and the audio delay to be -80 ms.

66dab116784f00d2d865f7791e861b8e.png

If your only option is to mux using mkvmerge you can get around the issue by doing the following.

1. extract video and audio from the MP4 using FFMPEG
2. mux the extracted video and audio using mkvmerge

If doing so you will get a MKV file looking like this ...

39e86e6e376c23892136fc442876afe7.png

Which is exactly the same as muxing it with TMPEGEnc.

So you would do as follows ... :

To extract video use : ffmpeg -i g:\your_video_file.mp4 -vcodec copy output-video.h264
To extract audio use :ffmpeg -i g:\your_video_file.mp4 -vn -acodec copy output-audio.ac3

This will create two files : output-video.h264 and output-audio.ac3 which you can then mux using mkvmerge and you will have a MKV file with no delays.

Last edited:
Back