• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will AnyDVD HD work to copy 3D Blu-ray Disc?

It won't be 3D anymore if you do that. You have to rip from the original disc as an ISO if you want to keep the 3D part of the disc as well
It is a bluray ripped to hard drive but the 2 folders total 70 gig how can i burn these to a 50 bluray . Thanks

You can't, you have to rip the original as an ISO if you want to burn it back to a Blu-ray disc

I guess there is no way to split a 50GB 3D iso in half? Wouldn't that be nice, and cheaper too??

not that much cheaper when you can buy DL BD-r's for around £3.50-£4 from ebay

That's probably because you didn't tell it to make a disc copy in DVDFab, if you don't it just makes an ISO from the files it reads off the disc rather than a sector by sector ISO. Anyway if you have AnyDVD HD running you can just make an ISO using Imgburn then burn it back to DL disc after

Is there a reason why someone can not use AnyDVD HD to burn the 3d movie iso then use Imgburn to create to D/L Blu ray? That is how I do it for my 2D movies.

It depends on what the source is, if the 3DBD has been ripped to folder structure it becomes impossible. This is because the 2nd eye stream (that's only "virtually" on the disc) gets unpacked aswell along with everything else resulting in a folder structure thats usually too big for a double layer blu-ray. The only way to currently backup a 3DBD is to rip to ISO and then burn the ISO back to this, this way the structure of the disc remains intact and it can be burnt just fine.

It depends on what the source is, if the 3DBD has been ripped to folder structure it becomes impossible. This is because the 2nd eye stream (that's only "virtually" on the disc) gets unpacked aswell along with everything else resulting in a folder structure thats usually too big for a double layer blu-ray. The only way to currently backup a 3DBD is to rip to ISO and then burn the ISO back to this, this way the structure of the disc remains intact and it can be burnt just fine.

Thanks but I am not completely clear on this yet. You can right click on the ANYDVD HD icon then click on 'Rip to Image' which creates an iso. Does this not work properly for 3D movies?

Is there a reason why someone can not use AnyDVD HD to burn the 3d movie iso then use Imgburn to create to D/L Blu ray? That is how I do it for my 2D movies.

Sure, this works.

Thanks but I am not completely clear on this yet. You can right click on the ANYDVD HD icon then click on 'Rip to Image' which creates an iso. Does this not work properly for 3D movies?

It does work.

It seems you may be confused as to the difference between ISO & hard-disk rips, especially by how Adbear described the way the competition works.

From his description, their default "ISO" rip apparently rips to hard disk and then builds a new ISO from that (two separate steps using AnyDVD & ImgBurn); that's not a true ISO rip. Hard-disk rips don't detect BD3D's filesystem-level "virtual" second-eye links (similar to FAT crosslinked clusters, though not a perfect analogy); they simply re-copy the content those links point to. That's what causes most BD3D hard-disk rips, or any ISOs created from them, to go over the 50GB limit; the crosslinked data exists only once on the original BD3D, but at least twice in the hard-disk rip or anything created from it.

A true ISO rip, as performed by both the AnyDVD ripper and ImgBurn (and apparently as a "sector-by-sector" ISO rip by the competition), copies the disc's complete low-level structure--including the second-eye links--directly to the .iso file, thus preserving those links and the original disc size. Likewise, ImgBurn copies that low-level structure--again, including the links--from the ISO directly to a dual-layer BD-R/RE, so the links and original disc size are preserved; the crosslinked data appears only once in a true ISO rip or any BDs burned directly from it, just like the original BD3D.

Thus, burning from a true ISO rip of a BD3D, i.e., one created directly from the original by the AnyDVD ripper or ImgBurn, is OK; but burns generated from hard-disk rips of BD3Ds (apparently including the competition's default "ISO" rip) will almost always fail.

Back