• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will AnyDVD HD work to copy 3D Blu-ray Disc?

sj1991

Will AnyDVD HD allow the backup of BluRay 3D DVD, and if so is ther any differance in the backup software that one would use?

Will AnyDVD HD work to copy Bluray 3D disk Reply to Thread

Thanks,:rock: I stream my movies from my HD on my PC to my Samsung TV using there PC share program. Do you know what I would do to be able to stream them in a DivX plus or .mkv format?

Thanks,:rock: I stream my movies from my HD on my PC to my Samsung TV using there PC share program. Do you know what I would do to be able to stream them in a DivX plus or .mkv format?

I am going to solve that problem with an HTPC with wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, PowerDVD, VCD, and a WiFi adapter. It is a pain to convert to one the streaming formats supported by SAMSUNG PC Share. I will use my portable dvd reader to install the OS.

I'm not 100% positive, but it seems like you would have issues streaming a blu-ray through a wireless connection, not enough bandwidth. I could see a wired gigabit lan definitely, but not wireless.

Will AnyDVD HD work to copy Bluray 3D disk

I'm not 100% positive, but it seems like you would have issues streaming a blu-ray through a wireless connection, not enough bandwidth. I could see a wired gigabit lan definitely, but not wireless.

I have been doing it since July using a samsung BluRay player with a G wireless adapter built in. I now have there INTERNET TV which I ran a wire in the attic and the stream is flawless. There is not much of a problem going on as far as bandwidth, but I am limited to file types of DivX Plus or .MKV:bang:

I am going to solve that problem with an HTPC with wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, PowerDVD, VCD, and a WiFi adapter. It is a pain to convert to one the streaming formats supported by SAMSUNG PC Share. I will use my portable dvd reader to install the OS.

Try out windows media player 11 or above (has its own sharing service) or TVersity. Works wonders both of them.

just as BD ISO

So I tried DVDFab (latest version) to copy my Coraline 3D disc. It plays fine in 2D on my PC but w/my 3D player it only plays the menu. If I press 'play' to play the movie it 'thinks' for a moment like it's gonna play and then it goes back to the menu. I tried selecting a chapter and the same thing occurred.
So now I'll try AnyDVD by making an ISO and then using IMG burn. I really hope this works since I just made an expensive 2D copy of Coraline and really don't want to make another.

That's probably because you didn't tell it to make a disc copy in DVDFab, if you don't it just makes an ISO from the files it reads off the disc rather than a sector by sector ISO. Anyway if you have AnyDVD HD running you can just make an ISO using Imgburn then burn it back to DL disc after

It'll work. I ripped my Resident Evil 3D to iso, then burt to a double layer blank and it played without a hitch. Both 2d version, 3d anaglyph and i can only imagine the Real 3D one too (as i don't have 3D equipment).

Isn't the anaglyph created by the playback software not the disc itself?

That's probably because you didn't tell it to make a disc copy in DVDFab, if you don't it just makes an ISO from the files it reads off the disc rather than a sector by sector ISO. Anyway if you have AnyDVD HD running you can just make an ISO using Imgburn then burn it back to DL disc after

I'm running AnyDVD HD's rip to image right now and then I'll use IMGburn. I used DVDFabs disc copy (disc to disc).
I'll report back if it plays in my Sammy 3D player (and my PS3).

@Adbear: not in my case. The disc was played on my home theater setup and had 3 versions.

2d, anaglyph and real 3D

@Adbear: not in my case. The disc was played on my home theater setup and had 3 versions.

2d, anaglyph and real 3D

It depends on the disc. My Coraline 3D only comes up as '3D' - but on my PC when I view it it's in 2D. My Cloudy with a Chance BD offers at the menu level to select either 2D or 3D.

And YAHTZEE! It works like a champ. The BD-DL back-up for Coraline works great. I think I'll use this copy to watch and archive the original

Last edited:
@Wryker: what your coraline is concerned. Thats normal. It has been finalized in the blu-ray standard that if a 3D BD only disc is played on equipment that cannot process 3D, that the disc must output a 2D stream. Your clowdy with a chance of meatballs bd is a different case, it has 2 streams. 2D and 3D wich is why it offers a menu :)

I'm glad to see your backup worked. AnyDVD HD + imgburn is a killer combo :)

I was able to rip Avatar 3D and then make a DL BD disc. It played flawlessly in my ps3. Why are the files bigger when ripping than the original file?

simple, thats because of the way 3D discs are authored. If you look inside the BDMV/Stream folder you should see another folder called SSIF the file(s) inside there don't actually exist but those are the ones for your second eye. They just appear to be there because of the 3D structure. However if you rip to files the system thinks there's another stream and rips it all over again ending up with a oversized folder. Due to that the only way to currently rip a 3D disc is to rip to iso

simple, thats because of the way 3D discs are authored. If you look inside the BDMV/Stream folder you should see another folder called SSIF the file(s) inside there don't actually exist but those are the ones for your second eye. They just appear to be there because of the 3D structure. However if you rip to files the system thinks there's another stream and rips it all over again ending up with a oversized folder. Due to that the only way to currently rip a 3D disc is to rip to iso
I currently have a bluray rip on hard drive which shows as being 70 gigs i have tried burning to dl bluray but the burning program wont allow it. So if i remove this ssif folder will it work ok after burning to disc. Thanks Paul

It won't be 3D anymore if you do that. You have to rip from the original disc as an ISO if you want to keep the 3D part of the disc as well

Back