• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Windows 11 22H2 Update released

Among other features, you get tabbed browsing in File Explorer

Among other features, you get tabbed browsing in File Explorer

Not directly. I updated to W11 22H2 last week, no tabbed file explorer. They're releasing that (and other functionality) with the november security update

Code:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/

(almost at the very bottom)

The new features will be made broadly available to all editions of Windows 11, version 22H2 in the November 2022 security update release

Not directly. I updated to W11 22H2 last week, no tabbed file explorer. They're releasing that (and other functionality) with the november security update

Code:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2022/10/18/making-the-everyday-easier-with-new-experiences-available-in-windows-11/

(almost at the very bottom)
I am using the tabbed browsing right now.
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎9/‎20/‎2022
OS build 22621.675
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Tabbed browsing.gif You did not download this last week bro

New update.gif

Last edited:
Not that specific version no, but I did update to build of 22h2, leaving to work soon I'll check my exact build this evening

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Those features aren't tied to a specific build. Ms is using feature flags and rolling out the updates to groups of users. At certain times they unleash the feature generally to coincide with the release of a specific build but the feature isn't tied to that build in any way. All of this stuff has been baked in for quite a while now. It's just a matter of them enabling them.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Those features aren't tied to a specific build. Ms is using feature flags and rolling out the updates to groups of users. At certain times they unleash the feature generally to coincide with the release of a specific build but the feature isn't tied to that build in any way. All of this stuff has been baked in for quite a while now. It's just a matter of them enabling them.

All I know is that update would not come down for me (the tabbed explorer one) or manually install until I was on 22H2. While on 21H2 it was a no go.

Last edited:
Because feature flags aren't enabled until you're on the build they're meant for. My point wasn't that you'd get the features without a new build. My point was that despite having a new build you still may not necessarily automatically get the new features until they are enabled for you by ms.

This version was not released until today. I posted the version above, make sure yours is version .675

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/top ... b93c282726

Well as i said, i did update to 22H2 last week, and it didn't contain the tabbed explorer. Currently running this build
upload_2022-10-19_16-59-5.png
I do have 2 KB's on hold until the weekend KB5018427 (cumulative update) & KB890830 (malicious software removal tool). I don't like updating during the week, i always install them over the weekend so i can troubleshoot in case it was needed. I suspect the KB5018427 may be the one that enables tabbed explorer. Though officially its not scheduled until end november, as that link i posted states. Either way, its no big deal for me at least :) I can wait, i'll get it when i get it.

Well as i said, i did update to 22H2 last week, and it didn't contain the tabbed explorer. Currently running this build
View attachment 67851
I do have 2 KB's on hold until the weekend KB5018427 (cumulative update) & KB890830 (malicious software removal tool). I don't like updating during the week, i always install them over the weekend so i can troubleshoot in case it was needed. I suspect the KB5018427 may be the one that enables tabbed explorer. Though officially its not scheduled until end november, as that link i posted states. Either way, its no big deal for me at least :) I can wait, i'll get it when i get it.

I just jumped through some hoops to get the tabbed explorer so I can tell you exactly. It does not come with 22H2 but you have to have 22H2 to be able to get the update. I had to manually upgrade to 22H2 but once I did if you manually check updates you should see kb5019509 which contains the tabbed explorer I believe. If you don't manually check it comes automatically next month as I understand it.

Those are the feature flag pushes I was talking about. The code for the tabbed explorer (and other changes that will be sprinkled throughout the life of this version of 11) is already in the very first builds of 22h2. But just because you're running a build that has it doesn't mean it's enabled for you until they enable the feature flag through one of these pushes. You can find a program that can be used to force enable them but I'd not really recommend that. It's about time they started building software like this. It's the best way to do it.

I just jumped through some hoops to get the tabbed explorer so I can tell you exactly. It does not come with 22H2 but you have to have 22H2 to be able to get the update. I had to manually upgrade to 22H2 but once I did if you manually check updates you should see kb5019509 which contains the tabbed explorer I believe. If you don't manually check it comes automatically next month as I understand it.
I just posted it above coming through Windows Update, maybe they are doing region by region.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/windows-11-22h2-update-released.85524/page-3#post-587776

Screenshot 2022-10-19 183957.png

Edition Windows 11 Enterprise
Version 22H2
Installiert am ‎07.‎10.‎2022
Betriebssystembuild 22621.675
Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0

Screenshot 2022-10-19 184457.png

Must be a staggered rollout I don't have it yet even if I manually check.
I have the option of installing 22H2 on Win 10, I think I will wait for next Wednesday. My daily back-up schedule creates a full HD backup on Thursday with daily differentials based on that full backup. The last major upgrade I ended up with differentials that were larger than the full backup.

I have the space on by data HD, but still....

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎9/‎20/‎2022
OS build 22621.755
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-preview-64040bea-1e02-4b6d-bad1-b036200c2cb3

Also, for info, with Coffee Lake processor, Pioneer BDR-211 blu-Ray drive, Asus A390 motherboard, Windows 11 version 22H2, PowerDVD21 continues to play UHD blu-Ray media OK without AnyDVDHD running.

Windows update hasn’t broken SGX (so far).

Last edited:
Back