• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Windows 7RC & PowerDVD 7

scottb4u

I've been running the first beta of Windows 7 and everything functioned perfectly. I was using PowerDVD 7.3.4617a and the latest AnyDVD to rip and mount iso's.

I just upgraded to the Windows 7RC and at first iso's would not mount. So I downloaded the latest beta for Virtual Clone Drive. They then mounted.

But now I am getting an error code for any Blu-ray, be it iso's or a disc. The Powerdvd error code is 80040265 and they ask that I submit an explanation of the error.

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Yes

I've been running the first beta of Windows 7 and everything functioned perfectly. I was using PowerDVD 7.3.4617a and the latest AnyDVD to rip and mount iso's.

I just upgraded to the Windows 7RC and at first iso's would not mount. So I downloaded the latest beta for Virtual Clone Drive. They then mounted.

But now I am getting an error code for any Blu-ray, be it iso's or a disc. The Powerdvd error code is 80040265 and they ask that I submit an explanation of the error.

Anyone else having this issue?

PowerDVD 7 will not work in Windows 7. You must use version 8 or 9.

Yes it does, I'm using 7.3 4617a in Win 7 build 7100 with no problems.
Check you graphics card drivers

I've already upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers. Perhaps deleting and re-installing PowerDVD? Could that work?

Remember, this all worked perfectly in Windows 7 beta, so it does work in 7.

You could try uninstalling then reinstalling. I'd do a search in google for PDVD and that error code

Depends

Yes it does, I'm using 7.3 4617a in Win 7 build 7100 with no problems.
Check you graphics card drivers

Depends on what beta version your running. I know that the first public release works but the next reversion did not work. I have not tried it on RC1 recently released. But why would you want 7 when 8 2217.50 works fine?

PowerDVD 9 solves the problem. Somehow ver 7 got corrupted on the upgrade. I installed 9 and it works like a charm.

But it doesn't start automatically when clicking on an iso nor does my media center remote control it. Everything else is peachy!

Thanks for your help...

Depends on what beta version your running. I know that the first public release works but the next reversion did not work. I have not tried it on RC1 recently released. But why would you want 7 when 8 2217.50 works fine?

Maybe because they get 7.3 free with the drive and you have to pay for 8

PowerDVD 9 solves the problem. Somehow ver 7 got corrupted on the upgrade. I installed 9 and it works like a charm.

But it doesn't start automatically when clicking on an iso nor does my media center remote control it. Everything else is peachy!

Thanks for your help...

What do you have set as the autoplay program for blu-ray discs?

Has anybody had any sucess getting PowerDVD 7.3 to work (specifically with HD-DVD) on Windows 7 RC1 (7100)?

I have PowerDVD 9 which works fine, but still need 7.3 for my HD-DVDs.

I've tried the mod to allow PowerDVD 8 to play HD-DVD, but when I install the latest patch (which fixes the driver error on Windows 7) it breaks the HD-DVD support again and if I try to reinstall (the HD-DVD tweak) it won't play HD-DVD still (it just opens up the Edit Playlist window).

Any ideas on how to either get PowerDVD 7.3 to run (with HD-DVD support, i.e. fix the driver issue) on Windows 7, or how to make PowerDVD 8.0.2705a.50 play HD-DVD please?

Thanks,

Paul

What driver issue?
On Windows 7 RC1, both PowerDVD7.3 and 8 report that the graphics driver is incompatible (yes, I'm using the latest nVidia drivers).

Cyberlink fixed this in the latest patch for PowerDVD 8 (it plays BluRay fine with that patch), but no patch has been released for PowerDVD 7.3 and the latest patch for PowerDVD 8 breaks the HD-DVD fix.

From what I've been able to find, unless Cyberlink release a patch for 7.3, that is probably a non-starter, so PowerDVD 8 with the HD-DVD fix looks like the only solution, expect I can't find a fix that works for the latest version...

Oh the joys of a vicious circle!

Paul

What graphics card, I get no warning when I use 7.3 under Win7 7100

have you tried earlier drivers? 7.3 hasn't been updated for a while so it won't recognise newer drivers

I've only tried the immediately previous version, which I think are the only 2 drivers nVidia have released for Windows 7 (but could well be wrong).

Before I put RC1 on, I was using the 185.85 drivers on Vista 64 bit and both PowerDVD 7.3 and 9 were working fine with those.

Frustratingly enough, Cyberlink's BDAdvisor doesn't find any problems, so it seems to be a 7.3 issue...

I've only tried the immediately previous version, which I think are the only 2 drivers nVidia have released for Windows 7 (but could well be wrong).

Before I put RC1 on, I was using the 185.85 drivers on Vista 64 bit and both PowerDVD 7.3 and 9 were working fine with those.

Frustratingly enough, Cyberlink's BDAdvisor doesn't find any problems, so it seems to be a 7.3 issue...

I just installed PDVD7 3319a on my system "for the hell of it" lol

Windows 7 RC 64-bit build 7100
8800GTX
nvidia 185.85 drivers

no problems

ocgw

peace

Hmmm, stranger and stranger.

Well, I've tried it a couple of times already, but I'll give it another try and see what happens...

Just tried PowerDVD 7.3 3514 again, same result, "incompatible graphics driver". :mad:

Just tried PowerDVD 7.3 3514 again, same result, "incompatible graphics driver". :mad:

guess what it popped up on my PDVD7 and PDVD8 too after I tried to load vista drivers to get DD from MC7, & then PDVD7 was broken, then I tried to change audio and video drivers and the whole OS was broke, I ended up reformating before realizing the obvious, Windows 7 installed the best driver for Creative Labs audio, the vista driver I installed was not for 64-bit (there is no 64-bit vista driver for a audigy 2 ZS platinum)

got it all fixed now tho'

ocgw

peace

Last edited:
I have a solution to play HD-DVD disk on Windows 7 (7600). It works fine.
First, install PowerDVD 7.3, then, you must empty the folder C:\Windows\Installer, and finally apply the update patch. Enjoy !

PS : I'm french, sorry for English language.

Last edited:
Back