• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC Public Availability

Hopefully this means the final release isn't too far off. I prefer slipstreaming and doing a clean install for service packs, though, rather than getting them off Windows Update.

Also, I haven't even installed my copy of Vista yet, lol. Been waiting for SP1... hopefully XP SP3 is released around the same time. I'm looking forward to the latter far more than the former.

I dont like the vista much as i dont feel comfortable working in it. I am still feel better by working in Windows XP. That is still lot better than the vista. Working with it is quite easy.

Hopefully this means the final release isn't too far off. I prefer slipstreaming and doing a clean install for service packs, though, rather than getting them off Windows Update.

Also, I haven't even installed my copy of Vista yet, lol. Been waiting for SP1... hopefully XP SP3 is released around the same time. I'm looking forward to the latter far more than the former.

I also prefer slipstreaming but, so far, all Vista updates are available only Windows through updates. I'm suspecting that SP1 will be the same.

Actually there is a way to get the updates and the SP1 when released without the need to go through windows update manager. I'll get that info in a bit.

Manually Downloading ALL Windows Updates

I'll explain how to Download ALL Windows updates for each Microsoft OS (works with Windows 2000 and up)

Probably you know you can use Microsoft Download center to Download some updates, however you cannot Download the Updates which are "exclusive" in Windows Update (aka no manual Downloads), but, Microsoft has one thing' named "Microsoft Update Catalog", which will allow you to Download the updates that you can only() find in Windows Update.

And that is what we are going to use to Download the "exclusive Windows Updates".

Please note that the updates you can find at the Microsoft Download Center will not appear in this way, since they can be already manually downloaded.

----

Requirements:

Internet Explorer 6+ (NOT compatible with Firefox, Opera, etc)

Windows 2000+

----

Tested on Windows Vista with Internet Explorer 7. Also testes on Internet Explorer 64 bit.

----

1- Open your Internet Explorer and copy and use the following link:

Code:
http://test.catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

If the link doesn't work, simply use only this:

Code:
http://test.catalog.update.microsoft.com/

it should detect automatically your system.

mscatae9wq5.png

2- Now just type what you want to find (eg: Windows Vista), and it will show you all Updates available for Windows (including Hotfixes, Security Updates, Drivers, etc)

updateselectbn3yw7.png

3- After the catalog show you the results simply click on ADD on the right, basically this is like shopping, you put what you want in the basket and then you get all at the same time (no need to pay here).

basketeu4zo9.png

4 image limit so continued on the next post reply.

4- After you ADD all that you need, just click on the basket, there you go, you have all the updates that you choose ready to Download, just Click on the
downloadpw2ei1.png
and a new window will appear, which will allow you to Download the files to a folder at your choice in your computer (Browse).

downloadingpy7gp9.png

That's all

can anyone tell me what tm-2megatron means when he says slip streaming.and if I want to do a clean install like he says he likes to do does that mean you have to wipe your hard drive.

can anyone tell me what tm-2megatron means when he says slip streaming.and if I want to do a clean install like he says he likes to do does that mean you have to wipe your hard drive.

Slipstreaming means instead of doing a clean install (reformatting the hard drive) and re-installing Windows then doing the updates you can slipstream the updates or Service Packs into a new Windows instillation and not need to update at that given time as long as you gor all the current updates for that time being. Usually people don't slipstream till SP 1 is released.

so if I reformat my hard drive do I olny reformat the d drive or do I have to reformat the c drive as well.and will I need to reload vista back on my harddrive from my retail disc.I assume when you refomat it means your are wiping all data on the hard drive.Thanks for your help charlie.

You use your vista disc and VLite plus all the KB updates or the SP's and recreate a new Vista disc to use. Reformat the drive windows runs on of course for a clean install.

Do you know if this method works with non-English version of Vista?

so if I reformat my hard drive do I olny reformat the d drive or do I have to reformat the c drive as well.and will I need to reload vista back on my harddrive from my retail disc.I assume when you refomat it means your are wiping all data on the hard drive.Thanks for your help charlie.

Your OS must be on your C: Drive. Formatting will wipe all previous data from the drive or partition.

Not hard at all, as to what hotfixes you need for Vista go into the control panel and double click program then view installed updates to get all the KB's you need.

Not hard at all, as to what hotfixes you need for Vista go into the control panel and double click program then view installed updates to get all the KB's you need.

No, there is nothing "hard" about it but I think you are missing my point. MS updates are classified by numbers and not nomenclature. Viewing what is or isn't installed doesn't really give you any pertinent information.
No one "needs" all, if any, of MS updates/hotfixes.

I beg to differ as I did need Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB929777) Just to run my OS due to a bug in Windows Vista. Of course I could of just used 3 gigs of RAM but I really wanted my fourth stick as well. So saying no one needs isn't entirely true for everyone. You are right though some of the updates aren't really needed but we users get them to feel safe and that are PC's will run smoothly.

I beg to differ as I did need Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB929777) Just to run my OS due to a bug in Windows Vista. Of course I could of just used 3 gigs of RAM but I really wanted my fourth stick as well. So saying no one needs isn't entirely true for everyone. You are right though some of the updates aren't really needed but we users get them to feel safe and that are PC's will run smoothly.

Your update was necessary for your preference(actually you would have had 3.3G usable) but again that diverts from my original point.
Updates are listed numerically and NOT by nomenclature (i.e. Number XXXXXX Vista Security Fix..which tells me nothing) so searching the MS site doesn't give the user any relative information about the updates or their purpose.

Back