• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC Public Availability

Again I was unable to use my 3rd or fourth gig of RAM without the update hence I was getting the BSOD at reboot. So yes I had to have it as I am not going to have 1 or 2 gigs of RAM that weren't vheap at that time sitting and doing nothing. so it was the update of a slower running system.

Again I was unable to use my 3rd or fourth gig of RAM without the update hence I was getting the BSOD at reboot. So yes I had to have it as I am not going to have 1 or 2 gigs of RAM that weren't vheap at that time sitting and doing nothing. so it was the update of a slower running system.

Getting a BSOD, when attempting to fill the 3rd and 4th RAM slot, would have been a hardware/MOBO issue. The update is required by the 64Bit OS (XP or Vista) to "see" the full 4 G's, as opposed to the 3.3 G's, but doesn't affect the MOBO's recognition of RAM. MOBO RAM recognition is determined in the BIOS and many newer MOBO's do require a BIOS update, some just require a simple tweak, to use the "see" 4 G's.

OK you win but I win too as the kb update did fix the issue as there is no bios update for the board. Point being is I needed the update.

No contest.......nothing to win.............I simply validated my point about updates.
Yes, you needed the update for the 64 Bit OS to recognize the whole 4G's of RAM.

No contest.......nothing to win.............I simply validated my point about updates.
Yes, you needed the update for the 64 Bit OS to recognize the whole 4G's of RAM.

No I didn't need it to see the 4 gigs of RAM I needed it to be able to boot into windows when 4 gigs of ram was installed.

No I didn't need it to see the 4 gigs of RAM I needed it to be able to boot into windows when 4 gigs of ram was installed.

64Bit OS's need the update to see 4G's of RAM. Without the update they only see 3.3G's.......but they will boot to an OS. I have no idea why your PC wouldn't boot, into the OS, without an OS upgrade. My best guess would be you had another problem that was coincidentally corrected.
Oh well, as long s it works.

A newer version of SP1 and remember this is stil a RC aka beta! I am running it currently and it seemed to improve startup some and still playing around with this build to name any others.

Details on how to get it.
Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 778 RC Public Availability Program

Thought I would bump this topic as it is needed if you are using Windows Vista any version to make a backup of disney twitches too. Below is the thread of the issue without Vista's SP 1 beta.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12949

Back